Fender Dual Professional !!??

Grem

1 hour ago, Sheens said:

personally prefer a meet/greet with KISS for only $ 4000

also getting my pic on Gene's bass for only $ 7495

ofcourse getting his bass for just $ 17500

I was at a wrap party at NRG in North Hollywood and when GS walked in, nearly everyone else left... there was only enough room available for him and his ego.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Haha 1

I have two of Joe Bonamasa guitars, both Epiphones. Except for the frets not being as polished as I like, they are two of my best sounding guitars. 

I would have no trouble buying that JB amp. I know it would be a quality instrument without a doubt. 

JB has learned how to merchandise his brand. And I will give him props for that. I have gotten a few of his items that interest me. 

I went seen him live. He ain't no joke.  He is the real deal. 

And Gene has taken what many thought was a flash in the pan, onehitwonder band, and despite all the controversy of Peter and Ace, and other past members,  they still have turned out music that sells. Along with tons of merchandise. 

Both are making bank.

Edited by Grem

6 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

I was at a wrap party at NRG in North Hollywood and when GS walked in, nearly everyone else left... there was only enough room available for him and his ego.

Had a similar thing happen with David Lee Roth at a certain club in West Hollywood (as detailed more than once already!).

15 hours ago, Sheens said:

personally prefer a meet/greet with KISS for only $ 4000

also getting my pic on Gene's bass for only $ 7495

ofcourse getting his bass for just $ 17500

https://www.genesimmonsaxe.com/meet-gene-on-tour/

sorry Grem for abusing  yer fred.....I'll toss off now..

And the most hilarious part is...Even if you buy all of that, it will still cost less than a single Sky Guitar.

https://www.sky-guitars.com/

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2023 at 4:09 PM, Bapu said:

And hand (deep) in your pocketbook too!

A lot of vintage gear is simplistic by today's standards, so that comes across as more brand name than amp to me. @DeeringAmps had mentioned he is slowing down on amp work, but it made me think he could probably build that for less, but he is also in tune with what the costs are these days.

• Like 1

There's only two pieces of amp history which interests me.

One is the Metasonix G-1000 *****ing *****er Amp, which I can't show the panel of for reasons you'll see if you look for it, due to David Lovelace's artwork of it and the  control labels. Essentially, Eric Barbour took a bog standard tube amp and every circuit where a tube could be placed regardless of function has a tube, giving the amp a total of 21 tubes. The amp runs so hot that it shuts itself down after two hours of use. When it first launched, only a limited run of them were made and sold for around 5k a pop. Trent Reznor was one of the people which bought one according to Eric.

The other is the Mojave Dirty Boy, which was a limited run of 25 of what technically would be considered Blues Sarraceno's signature amp. Think EVH is cool? He didn't have a built-in Variac in his modded Plexi...

mojave-dirty-boy-head-10-3-MdQVfPe.jpg

And of course, the 200W Fender Dual Showman, which some would call The Dick Dale Amp, with the custom 2x15 cabinet with custom JBL speakers with aluminum caps:

original.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 1:11 PM, mettelus said:

he is also in tune with what the costs are these days

My DVA Fifty, 2 x 10" combo (is a channel switcher and reverb) retailed at $3499.
I would (reluctantly) build one at that price, but only because I have a couple of cabinets and chassis laying around somewhere.
Couldn't get "rich" if I was busting out one, even two every week.
Hand wired amps are a "labor of love"; I don't ❤️ the beech no mo.
I'd rather spend time in the studio...

t

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1