Update: SSL Channel Strip 2

Frank

looks like SSL are now forcing you to use their download manager !  has anyone got a direct link ?

EDIT

found it - under the "support" part of their website - annoying !

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I must be the only one that actually likes download managers?

I think they are a bit of mixed bag - some good and some bad. 

For example Native Access V1 was great for me but the latest V2 (3.4!) is totally appalling in every way - running a CPU hogging service the ENTIRE time you have your PC on - plus often fails to connect.   The development team behind that should hand their heads in shame :D 

The Steinberg one is a bit a of a liability too !

Thank goodness for Toontrack :) 

Even the good ones are probably very annoying if you only have one or two plugins from the developer though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I really like download managers that *also* (optionally) tell me what I don't own. IKM Custom Shop comes to mind.

although IKM installers tend to install everything wether you own it or not :( - which more than offsets any convenience IMO.

plus they charge for 'expired' downloads.

So in summary: total fail :)

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, simon said:

although IKM installers tend to install everything wether you own it or not :( - which more than offsets any convenience IMO.

plus they charge for 'expired' downloads.

So in summary: total fail :)

IIRC The Custom Shop does not install everything, only that which you own. You can however "try" things you do not own.

4 minutes ago, Bapu said:

IIRC The Custom Shop does not install everything, only that which you own. You can however "try" things you do not own.

dunno ? 

I think their download manager is now called IKM installation manager  ?- and if you install something like T-Racks or Amplitube then everything gets installed even if it's not licensed.

Fortunately Amplitube 5 allows you to hide the unlicensed stuff.

Arguably that's a problem with their installer packages and not the download manager 👍 - but they still charge for 'expired' downloads

Edited by simon

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

Each version of Amplituble seems to install everything they have released at that point.  It then just communicates to the mothership how much white noise it wants to play periodically until you get so fed up you buy it to make it stop.

• Haha 1