2023.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

13 minutes ago, Keni said:

If I understood the comments here from the Bakers, if you download the link from the download cakewalk button on the bandlab website, you get the full installer, but I don’t know for certain if true or in effect yet?

When you click on the "Download" button on the Bandlab website, the so-called "Installer" is downloaded, when you launch it, you can select elements to install, but the installer itself (full) cannot be downloaded, it can only be installed through this program. But I can’t do this either - it says “You already have the latest available version 29.09.0.62 installed.” I have the Early Access version installed, and now I don’t know what to do to install the final release.

30 minutes ago, IgoRr said:

When you click on the "Download" button on the Bandlab website, the so-called "Installer" is downloaded, when you launch it, you can select elements to install, but the installer itself (full) cannot be downloaded, it can only be installed through this program. But I can’t do this either - it says “You already have the latest available version 29.09.0.62 installed.” I have the Early Access version installed, and now I don’t know what to do to install the final release.

There's no change from the Early Access update. You're already up to date. Build 29.09.0.062 is the release version. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Keni said:

Yeah, we EA people already got the release version.

If I understood the comments here from the Bakers, if you download the link from the download cakewalk button on the bandlab website, you get the full installer, but I don’t know for certain if true or in effect yet?

The Cakewalk Installer on the site will grab whatever version of the installer is necessary for your system. If it's 2022.11 or later, it'll use the updater. If it's a clean system or an earlier update, it will use the full installer version. 

8 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

The Cakewalk Installer on the site will grab whatever version of the installer is necessary for your system. If it's 2022.11 or later, it'll use the updater. If it's a clean system or an earlier update, it will use the full installer version. 

Thank you very much for the clarification!
How can I download the complete (standalone) installer so as not to depend on the previous release? I already asked this question in the “early access” topic, and someone from your team answered me that most likely the full installer will be published.
       Did I understand correctly that if I don’t have Cakewalk installed on my system at all, or if a version earlier than 2022.11 is installed, then when I run the “Installer” file, the latest release will be downloaded in full format? If so, where exactly will it be downloaded, and how to save it on my hard drive?

Edited by IgoRr

1 minute ago, IgoRr said:

Thank you very much for the clarification!
How can I download the complete (standalone) installer so as not to depend on the previous release? I already asked this question in the “early access” topic, and someone from your team answered me that most likely the full installer will be published.
       Did I understand correctly that if I don’t have Cakewalk installed on my system at all, or if a version earlier than 2022.11 is installed, then when I run the “Installer” file, the latest release will be downloaded in full format? If so, where exactly will it be downloaded, and how to save it on your hard drive?

That's correct, the Cakewalk Installer here will grab the full version of the latest installer if you're installing onto a new system. As with the update downloads, copies are placed in the Windows Downloads folder. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

That's correct, the Cakewalk Installer here will grab the full version of the latest installer if you're installing onto a new system. As with the update downloads, copies are placed in the Windows Downloads folder. 

Thank you so much, Jonathan!

Opened Cakewalk five minutes ago, after I have updated to latest version and tried to sign in through "help" and "sign in to bandlab" nothing happens??? I see a round blue ring next to the mouse pointer and then nothing? After a while I get the message again "Please sign in to your Bandlab account to activate Cakewalk".

Never had this problem after an update before???

Edit: Tried to inactivate the firewall and antivirus, both Norton 360 to no avail. Updated the Bandlab application but can't login anymore to the application so I uninstalled it. No problem to log in at bandlab.com

Edit 2: And now I get "Sign-in attempt timed out waiting for user responce"?

Edit 3: Finally a browser window opens and I log in to Bandlab and now I'm finally registered. Problem solved!!!

Edited by christian.landstrom
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 7:45 AM, Yves Chaput said:

Well, I believe the registration issue is totally related.
This is related to this update.
I do have a registration issue.
I click on Help -> Sign in to Bandlab and nothing happens.
After a little while I get the blue notification (bottom right corner) that Sign-in Timed Out.

I never had any registration problem before so I'm at lost here.

