FREE IK Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

Patrick Wichrowski

Success This morning!

My Account finally showed the redeem button. Miroslav installed and authorized, but the Cakewalk VST Scanner Keeps failing to load it with error messages!

Anyone else have this or know of the solution?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

180 days, and I've rekindled some conversations about that recently and will share any news that comes out of that.  There have been some recent changes like the TONEX Pedal transferring the bonus software (AT5) and the TONEX MAX software (since it functions as the librarian and carries a lot of Premium Tone Models) so I'm optimistic we can keep moving in the right direction.

@Peter - IK Multimedia Just a thought with my strategist hat on, but if management's concern is about excessive re-downloads, how about they restrict re-downloads to x many times per period, such as a maximum of 2 re-downloads per 190 days or pay a fee? It might be a way to find some middle ground with management that thinks the current approach is a good idea. It would also give them a win with customers, as IK could announce the policy change as a result of listening to their customers and  being customer-centric. 

BTW,  I think you know,  but just in case, this is your friend Peter,  AKA edrummist!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Just a thought with my strategist hat on, but if management's concern is about excessive re-downloads, how about they restrict re-downloads to x many times per period, such as a maximum of 2 re-downloads per 190 days or pay a fee? It might be a way to find some middle ground with management that thinks the current approach is a good idea. It would also give them a win with customers, as IK could announce the policy change as a result of listening to their customers and  being customer-centric. 

Good idea.
At the very least, it would be nice if the 180 day countdown did not start for libraries that have never been downloaded.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of this policy and have a library that has gone 180 days without being downloaded once. When I found out about this system, I screamed "D**n it! F**k you, as**ole"

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

BTW,  I think you know,  but just in case, this is your friend Peter,  AKA edrummist!

Agreed. I've recommended this before and it seems easy to limit excessive downloads and not impact genuine users that need to reinstall on a new DAW etc.

There is really no reason not to go this approach unless IK is looking at the paywall to expired downloads as a revenue stream which would be very Waves like and anti customer.

The suggestion from HIBI is good too. With how large some of the libraries are, some people might not even have enough spare disk space on their current system and need to pay money just to install it for the first time when they do!

37 minutes ago, HIBI said:

At the very least, it would be nice if the 180 day countdown did not start for libraries that have never been downloaded.

Resetting download limits annually, etc should hopefully be the bare minimum though and easier to manage programmatically for the site.

• Like 3

I had to wait until i expanded my storage to download total max bundle and by that time some of my downloads expired. I still don't have full modo drums kits. Rather than spend the money, i just use other drums. Shrug. I'm sure i am not the only one who has chose to just use other products rather than pay for what they already purchased

• Like 5

I had to buy my re-download once when I bought a new computer.  I mean, it's just 10 bucks so it wasn't really a big deal, but if I ever need to do it again, I'll just simply quit using Syntronik/SampleTank/whatever else.  I have plenty of other plug-ins.  

If they removed the restriction, they would certainly garner a lot of good will from their users since everyone who's had to do it has complained about it.  

And even those who never had to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Not for me...I believe that if you already own it you won't be getting it

Not what I mean...

I got the plugin. Product Manager sshows it as installed and authorized, but when I run Cakewalk's VST Scanner, it fails to load with two errors. One being something about  controller? and the other unable to load .vpa file (whatever that is).

So I've got it but can't get it working!

1 hour ago, Release said:

If they removed the restriction, they would certainly garner a lot of good will from their users since everyone who's had to do it has complained about it.  

And even those who never had to.

Exactly this. They could turn it into a good news story and even get a bunch of free advertising and promotion by people talking about it on top of them announcing it.

It's also good for people where their installer fails to fully install something and the instruments are only half working and people would otherwise have to pay again for IKs installer not being smart enough to perform an integrity check on all files it installs prior to marking the library as installed.

I know this because I've seen it first hand once when I temporarily ran out of disk space. IK displayed the library installed OK and I suspected it wasn't.

This is part of my dislike of Waves and WUP. It shows they really don't listen, care, or respect their customers by pushing on with WUP. It just shows an ignorance of not listening to your customers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Not for me...I believe that if you already own it you won't be getting it

This is another problem that many customers have

Here my 2 cents

@Peter - IK Multimedia please, take this scenario into account to speak internally

Customers who have paid for the library in the past (like me), cannot see the promotion to re-purchase the product. I understand that we cannot re-purchase the product again to receive a new serial, but it would be nice, to have the possibility of reactivating it with the promotion, and being able to download and install it again

I don't understand the penalty to customers of this product. It does not make any sense

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Niky Serrano said:

This is another problem that many customers have

Here my 2 cents

@Peter - IK Multimedia please, take this scenario into account to speak internally

Customers who have paid for the library in the past (like me), cannot see the promotion to re-purchase the product. I understand that we cannot re-purchase the product again to receive a new serial, but it would be nice, to have the possibility of reactivating it with the promotion, and being able to download and install it again

I don't understand the penalty to customers of this product. It does not make any sense

This! +1 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

We appreciate your efforts, @Peter - IK Multimedia. I've had good experiences with IK. I just think that particular policy  of charging to re-download samples is not a good policy and should be changed. Thanks! 

I thought the same ... until I bought Total Studio 3.5 Max and realised just how much data it is.

Being a web developer and familiar with hosting costs I can totally understand why they charge for downloading it again after a certain time.

Now I just make sure to keep a backup, so it's fine with me.

10 hours ago, Keni said:

Not what I mean...

I got the plugin. Product Manager sshows it as installed and authorized, but when I run Cakewalk's VST Scanner, it fails to load with two errors. One being something about  controller? and the other unable to load .vpa file (whatever that is).

So I've got it but can't get it working!

Wasn't referencing you Keni!

The biggest problem for me with downloading the sounds was that there was a lot of overlap within the files, especially with Total Studio MAX. Same file archives under different apps and whatnot.  And then you've got upgrades and no idea if those are already part of certain sound sets or not. 

I think (and hope) I've backed up everything.

But if push came to shove and I had to reinstall it all, I have no clue what the right order is to install the files.

• Like 1

A total ridiculousness, Miroslav Philharmonik does not work if SampleTank is not installed, the instrument itself a real old crap of almost 8 gb of similar presets with very little fidelity for the current times, now I understand why they give it away, it's not for the month of classical music but for the month of ingenuous, so that later they can sell the ST expansions through custon Shop, don't be fooled, this is pure commercial strategy.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, JT music said:

A total ridiculousness, Miroslav Philharmonik does not work if SampleTank is not installed, the instrument itself a real old crap of almost 8 gb of similar presets with very little fidelity for the current times, now I understand why they give it away, it's not for the month of classical music but for the month of ingenuous, so that later they can sell the ST expansions through custon Shop, don't be fooled, this is pure commercial strategy.

Really?

installing Sampletank might get Miroslav working here?

I'm not happy installing stuff I won’t use. I abandoned SampleTank long ago.

I just git blindsided into installing TRacks with all it's bloat simply to acquire the 670, and one each nobrand eq and compressor. Very unhappy!

• Like 2