New: Waves Scheps Omni Channel 2

cclarry

2 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

You are forgiven. :) I only have Ren Bundle from Waves, but always wanted to give the channel strip a try. It seems to be very feature rich and complete. Any more opinions? Please talk me out of it. :)

Talk you out of it?

Other than being better at De-essing than iZotope RX Standard De-esser and Acon Acoustica Premium De-esser, it's pretty much useless.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Talk you out of it?

Other than being better at De-essing than iZotope RX Standard De-esser and Acon Acoustica Premium De-esser, it's pretty much useless.

That helps a lot, really. I don't have a channel strip with a decent de-esser, so this is added to the plus side. 

Negative: Too much stuff, every addition has to be unique. 

So thanks for now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralfrobert said:

That helps a lot, really. I don't have a channel strip with a decent de-esser, so this is added to the plus side. 

Negative: Too much stuff, every addition has to be unique. 

So thanks for now. 

I'm just waiting for a better deal.

I'm waiting for buy 1 get 2 free deal, then I might jump on that... Even if Omni goes up to 49.99 ..

Buy 1, get 2 would mean each plugin costs about $16.66 :)

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I'm just waiting for a better deal.

I'm waiting for buy 1 get 2 free deal, then I might jump on that... Even if Omni goes up to 49.99 ..

Buy 1, get 2 would mean each plugin costs about $16.66 :)

Number of the beast. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Not technically true. Even unWUPed Mercury at V14 gets the upgrade.  Of course, yours would need  a WUPing because you are at V10. 

I am thinking about WUP for just that one plugin since I like it alot and have the original, but I just hate to (WWW) = WUP With WAVES. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Not enough new to justify it for me. I'd be curious how different the optical and soft compression settings are.

You can try out Waves plugins with no attachment.  I tried Waves Subscription for 7 days and decided to just keep my current Waves Plugins instead.  They let me cancel and didn't charge me.  I trust them.

**PS** This topic just got the HOT tag I've never seen before on any topic here on Cakewalk Forums.. is that new?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

You can try out Waves plugins with no attachment.  I tried Waves Subscription for 7 days and decided to just keep my current Waves Plugins instead.  They let me cancel and didn't charge me.  I trust them.

**PS** This topic just got the HOT tag I've never seen before on any topic here on Cakewalk Forums.. is that new?

Not new, happens from time to time depending on thread traffic. 

1 hour ago, LittleStudios said:

My Omni Channel was V10.... so for $12, I WUP'ed.  I actually enjoy the plugin, so yeah.  I'm not proud that I WUP'ed. 

If I did this, then I could no longer say "I've never WUP'd."....    ...and I'd have to update the updater. 😦

Edited by mibby
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mibby said:

If I did this, then I could no longer say "I've never WUP'd."....  😦

That is a badge of honor there.  Of course, I have WUP'd (and I don't really hate Waves), so I'll go slink to the corner.

• Haha 2