Coming Soon from IK!

cclarry

Looks like an IK library that will cost less for new users and more for current users. You also won’t be able to use jampoints and It will then show as needing update but you can’t download because downloads expired the second you initially downloaded the original version. Can’t wait heheh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Highlights

Premium Sample-Based Piano Instrument

Robot-Assisted Sampling for Accuracy

Lid Position, Harp Resonance, and Noises

EQ, Compression, and VCA-Style Limiter

Two Sets of Mics: Modern or Classical

30 Generative, Customizable Spaces

Stereo Width Control

3 Simultaneous FX, 2 Envelopes & 2 LFOs

For macOS and Windows

Features

Combining the world's finest concert grand pianos with creative, inspiring effects and the convenience of cutting-edge digital technology, Pianoverse Concert Grand YF3 from IK Multimediais a comprehensive and realistic virtual instrument plug-in that delivers the versatility needed to achieve the piano sound of your dreams—from classical concerts, to cinematic soundtracks, to intimate jazz performances. With incredibly accurate robot-assisted sample captures from top-of-the-line hand-tuned pianos, Pianoverse gives you full control over your piano sound, including lid position, harp resonance, pedal and mallet noises, and selection of two mic layouts for either a classical or in-your-face modern sound.

Pianoverse sports numerous FX on tap, including EQ, compression, a VCA-style limiter, stereo width, and more, with three simultaneous FX and four modulation sources—two envelopes and two LFOs. With 30 stunning generative spaces to choose from, each fully customizable, you can sweeten your sound with just the right spatial fullness or take it to unique locations like Mars or an iceberg, and adjust settings for sounds that have never been heard before. This instrument plug-in is available for macOS and Windows computers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I fail to see what this has to do with TONEX, Peter get on to the crew they either didn't get the memo or have made a huge mistake. Pieannies? we don't need no pieannies

We don't need no shhtinkin' pieannies
We don't need no black and white keys
No thoughts of Elton in the bathroom
Peter leave those keys alone

HEY, PETER, LEAVE THOSE KEYS ALONE
All in all it's just A, nother team away from TONEX
All in all it's just A, nother team away from TONEX

Edited by heath row
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wonder which pianos were sampled.

Pianoverse Concert Grand YF3 -> Yamaha CF III?

"Combining the world's finest concert grand pianos" implies multiple concert grand pianos.

Would be interesting to compare to NI Noire (Yamaha CFX) which has patches with FX.

Edited by ALC

Sampled by Robots, to ensure a pristine, soul-less sound.  This may be the main innovative bit--it should make extra instruments less troublesome to acquire.

I'm surprised about the multiple mic sets; is there something wrong with IK's mic room technology?  The generative spaces are probably IK's unusual algorithmic reverbs, allowing weird toroidal rooms (useful creatively). The harp resonance will probably make Simon happy. 

It says "top of the line pianos" plural, so there are probably a few unusual ones in there, but the  teaser and blurb only show 3 scenarios. Upright, felt, grand, rusty?

Any bets on download size? If I guess 10GB per piano x  4 pianos, I get 40GB; compare vs the Syntronik GS-V (34GB).

17 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

Sampled by Robots, to ensure a pristine, soul-less sound.  This may be the main innovative bit--it should make extra instruments less troublesome to acquire.

I'm surprised about the multiple mic sets; is there something wrong with IK's mic room technology?  The generative spaces are probably IK's unusual algorithmic reverbs, allowing weird toroidal rooms (useful creatively). The harp resonance will probably make Simon happy. 

It says "top of the line pianos" plural, so there are probably a few unusual ones in there, but the  teaser and blurb only show 3 scenarios. Upright, felt, grand, rusty?

Any bets on download size? If I guess 10GB per piano x  4 pianos, I get 40GB; compare vs the Syntronik GS-V (34GB).

I was surpised also by t he robot thing , but soul less would be played by robot , samples , we want consistancy and accuracy , this will be then translate when the playing is human as close to the real thing , in all case we re sampling sounds and velocities ... not performance , in the last case that would be a shame ;) 

Now if you re talking about round robins it s another story , depends on nulbers of velocity layers , the more  we have , the less round robin is  needed