IKMultimedia Tape Machine 24 free with any purchase

MrFigg

14 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for the share. I actually don't have that one (or at least I don't think I do; I'll have to check my IK account to be sure), but I have a few others.  Is the IK one good?

It's my personal favorite of them all....YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for the share. I actually don't have that one (or at least I don't think I do; I'll have to check my IK account to be sure), but I have a few others.  Is the IK one good?

I don’t really use any of those tape machines. I think they’re just too subtle and don’t add anything much to my songs. The first four are pretty CPU heavy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for the share. I actually don't have that one, but I have a few others.  Is the IK one good?

For me, IK Multimedia Tape Machine 24 and Neold Warble are the best plugins to achieve that classic saturation character with Analog Synths emulations.

2 presets attached are one that i made in IK Tape 24 and then approximated its sound in Neold Warble.

TR5 Tape Machine 24 - Pat Saturation AnalogDimension.fxp TR5 Tape Machine 24 - Pat Saturation AnalogDimension.vstpreset NEOLD WARBLE - IK Tape 24 AnalogDimension 2.fxp NEOLD WARBLE - IK Tape 24 AnalogDimension 2.vstpreset

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, Patrick Wichrowski said:

For me, IK Multimedia Tape Machine 24 and Neold Warble are the best plugins to achieve that classic saturation character with Analog Synths emulations.

2 presets attached are one that i made in IK Tape 24 and then approximated its sound in Neold Warble.

TR5 Tape Machine 24 - Pat Saturation AnalogDimension.fxp 2.41 kB · 0 downloads TR5 Tape Machine 24 - Pat Saturation AnalogDimension.vstpreset 2.67 kB · 0 downloads NEOLD WARBLE - IK Tape 24 AnalogDimension 2.fxp 732 B · 0 downloads NEOLD WARBLE - IK Tape 24 AnalogDimension 2.vstpreset 744 B · 0 downloads

Wow, that's very considerate of you. Thanks, Patrick!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Pretty easy #1 or #2 IMO.

CPU heavy but also great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

When was this free 🤔

They're probably referencing the group buy.

I didn't have it and got it now. It shows up registered on the website, but I can't use it and Restore My Purchases won't help. I can't believe this happens every time with IKM products.

Edit. It finally showed up as registered in Custom Shop and after one more Restore My Purchases I can use it.

Edited by BTP

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2023 at 12:53 PM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I've never found the T-Racks tape machine plugins that amusing, perhaps because I've never used a porta Studio or any of the cassette recorders when I was starting with music. Plus they consume Acustica levels of cpu for no apparent reason.

that kind of stuff is marketed towards those who create music, the outside world doesn't care,  "that analog gear and tape emulation sounds so good thru my air pods" said no one ever

22 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

that kind of stuff is marketed towards those who create music, the outside world doesn't care,  "that analog gear and tape emulation sounds so good thru my air pods" said no one ever

It's true. But tape machine emulator could be used (i use them on all tracks) as a good transient shaper, right at the start for gain staiging. Even when used as "clean" gear, the different types of emulator can enhance a track or not. Even if you don't hear anything, their function could be important for the overall mix. Just tested a week ago the slate one, the IK and the Saturn one. Big big differences in results

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I hope you're at least being paid to advertise IK like someone shat in your cornflakes because Peter is. Cause that's his job.

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I hope you're at least being paid to advertise IK like someone shat in your cornflakes because Peter is. Cause that's his job.

If you're talking to me, why don't you quote me?
I'm getting paid by artists but if they wants to pay me, OMG WHERE DO I SIGN?
Howewher I advertised Slate, IK And FabFilter so i need 3 checks, 1 is not sufficient.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:53 PM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I've never found the T-Racks tape machine plugins that amusing, perhaps because I've never used a porta Studio or any of the cassette recorders when I was starting with music. Plus they consume Acustica levels of cpu for no apparent reason.

This might help you understand how to use them and what they do, They  emulate some pretty complex stuff under the hood and you got to really tweak the settings to get what you are after. Just leaving it on auto does not work well. The way I use them is I get what i think is the right tape distortion vibe for the track, then i render and print and remove the plugin. This frees up resources and also makes you commit and you don't go backwards and keep tweaking. then later on, i might use it again on the mix bus. 

https://gearspace.com/board/reviews/1364651-ik-multimedia-tascam-tape-collection.html?highlight=T-RackS+teac#post15700918

Its not the best solution if you just want obvious analog tape effects. There are things like XLN RC-20 or the free one from izotope called vinyl. I also use the IKM Mixbox modules Tape Cassette and Lo-Fi for that as well.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vinyl.html

Edited by telecode 101

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

This might help you understand how to use them and what they do, They  emulate some pretty complex stuff under the hood and you got to really tweak the settings to get what you are after. Just leaving it on auto does not work well.

I find strange how my opinion of not finding the plugin amusing because I don't have nostalgia for Porta Studios or vintage reel to reel machines equates to me not understanding how tape machines work.

The way I use them is I get what i think is the right tape distortion vibe for the track, then i render and print and remove the plugin. This frees up resources and also makes you commit and you don't go backwards and keep tweaking. then later on, i might use it again on the mix bus. 

And I have other plugins which do the exact same thing and can be left on the tracks in question. Because they're not CPU heavy.

Its not the best solution if you just want obvious analog tape effects. There are things like XLN RC-20 or the free one from izotope called vinyl. I also use the IKM Mixbox modules Tape Cassette and Lo-Fi for that as well.

The only other tape plugin which interests me and I intend on buying it when I can is u-he's Satin. While Saturn is another interesting offer, Dent 2 and Indent 2 from Unfiltered Audio more or less fill that role.