Melda MGuitarArchitect

cclarry

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

With a referral code and 10 credits I can get it for €42. I already own Mturboamp. Wondering if the cab part of it is exactly the same as MCabinet.

Can't confirm "exact" but it basically was from what I recall.  This product has been available to demo for a long time or free for complete users.  

There is a lot inside.  Once they get the NAM loader rock solid this could be a force to recon with.

Wish you could drop TONEX in the stack, that would make it insane 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Can't confirm "exact" but it basically was from what I recall.  This product has been available to demo for a long time or free for complete users.  

There is a lot inside.  Once they get the NAM loader rock solid this could be a force to recon with.

I've had TurboAmp for ages. Think I got it for $19 or something. Just recently bought the Hotone thing and Muramasa Electrum and I have all the Kuassa and Amplitube stuff. It's the sickness that's gotten a hold of me though...RRP €299 and I can get it for €42. I know of course that they know what they're doing to catch me but...

47 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I wasn't aware they had a NAM loader. That's pretty different.. I probably wasn't going to bother even looking, but I will definitely have to have a look at it now even just out of curiosity!

• Like 1

In the description of MGA, I found this:

MGuitarArchitect contains all MTurboAmp and MCabinet devices. Therefore the users who already own any of the named above can upgrade to MGuitarArchitect at a significantly better price. 

I can find it no cheaper than the $105 intro price. I have MTA and MTC.

Will have to send in a email for some clarity. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

A good portion of products use modules from others, so that is something to be aware of when looking at things. MXXX is a beast that is so complex that I have only used it to play around (it will tap into every Melda FX and even synths) and is difficult to track afterwards on what is being done; but this comes across as a very tailored version of MXXX limited to guitars only (which is actually a good thing to keep perspective on what is going on).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I own MCompleteBundle but it's not part of the 16.08 installer (yet), the beta is.

This would be the same for everyone.  I'm really surprised they didn't have a quick dot release to remove that name from the installer.  I also understand there is an update to the nam loader that should hit the next update so surprised they didn't simply wait.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ALC said:

I have MTurboAmp and my intro + upgrade price is $69.

Where didnyou find that at? I didn't see it this morning.  

25 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

surprised they didn't simply wait

It's Friday!! They want to go go go!!! LOL!+

11 hours ago, Grem said:

In the description of MGA, I found this:

MGuitarArchitect contains all MTurboAmp and MCabinet devices. Therefore the users who already own any of the named above can upgrade to MGuitarArchitect at a significantly better price. 

I can find it no cheaper than the $105 intro price. I have MTA and MTC.

Will have to send in a email for some clarity. 

Make sure you’re logged in man. 

16 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Probably. First time I've bought anything directly from them.

First time buyers get a percentage discount with a referral code, right? So the more you buy, the bigger the discount. In your shoes I'd consider saving the voucher for one of the bundles during the Black Friday sales.

MGuitarArchitect doesn't seem to be in any of the bundles yet, but you could ask Melda which one it's going to land in.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

45 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I am a guitar player. This looks cool. But man, I have a lot of amp sims. Anyone tried this for clean R&B, funk, country and rock tones? How does it compare others?

I'd give it the trial period to see what you think.  There are a ton of tone shaping options inside.  Part of it will be related to if you bond with the workflow. 

• Like 1

Well, I have an update. It would appear that I have MGA. I d/l the latest update this morning, installed it and sure enough, there it was. Looks like the full version to me. It doesn't say LE or Beta. So it must be included with one of my bundles!! Shweet!!

BTW, other than the link in the first post of this thread that Larry posted, I cannot find any info about MGA on the Melda site. So I don't know which of my bundles it is included with.

And I have to go to a grandkids b'day party and cut grass today!! Dang!! Won't be till tonight before I get to check it out.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1