[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]

@Noel Borthwick

I have worked on several projects.
I get some crashes on AUTOSAVING, having to end the process in the process manager.

In some situations I have observed a slower performance, mainly when using the Ozone 10 mastering assistant, sometimes making the sound crackle and even crashing the audio engine. Something that didn't happen in the previous version.

I started to notice that after normalizing a set of Audio tracks, some of them are becoming desynchronized in the project and inserting noise at the end.

I'm going to try doing the normalization track by track and see if the problem occurs or if it's just in the multitrack normalization process.

Edited by Milton Sica

16 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I started to notice that after normalizing a set of Audio tracks, some of them are becoming desynchronized in the project and inserting noise at the end.

I'm going to try doing the normalization track by track and see if the problem occurs or if it's just in the multitrack normalization process.

CONFIRMED

image.png.14c1b11d6787da4ef73d193e3e142a65.png

CONFIRMED! When normalizing multiple selected tracks, a random track is out of sync in the project.

This does not happen when normalizing track by track.

I did it several times and noticed that this always happens on the last track selected.

Original track

image.png.cc58bae88a74cde587fbc5dbc61e22c1.png

After normalization

image.png.6a12e21a68d02c4c0eb401711aeabee1.png

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

They do not look like the same wave? Could you show more of the normalized one?

I only showed the end of the wave in both moments.
It's pretty easy to play.
1 - Select multiple audio tracks.
2 - Command NORMALIZE.

I have normalized at -3 DB.

I can't say that this happened in this EA, because I didn't previously normalize my audios.

When I started to do it in this version this appeared.

It was normalizing 5/6 audio tracks.

Edited by Milton Sica
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

I can't say that this happened in this EA, because I didn't previously normalize my audios.

I don't have this - all clips are normalized without artifacts.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ron Leemans said:

Has any one had problemes withe slowing down tempo?  Cause I have never so far been able to slow music down or increase the tempo either way!   having try many defferent way to experiment, So far nothing.......... Has it been rectified?

I haven’t heard of this, but to alter tempo simply draw a curve on the tempo track

Good morning! When I go to edit a drum set, using a folder, making cuts and repositioning all the tracks it is not working as before, I don't know if there has been any change in the way it works. What happens is that the split works, I drag each side only once and from then on the cursor does not allow selecting the parts and the fade between the parts does not occur. Can anyone comment if they also have this scenario? 

23 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

I only showed the end of the wave in both moments.
It's pretty easy to play.
1 - Select multiple audio tracks.
2 - Command NORMALIZE.

I tried this in 2022.11 and then with the new EA update and don't have this either.

Is it still happening?

2 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Yes. In all the projects that I have opened and tried.

Wasn't there a glitch a few updates back that involved something about different language installs?  I don't remember the specifics but if it's any help I'm using the English install.

57 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Yes. In all the projects that I have opened and tried.

This is an old, old bug - we've tried several times to fix it, but haven't managed so far.

There are a number of workarounds:

1.  The easiest workaround is to "Bounce to Clip(s)" on each clip, prior to normalizing (this was something we tried to do programmatically as a fix, but had unexpected side effects when done "behind the scenes").

2.  Instead of using the built-in Normalize, use a 3rd party plugin and Process->Apply Effect.

3.  Another thing that makes it less likely to happen is to have "Create one clip per file" checked in the Save As dialog.  Note that this won't affect existing clips until you modify them.

• Like 1

The install of last version was smooth... but there is in my opinion a serious issue (Sorry for double post if it was reported already)

In earlier versions (last 5+ years) when a resource hungry VST was a culprit, you would get "Stopped Audio Engine" toaster and playback would stop.   What happens now is it would play through without any warnings (No stopped Engine toaster) , with audio and performance meters unresponsive and no sound coming out.   

Restarted Cake, restarted computer.  Issue still present.

See video:

1 hour ago, Misha said:

Restarted Cake, restarted computer.  Issue still present.

Greetings!
A couple of my good friends had sound cards from Roland and MOTU for some time, and sometime they had similar problems after some random overload of Cakewalk. For them, this was caused by the fact that the audio card driver dropped, which had to be reinstalled after such cases. I am not an expert in driver issues, but some audio card manufacturers still have similar bugs until this day. First, check whether you have any system sound at all (play some music or video, open YouTube, etc.), and if you find any problems, reinstall the audio card driver.
Personally, I was lucky, this never happened to any of the audio cards I used, but I remember such cases with my friends, maybe what I told you will help you.

Hey, thanks for trying. I never experienced this particular behavior (with several 4+ interfaces) in the past 5 years . This started with this last Cakewalk update.

-------------------

Update

Uninstalled Cakewalk. Installed Nov 2022 version - No issues. Reinstalled Early Access patch, everything is working fine now.  Hopefully just an isolated glitch of some kind.

Edited by Misha

On 9/4/2023 at 3:08 PM, azslow3 said:

Originally reported Bus names related problem is fixed.

Unfortunately (I guess almost the same, so some cache...) problem exists (for me) with Sends. MIX_PARAM_SEND_OUTPUT returns the same value even after the send destination is changed. At some point the values is updated (f.e. when a send for another strip is added), but it seems like cached over destination changes.

It seems like I get topology update notification after changing the destination, but I can't get updated value...

On 9/4/2023 at 4:15 PM, msmcleod said:

This has now been fixed.

Hi Mark

Could we get an interim release to check the API fixes please?

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 9:30 AM, Wagner Cappia said:

Good morning! When I go to edit a drum set, using a folder, making cuts and repositioning all the tracks it is not working as before, I don't know if there has been any change in the way it works. What happens is that the split works, I drag each side only once and from then on the cursor does not allow selecting the parts and the fade between the parts does not occur. Can anyone comment if they also have this scenario? 

Nobody?

• Morten Saether changed the title to Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]
  • Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2023.09 Early Access [Updated to Build 62]