Waves upgrade to Mercury (biggest discount ever)

Yan Filiatrault

I received a 250$ discount code to upgrade from Horizon bundle to Mercury. My upgrade price for a long time is around 400$, and that would bring the upgrade price to 150$. I never got a quote that low over the years.

I know Waves WUP and pricing is controversial, but with this price, I would get many plugins missing and upgrade almost everything from them from version 9 to 13 to the current version without the hassle of many installers, so I’ll probably get it. And I’m on Windows so never any problems with OS upgrades over the years.

Check your emails for similar offers for those not on Mercury.

Edited by Yan Filiatrault
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I received a 250$ discount code to upgrade from Horizon bundle to Mercury. My upgrade price for a long time is around 400$, and that would bring the upgrade price to 150$. I never got a quote that low over the years.

I know Waves WUP and pricing is controversial, but with this price, I would get many plugins missing and upgrade almost everything from them from version 9 to 13 to the current version without the hassle of many installers, so I’ll probably get it. And I’m on Windows so never any problems with OS upgrades over the years.

That is a great deal.  I think I paid around $180 to move from Horizon to Mercury.  I don't regret it.

Edited by husker
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Nice! My upgrade price is $1500, and I own 24 plugins in the collection + Sound Design Suite (40 plugins, many of them in Mercury). Only $1500! What a deal. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

You won't regret it!  I made a similar upgrade years ago.  WUP is currently maxed at $240 per year for everything you own of Waves - but you can get that reduced of course by not renewing every year, you can skip years.  And every year several times they offer 25% off WUP so that's the time to renew when doing so.  There are usually a few new products added each year that get included in Mercury.  Given the amount of tools included with ongoing updates it feels quite fair and the breadth of  tools continually keep coming in handy.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, hsmusic said:

Try Tony @ Plugin Discounts when Waves are offering their WUP sale. It cost me roughly .85 cents per plugin to update.

If not Tony, try Kolby at everyplugin.com.

Both will get you better deals than Waves will give you. And they will honor any Waves coupons you got.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Grem said:

If not Tony, try Kolby at everyplugin.com.

Both will get you better deals than Waves will give you. And they will honor any Waves coupons you got.

Also keep in mind Tony will match or try to beat any other offers you might find.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lawajava said:

You won't regret it!  I made a similar upgrade years ago.  WUP is currently maxed at $240 per year for everything you own of Waves - but you can get that reduced of course by not renewing every year, you can skip years.  And every year several times they offer 25% off WUP so that's the time to renew when doing so.  There are usually a few new products added each year that get included in Mercury.  Given the amount of tools included with ongoing updates it feels quite fair and the breadth of  tools continually keep coming in handy.

One small thing to keep in mind for anyone considering is that with Waves' recent debacle, it's probably no longer safe to say that in the coming years WUP will max at $240 per year and even that you'll be able to WUP if they try another switch to subscription only. It's really hard to trust them with anything after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

I own Horizon v14 and some loose plugins and my upgrade price is 800! No thanks :)

Bill

Check in with Kolby (or Tony) as mentioned above.  If you ask them, they might come back with an attractive price for you to consider.

• Great Idea 1

Listen not to the 'Fear Mongers' the 'Waves Haters' if you get a good deal, go for it, you wont regret it.

As for WUP, good advice mentioned above, but I want to say that the plugins received this year have been more than worth it, I might go back and count them up, but it has been a good number of plugins, and useful good quality stuff as well. 

• Like 1