Cakewalk Activation Required ( Red Message)

jesse g

Has anyone else received the below message when opening Cakewalk By Bandlab?  The message had a red backgroung with yellow lettering.

Cakewalk Must be reactivated within 10 day(s).  Update activation status before time runs out, 

In CbB I clicked on HELP > Refresh Activation. I then closed out of CbB and reopened it again,   I have no idea what that was.

• Like 1

It seems self-explanatory, does it not?

Except maybe you're wondering why it happened when you have your DAW connected to the net every day and why would the activation ever get that close to running out and isn't it supposed to just silently renew itself yada yada.

And the answer is....it just does it this way sometimes. Every once in a blue moon, someone's Cakewalk will start forgetting to renew itself, then eventually pop the red toast message saying that time's a wastin', then they have to tell it explicitly to renew itself and then it's fine. Often they also have to log in to BandLab with their browser, but it seems that you were spared that indignity.

I didn't get the notice today.  It might be because I did a proactive activation refresh a couple of weeks ago--just before some people started getting bent out of shape in the Cakewalk Next/Cakewalk Sonar thread.

PS: In the unlikely event that I was wrong about the activation issue ("I am sure we will find out in due time") and we don't have 6-months to make plans,   I just refreshed my activation.  [emphasis added]

From June 9th.

Edited by User 905133
added a PS with a quotation from a previous post

12 hours ago, jesse g said:

Has anyone else received the below message when opening Cakewalk By Bandlab?  The message had a red backgroung with yellow lettering.

Cakewalk Must be reactivated within 10 day(s).  Update activation status before time runs out, 

In CbB I clicked on HELP > Refresh Activation. I then closed out of CbB and reopened it again,   I have no idea what that was.

Yes I just got the same notification ...

dhVHEUq.jpg

To make a long story short I hit the learn more tab and was led to the BandLab assistant web page

The link here shows where I wound up after poking around a little ..It has the answers I needed to find

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002692134-What-is-BandLab-Assistant-Do-I-have-to-use-it-

After reviewing my situation I wound up having to down load BandLab assistant ...It used to be I didn't have to have it any more  so I  uninstalled it ...

Now it looks as if I want to continue to use Cakewalk by BandLab  I have to use it once again .

After installing and logging in to the BandLab Assistant I got this BandLab notification ...

I left the web page up for my scree shot or It would have been just the BandLab assistant box open

R8cy1QE.jpg

Where it says Cakewalk up to date I reopened Cakewalk by BandLab using the open tab  I found I had been reauthorized .

VD1aKf3.jpg

I wonder  if anyone who want's to continue using Cakealk by Badlab will have to go back to and install the BandLab Assistant for all future re authorizations ...

I suppose that may be what they have in store for all Cakewalby Band Lab when they roll out the Paid version of SONAR

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Byron Dickens said:

I just refreshed mine a few days ago. No band lab assistant.

I had authorized a few other of my machines a few weeks ago w no problems .

On the laptop I'm on I hadn't used CakewalkbyBandlab in a number of months . After digging around,  it appeared to me that I had no other option other than reinstalling the BandLab assistant ...

I honestly wouldn't mind finding out what the real deal is ....

Kenny

12 hours ago, jesse g said:

So in your case did it reactivate ? If it did I should have  clicked on HELP > Refresh Activation like you did ...That sounds like a direct approach

OH well when I hit learn more , I wound up hopping into the Cakewalkby BandLab  Reauthorizan Taxi with a driver who not only thought I was a tourist he insisted on driving me all over the place and  everywhere using only the most scenic route xD

Kenny

16 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

So in your case did it reactivate ? If it did I should have  clicked on HELP > Refresh Activation like you did ...That sounds like a direct approach

OH well when I hit learn more , I wound up hopping into the Cakewalkby BandLab  Reauthorizan Taxi with a driver who not only thought I was a tourist he insisted on driving me all over the place and  everywhere using only the most scenic route xD

Kenny

Yes it reactivated, which was strange because I always keep my Studio Desktop computer with CbB connected to the Internet and I sign into it daily.  Also, I was signed into my BandLab Assistant when  I checked it as well.

• 6 months later...

Interesting follow up. Today 01-09-24 I got this "RED Notice - Activation required in next 10 days" My help did not show the refresh activation, only the offline activation option. I had to install the bandlab assistant to get rid of the message. I still show no option for the online activation in Cakewalk. I have used Cakewalk continuously everyday forever. No issues, until now. Strangeness.

also got the message, and keep getting the Melodyne and Update messages I don't want.

CbB crashing a lot and by now got 1 machine back to Sonar X3.

1 other computer I had removed X3....so a 100% sure at 51 y/o I'm still STUPID !

Will I ever learn ?  I hope as it hurts badly..

Legacy Cakewalk support shows 'under construction'.

Edited by Sheens

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

scheme in use since BandLab took over?

Yup, only difference is this puts everyone at the same time. Maybe this is a “heads-up” something is about to change?

just speculation here, inquiring minds want to know…

t

this IS the Coffee House , ya?

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Great Idea 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:08 PM, DeeringAmps said:

this IS the Coffee House , ya?

Ya !

KL2ARp1.png

FWIW, I got the 10 day notice also ...Wound up having to sign in within Cakewalk ...It reactivated

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1