I have the same problem! And it started back with EA 29.09.0.055(( When I try to activate through the Help menu, this window appears and nothing else happens.

https://mega.nz/file/QmRWEBDB#5Yw4r8c3Aay7_ZtZ7EoHIshhvV_9G5WtVeIu_K7ej4k

I'll check the СOMODO settings!

UPD There are no prohibitions in Сomodo.

------------------------------------------------------

UPD2 Everything is OK - activated!

Edited by Vyacheslav
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, christian.landstrom said:

tried to sign in through "help" and "sign in to bandlab" nothing happens??? I see a round blue ring next to the mouse pointer and then nothing?

Most likely what happened is the page opened as a tab in your web browser but it did not jump to the foreground so you didnt see it. Either that or something is blocking the application from simply launching a URL in the associated web browser.
If you run into that its generally recommended to close the browser before trying to sign in so it will launch visibly. Again nothing has changed in the sign in process itself. Its worked this way for over a year now.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, David Baay said:

Not sure why the error detection code would mis-report the cause, but if you were already running a higher MIDI buffer size, I'd recommend going back to something more typical like 50-200ms and looking for related possible causes like misbehaving MIDI FX, Algorithmic MIDI-generating plugins or audio plugins that have excessivly high look-ahead buffers. Maybe start by bypassing all FX and see if the problem persists. And, of course, try to correlate the appearance of the issue with one of the last few major changes you made to the project content/routing.

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately I made several changes of this size and didn't get very acceptable plugin performances. The audio engine keeps crashing.

Have noticed a behaviour change with the new update.

Previously, I had auto crossfade on all the time, which is useful for my workflow, but I could use S (or ALT+click) to split a clip without it doing a crossfade, which is also useful for me.

Now having auto crossfade on also crossfades S-splits. Is there a way to get the old behaviour back? Switching auto crossfade on and off is slowing me down quite a bit.

Edited by John T

Between yesterday and today, I stumbled onto a potential bug with MIDI devices that was not present in earlier versions of CbB as of 2-3 years ago. It is not present in Home Studio (2017). Unfortunately, I have updated even my older PC and laptop to the current release.  If I can I will try to revert to some pre-2023.09 versions to test.

For more details see this post:

Even if this is not a new issue with CbB, I hope that the new products (Cakewalk Next and Cakewalk Sonar) do not have the issue, assuming one or both of those products will work with legacy MIDI interfaces). 

6 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Between yesterday and today, I stumbled onto a potential bug with MIDI devices that was not present in earlier versions of CbB as of 2-3 years ago. It is not present in Home Studio (2017).

• Some technical details that might help:
    • TTSSEQ.INI from today (23 September 2023):

[Options]
      PumpDataMsec=200
      UseAlias=1
      [AliasInput]
      E-MU Xmidi 2x2=Available (front)
      MIDIIN2 (E-MU Xmidi 2x2)=P2500 (No FX)
      [AliasOutput]
      MIDIOUT2 (E-MU Xmidi 2x2)=2022-09-15 P2500 (No FX)
      [OPTIONS]
      SendResetsToSoftSynths=0
      [MIDI Input Devices (UWP)]
      0=2 - MK-449C USB MIDI Keyboard [
      MaxInPort=0
      [MIDI Output Devices (UWP)]
      0=E-MU Xmidi 2x2 [1]
      MaxOutPort=0
      [MIDI Echo Devices (UWP)]
      MaxEchoPort=-1
      [MIDI Input Devices]
      0=MK-449C USB MIDI Keyboard
      MaxInPort=0
      [MIDI Output Devices]
      0=E-MU XMidi2X2
      1=MIDIOUT2 (E-MU XMidi2X2)
      2=MIDIOUT4 (E-MU XMidi2X2)

MaxOutPort=2
      [MIDI Echo Devices]
      MaxEchoPort=-1

• Note an output port seems to be missing. I expected to see:
      • 0=E-MU XMidi2X2 (for the first midi out on the first device)
      • 1=E-MU XMidi2X2 (for the first midi out on the second device)
      • 2=MIDIOUT2 (E-MU XMidi2X2) (for the second midi out on the first device)
      • 3=MIDIOUT4 (E-MU XMidi2X2) (for the second midi out on the second device)
    • I am using MME not UWP as I have traditionally done.