FREE IK Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

Patrick Wichrowski

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I realize that we get excited over freebies, but the samples that are the basis of the Miroslav orchestral library were sampled in 1993.

I'm still in the phase of learning about orchestral arrangements where I'm working with free and cheap libraries/players. Orchestral Companions, Orchestools (VSCO-based), Spitfire BBC, etc.

My velocities are still at 127, everything's on the grid, and I haven't gotten into articulations and the like.

Once I figure out what I'm doing and what higher end libraries have to offer, I might invest. Now I'm still in my Soundspot/Dead Duck/MeldaProduction free bundle/iZotope Elements phase.

8 minutes ago, Milan said:

Clicking on My Products did it for me.

Is not my case
When I go to my old Miroslav license, and do click in the Sounds Download button, I receive this popup window

image.thumb.png.bd7add024390c194514c1dcc412841b4.png

From my point of view, is the worst customer experience I have seen

I purchased this product in the past, I can not download it, and I can not get it now as free

Incredible!

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Looks like I already have it. All that sounds download within 90 days or whatever it is though...what the f is that all about.

You can download the sounds during a limited time of days. You have 90 days at the moment.

After these days, you have to reactivate or purchase the product again to be able to download it again.

Imagine that you purchase a new computer or that your hard disk is broken and you need replace it. If you are not in the limited time window and you didn't keep the installation package or you have lost... you will have to reactivate or re-purchase again

The amount of money to buy back is low, but it is an abuse. If you purchased a product, the normal is that you could download it always (forever)

For me, "this" is one of the worst actions that a company could do. IKM does this, and a lot of people think that is normal, but is an abuse itself

Anyone else having trouble getting this to scan into Cake?

I Keep getting failed/unable to load when the vst scanner hits it. Is there a way around this? Did I forget to do something? According toProduct Manager, it is installed and authorized. The scanner finds it but displays notes/warnings....

We don't get hosed after all!  🙂  

Thanks for your subscription to the IK Multimedia newsletter!
The Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE license has been added to your account.

For those of you with a Groove 3 subscription / pass and who resonate with the tutorial-style of Eli Krantzberg, he has some Orchestration tutorials. Also, you might want to seek out the posts of Jerry Gerber.

2 hours ago, Niky Serrano said:

You can download the sounds during a limited time of days. You have 90 days at the moment.

After these days, you have to reactivate or purchase the product again to be able to download it again.

Imagine that you purchase a new computer or that your hard disk is broken and you need replace it. If you are not in the limited time window and you didn't keep the installation package or you have lost... you will have to reactivate or re-purchase again

The amount of money to buy back is low, but it is an abuse. If you purchased a product, the normal is that you could download it always (forever)

For me, "this" is one of the worst actions that a company could do. IKM does this, and a lot of people think that is normal, but is an abuse itself

Thanks Niky. Yeah I know. It was a rhetorical question as the whole thing is just a mess. Seriously bad.

By the by I have 7 free products to claim from the Group Buy and nothing left to get.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Looks like I already have it. All that sounds download within 90 days or whatever it is though...what the f is that all about.

Yeah, IK's policy of charging customers $10 USD to re-download libraries after 180 days is definitely not a good,, customer friendly,  policy, IMO. I always hoped they'd eventually drop that, but that hasn't happened. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
Peter from IK clarified that the policy is 180 days, not 90 days.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yeah, IK's policy of charging customers $10 USD to re-download libraries after 90 days is definitely not a good,, customer friendly,  policy, IMO. I always hoped they'd eventually drop that, but that hasn't happened. 

180 days, and I've rekindled some conversations about that recently and will share any news that comes out of that.  There have been some recent changes like the TONEX Pedal transferring the bonus software (AT5) and the TONEX MAX software (since it functions as the librarian and carries a lot of Premium Tone Models) so I'm optimistic we can keep moving in the right direction.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

9 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

180 days, and I've rekindled some conversations about that recently and will share any news that comes out of that.  There have been some recent changes like the TONEX Pedal transferring the bonus software (AT5) and the TONEX MAX software (since it functions as the librarian and carries a lot of Premium Tone Models) so I'm optimistic we can keep moving in the right direction.

We appreciate your efforts, @Peter - IK Multimedia. I've had good experiences with IK. I just think that particular policy  of charging to re-download samples is not a good policy and should be changed. Thanks! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3