IK Mixbox no-brainer sale! Only $29.99 - 90% off for 1 week only. Includes over 70 Mix FX.

cclarry

MixBox packs over 70* award-winning mixing processors and creative effects derived from T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank into a convenient 500-series style plug-in. Create, compare and save your own custom channel strips or multiFX chains, or choose from over 600* presets to give your creativity a kickstart. Whether in your favorite DAW or stand-alone, MixBox combines a massive range of effects and powerful workflow to supercharge your mixes.

https://blackoctopus-sound.com/product/t-racks-mixbox/

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 8

You say it precisely: "I would be a no-brainer - without brain", if I would buy something of IK again! 😆 

Even if it looks very tempting (I guess I wait for a good price on PSP InfinityStrip instead).

After all the installation and activation trouble with IK in the last years!

• Like 2

I use it too.  It's convenient, and it's also fun to load up a couple of presets and see how it can take your drums (for example) in a different direction.  Normally I wouldn't use presets for mixing, but when experimenting, this is a neat tool for that.  (When I record my own drums, I know what I'm working toward, but if using pre-recorded drums or loops, sometimes they just need a different "flavor" to the mix, and MixBox makes it a little more fun to explore variations, since it has so many options in it and is easy to use.)

Also, as someone said, this doesn't have the install frustrations of other IK stuff, since it's separate.  (I dislike the T-Racks way of installing, so I wrote a script to clean it up, but I'm nerdy like that.)  :)

3 hours ago, MarcL said:

You say it precisely: "I would be a no-brainer - without brain", if I would buy something of IK again! 😆 

Even if it looks very tempting (I guess I wait for a good price on PSP InfinityStrip instead).

I've used PSP InfinitiStrip quite a bit since it was on that deep sale and I'm so glad I picked it up. It's become one of my preferred FET compressors, the VCA compressor in it I really like, some of the EQs are fantastic and great saturation modules in there.

I'd love them to do an EffectsRack to includes some of their delays and reverbs, etc, or add them to the strip as well.

IK is more feature rich so gets the edge there by having them, but I still reach for InfinitiStrip more.

• Like 3

Definitely a good deal for the price.  I agree with cclarry--it's a no brainer.

Do they still give the Sunset Sound Reverb Collection with new purchases or was that a temporary offer?

Also, I don't know the current relationship between MixBox and MixBox for iPad (which they made it free).  Not sure if the regular MixBox unlocks MixBox for iPad.  I bought both before and paid like $7 to unlock the SSRC.

Anyhow, definitely a powerhouse of a plugin.

Edited by ALC

4 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I've used PSP InfinitiStrip quite a bit since it was on that deep sale and I'm so glad I picked it up. It's become one of my preferred FET compressors, the VCA compressor in it I really like, some of the EQs are fantastic and great saturation modules in there.

I'd love them to do an EffectsRack to includes some of their delays and reverbs, etc, or add them to the strip as well.

IK is more feature rich so gets the edge there by having them, but I still reach for InfinitiStrip more.

One thing I learned about PSP is that their plugins AFAIK are all zero latency, which is a huge plus if you're doing stuff live.  I regret that I missed that deep discount while I was researching and deliberating.  MixBox can build up a bit of latency depending on the modules used (not a problem if not using it live), but MixBox can still be used live--you just have to avoid certain modules that cause a lot of latency (to make it low or very low latency, but not no latency).

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, MarcL said:

I feel left out.  I have never had any "installation and activation trouble with IK"  For me, everything of theirs has just worked.......

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

I feel left out.  I have never had any "installation and activation trouble with IK"  For me, everything of theirs has just worked.......

You're the chosen one. Tell us your secrets.

Just recently I had another "aha" moment. I decided to move all Syntronik files to a different drive. I then also changed the path in the plugin settings, everything was back in place and worked. BUT: All my favorites were no longer marked as such! And I've spent ages listening to them all and deciding which ones I want to mark. Luckily I had saved a clip in Ableton Live for every favorite, because each preset really only sounds great with the right notes/chords/melodies (yes, I know, sounds like a waste of time - my form of procrastinating, I guess). It took me quite a while to re-mark them as favorites.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, audioschmaudio said:

You're the chosen one. Tell us your secrets.

Just recently I had another "aha" moment. I decided to move all Syntronik files to a different drive. I then also changed the path in the plugin settings, everything was back in place and worked. BUT: All my favorites were no longer marked as such! And I've spent ages listening to them all and deciding which ones I want to mark. Luckily I had saved a clip in Ableton Live for every favorite, because each preset really only sounds great with the right notes/chords/melodies (yes, I know, sounds like a waste of time - my form of procrastinating, I guess). It took me quite a while to re-mark them as favorites.

Not really. Syntronik is just a sample player anyways, so there's no way you're gonna have presets which work everywhere.

48 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Not really. Syntronik is just a sample player anyways, so there's no way you're gonna have presets which work everywhere.

The presets do work. And why wouldn't they work anywhere? I can tell it the path, which doesn't just contain the samples but also lots of additional information.  Syntronik must have its own database for all presets, it knows which patch has which attributes (like, is it a pluck, synth, brass, ..., is it a Syntronik 1 or 2 patch, which effects does it use, what are the settings for those effects), it remembered all that. Just not my favorites.

Just tested with a cheap rompler like New Nation's Tetrad Guitars: That does remember my favorites if I move and relocate the samples to a different drive.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

They don't work anywhere in the sense that the samples for each preset are made for that preset only and you can't tweak much of it in terms of oscillators and such because it's just playing a sample.

I don't see the connection between that statement and Syntronik losing my favorites.

Besides, you can actually tweak quite much! You can layer multiple oscillators, switch between dozens of different oscillators, you have envelopes, a modulation matrix. A preset isn't restricted to play a certain sample. And many of the samples are in fact being used by multiple presets.

But I feel like we're hijacking the MixBox thread. By the way, the effects section of Syntronik is very similar to MixBox, many of the effects are actually taken from MixBox (and T-RackS).

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 2