New IK Product Manager update for registered users

chris.r

IK is pleased to announce a new version of the IK Product Manager available to improve the experience of all IK virtual instrument users.

From today, you can reload any of your instrument sound files at any time with version 1.0.10 of the IK Product Manager. There are no more fees or time restrictions for these downloads.

Until now, if you didn't or couldn't download all of your IK virtual instrument sounds files within a 180-day timeframe following registration, you'd be required to purchase a "Sounds Download Reactivation Credit" for an additional 180 days to download the sounds.

We trust this new policy is welcome news for many IK users. We still recommend that you back up any sound files you download, but they'll be in IK Product Manager if you need them again.

IK Multimedia

Instructions

To get the latest version, launch IK Product Manager and follow the prompts to update. Or for new installations, you can download IK Product Manager here.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 11

• chris.r changed the title to New IK Product Manager update for registered users

I still have the previous Product Manager, but the problem I described a few weeks ago seems to have changed for the better.

On 10/27/2023 at 4:45 PM, User 905133 said:

This doesn't fix a bug I had the last time I ran IK Product Manager. It still says I need to update even more products (Sounds) than ever before. All of the ones allegedly needing to be updated are now expired even though I had recently downloaded or updated everything (or almost everything).

The last time this happened, there were only a handful of products that had expired that allegedly needed updating. Now there are ten.

So, is the product manager wrong in saying that I need to update those Sound Content Products for some odd reason or did IK really update the Sound Content Products?  

Maybe with new products, they might have changed the format of the files or the way they are registered or something like that.

I suppose I can try the Install All Sounds button.  Maybe that will resolve the discrepancy.

On 10/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, User 905133 said:

UPDATE (11 + hours later): evidently task manager was showing me the activity for the circling UI dots.  😞  As soon as I minimized the IK Product Manager UI, Task Manager reported 0% activity.  

So, 10 products under the Sound tab still show  Update  instead of Installed .  I will contact IK Support to see (1) if I really need to update those sounds, and (2) if so, what they recommend. 

So, I am no longer showing that sound content needs to be updated.  I do have a number of buttons for Sound Content that needs to be installed (or reinstalled) instead of being updated. The good news is there is nothing that says the Sound Content has expired.   🙂   

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, chris.r said:

IK is pleased to announce a new version of the IK Product Manager available to improve the experience of all IK virtual instrument users.

From today, you can reload any of your instrument sound files at any time with version 1.0.10 of the IK Product Manager. There are no more fees or time restrictions for these downloads.

Until now, if you didn't or couldn't download all of your IK virtual instrument sounds files within a 180-day timeframe following registration, you'd be required to purchase a "Sounds Download Reactivation Credit" for an additional 180 days to download the sounds.

We trust this new policy is welcome news for many IK users. We still recommend that you back up any sound files you download, but they'll be in IK Product Manager if you need them again.

IK Multimedia

Instructions

To get the latest version, launch IK Product Manager and follow the prompts to update. Or for new installations, you can download IK Product Manager here.

Thanks to my friend @Peter - IK Multimedia for advocating for this change. It's greatly appreciated!  You're a hero to our little group here. I'm grateful.  I have a few libraries I've put off spending $10 to re-download that I can now start using! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HIBI said:

There is no prompt to update if I start IK Product Manager version 1.0.9.
Should I just run the latest installer and do overwrite installation, or should I uninstall the old one before installing?

I suppose that you should to install the last version
I'm going to do that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niky Serrano said:

I suppose that you should to install the last version
I'm going to do that

Yeah, I have just run the latest installer to overwrite install and seems good. No duplicate found in the Control panel Programs and Features I was concerned about either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1