APD Deal: MixBox by IK Multimedia - 85% Off

cclarry

Even if this looks like a no brainer I'll pass, because I was not able to do offline authorization anymore with some IK products! I had several issues in that area! Sad!

But luckily I have the PSP Infinistrip that is really great! Good bye IK, go to hell!

3 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I don't use it that much because I have TRacks and Amplitube from the group buys.  I haven't seen the  need to introduce this one.

That being said, there are some great effects in there.  For someone starting out this is a no brainer.

I use MixBox more than Amplitube because of ease of use and it's more light weight.   I also like that we can use FX in there besides just EQ and dynamics like PSP.  But PSP Infinistrip is pretty awesome too.

Total no-brainer on this deal if you don't have it!  👍

• Thanks 1

As someone who really hasn't taken advantage of Mixbox SE since... whenever it was that we all got that, I'm convincing myself this is a "gonna be this low again" sale and slowly venting my GAS.

Also, it feels a bit wrong to pick up a new FX suite when I've barely started exploring the new Guitar Rig that came with the recent MPS update (and also trying to sell NI/bx suites from the same, along with 831 other people, apparently).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zolton said:

As someone who really hasn't taken advantage of Mixbox SE since... whenever it was that we all got that, I'm convincing myself this is a "gonna be this low again" sale and slowly venting my GAS.

Also, it feels a bit wrong to pick up a new FX suite when I've barely started exploring the new Guitar Rig that came with the recent MPS update (and also trying to sell NI/bx suites from the same, along with 831 other people, apparently).

my guess is GR7 should have newer and fancier effects. It's always been a great effects tool.

As someone who uses Mixbox a lot, I would say, it makes sense to get it if you are a user of TRacks. It's very handy to have access to those modules all in one slot. In my case, I am a big user I got pretty geeky with it. I would read the IKM manual and then I dig up other articles on the units it emulates and go in there and tinker to see what it all can do. . So I am  familiar with the stuff I like to use.  I have other stuff in my collection, but defer to Mixbox as its much lighter on CPU compared to some other stuff i have. YMMV.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1