Fender Dual Professional !!??

Grem

7 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I think a better range which doesn't require this crazy fingerboard with awkward fret divisions could be accomplished by using a 9 string guitar, tuning it one step down then replacing the bottom C# with a high G. If possible adding 27-29 frets. That should cover the vast majority of tuning range across guitars in theory. I don't have the funds to buy a 9 string and try that, but that's the idea.

I'll stick with multiple six-strings instead.  One "normal" tuning and a (B to B) baritone.  Oh, and 24 frets.

• Great Idea 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2023 at 12:49 PM, Grem said:

Never heard of it. But here it is. Looks pretty good to me. Listened to some of the videos and it does have a unique sound. Hand wired, hand built by Fender.

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/music-equipment-amp/products/48-dual-professional-amp-jb-edition

And today I read this quote form "down to earth Joe" who charges $3499 (MSRP) for the JB Dual Pro Amp.

=======================================
 "I'm a collector of things, there's no secret about that," began Joe. "There's two sides – as a player… what you used to be able to do is, I see a Princeton Reverb [amp] behind you, Marc. What you used to be able to do is [say], 'I'm gonna get a Princeton Reverb and see if I like it. You used to be out of pocket by maybe a $1,000 / $1,200 full retail. Now they're $3,500. Cat's can't swing that on a hunch [now]. Deluxes… they're now $4,500. Cat's can't swing that – they used to be a $1,000 or $1,500."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Now they're $3,500. Cat's can't swing that

I wonder who drove the price up!!

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

JB said _ "I'm a collector of things,"

At least he plays most of what he has. But the collector who doesn't play, just points to it and says "See what I got!! Bet you wish you had that!"

smh

Edited by Grem