Bon Voyage!

cclarry

It is wild to see this thread here. A bunch of us sample and plugin addicts -- that in reality are just people who share a common love, maybe obsession for music. But this kind of thread, wishing one of our own well on a vacation, that just doesn't happen in many forums or social media vehicles among strangers. I think it's pretty nice that it happens here. I really like seeing, it a lot.  Larry loves putting up deals in this forum and he's been doing it a long time and I've always said, "Cakewalk Forum, powered by cclarry.," because he's the person originally responsible for it and no one comes close to what he does in keeping it great. I've had a number of people PM me at VI Control to tell me that they come here and don't know cclarry, but they regularly check here for his posts because he's so great at keeping up with deals. Even though that community is significantly larger. But I don't see being larger as something really important for this area. I already spend too much as it is! But I can't imagine VI Control or KVR having a thread like this one. It feels like a bunch of neighbors wishing a beloved neighbor the best before he goes off on a trip. Anyhow, I just think it's really special to see people caring for others and it is stuff like this that makes this my favorite online community.  

Okay, I could just hear my (teenage) kids ripping on me for this message and calling it cringe! But I bet everyone who took the time to post in this thread gets what I'm saying. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

It is wild to see this thread here. A bunch of us sample and plugin addicts -- that in reality are just people who share a common love, maybe obsession for music. But this kind of thread, wishing one of our own well on a vacation, that just doesn't happen in many forums or social media vehicles among strangers. I think it's pretty nice that it happens here. I really like seeing, it a lot.  Larry loves putting up deals in this forum and he's been doing it a long time and I've always said, "Cakewalk Forum, powered by cclarry.," because he's the person originally responsible for it and no one comes close to what he does in keeping it great. I've had a number of people PM me at VI Control to tell me that they come here and don't know cclarry, but they regularly check here for his posts because he's so great at keeping up with deals. Even though that community is significantly larger. But I don't see being larger as something really important for this area. I already spend too much as it is! But I can't imagine VI Control or KVR having a thread like this one. It feels like a bunch of neighbors wishing a beloved neighbor the best before he goes off on a trip. Anyhow, I just think it's really special to see people caring for others and it is stuff like this that makes this my favorite online community.  

Okay, I could just hear my (teenage) kids ripping on me for this message and calling it cringe! But I bet everyone who took the time to post in this thread gets what I'm saying. 

Well, you know he’s not just one of our own.

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Well, you know he’s not just one of our own.

On the flip side, if not for Larry and his deals, we could afford to buy that dang boat! 

Get outta here, don't let the door on the way out hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

I kid, I kid! Larry's our buddy and he makes this obsession of ours a little more fun. 

• Like 1