Jump to content
cclarry

IK Pick and Mix Group Buy

Recommended Posts

For me that would be ARC, Amplitube leslie and 2 tapies. Of course I'm hoping for the other 2 tapes at the end of group buy too but in case I'll have to choose - anybody have their favorite tapes? Why?

Edited by chris.r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed that the Ampeg SVX 1 and 2 Bundle (149.99) has quietly disappeared from the qualifying products list during the last few days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trager said:

Has anyone else noticed that the Ampeg SVX 1 and 2 Bundle (149.99) has quietly disappeared from the qualifying products list during the last few days?

Just went to 'My Promotions' which show I have a few picks available.  Both Ampeg SVX and Ampeg SVX2 are still available for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, balinas said:

Just went to 'My Promotions' which show I have a few picks available.  Both Ampeg SVX and Ampeg SVX2 are still available for me.  

Yes. The separate Ampeg SVX bundles - listed at 99.99 each - still qualify. But for the first several days of the promotion, the combo bundle of Ampeg SVX 1 & 2 - listed at 149.99 - was also on the list.  At least it was on the list at www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix/ .


So if, for instance, you have bought Amplitube 4 during the group buy, you will now have to use two of your credits to get both volumes, where based on what was originally advertised you should only have had to use one. Of course, "IK reserves the right to ... change or update information such as ... availability ... at any time without notice." I don't suppose it will affect that many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, trager said:

Yes. The separate Ampeg SVX bundles - listed at 99.99 each - still qualify. But for the first several days of the promotion, the combo bundle of Ampeg SVX 1 & 2 - listed at 149.99 - was also on the list.  At least it was on the list at www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix/ .


So if, for instance, you have bought Amplitube 4 during the group buy, you will now have to use two of your credits to get both volumes, where based on what was originally advertised you should only have had to use one. Of course, "IK reserves the right to ... change or update information such as ... availability ... at any time without notice." I don't suppose it will affect that many people.

Yes. I do remember seeing that a week or so ago. You are correct. I misunderstood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I say this all the time, but I am waiting for Total Studio 3 to come out and go on sale.  I’ve let Modo Bass, Modo Drum, Sampletank 4, Syntronik Deluxe, tons of Amplitude plugins, etc. etc go by.   I’m waiting for the big deal on the whole thing. 

I just don’t see this as much of a deal in the big picture of buying IK products.

Edited by Tiger The Frog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I know I say this all the time, but I am waiting for Total Studio 3 to come out and go on sale.  

That is, unless they bone you like they did with Total Studio Owners, who received
"nothing" at the launch of the TS Max products, other than the crossgrade from any 
$99 product! So, even if you own EVERYTHING, that you've purchased individually,
you get the SAME price as the guy who only bought ONE $99 product???

THIS is already, IMO, a HUGE problem, and on my list or IK "Stupid Business Practices"! 
Regardless of HOW MANY PRODUCTS that you own, you get no consideration for THAT,
other than the SAME consideration as the person who has only bought ONE $99 product...

NOT GOOD!

I own ALL of the T-Racks except Leslie, and ALL of the SampleTank, except for some
of the Syntronk Modules, and just about ALL of the Amplitube products, and was an owner
of the ORIGINAL "Total Studio" product!  So, even though
I've invested a butt ton of money, I get the SAME price as the guy who only bought ONE
$99 product???   Great model IK....great model!

Apparently it's "too complicated" to institute a "graduated" upgrade model, like
Waves and other companies do.

So, as you said, holding out for a "Total Studio Sale" might be more beneficial,
OR, it may NEVER come...

End of rant!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I've invested a butt ton of money, I get the SAME price as the guy who only bought ONE
$99 product???   Great model IK....great model!

Apparently it's "too complicated" to institute a "graduated" upgrade model, like
Waves and other companies do.

So, as you said, holding out for a "Total Studio Sale" might be more beneficial,
OR, it may NEVER come...

End of rant!!!

Larry, I agree 100%.  Absolute crazy bidness, and no loyalty for the likes of you and many others. 

Fold that Rant up and put it in your back pocket because a rant like that needs to be presented on a regular basis....even though IK cares, just not enough to adjust.

 

Now I find out that I don't qualify for the promotion, it has to be a mistake.

I have the tape collection

Modo Drums

Modo Bass

T Racks 5 Max

Amplitube 4 max

SVX 1

ARC 2.5

Sample Tank 3

I could contact them, but I just might not, it is kind of convoluted how you contact them....extra clicks...find the right department...

What else do I need anyway?

Give them Hell Larry, I'll let you know if I think you are taking it to far, but this time not so much you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

You have to buy a new product (from the list) to qualify for this promotion.

Thanks for that!  I just assumed that if you already had a $99+ product you were in😀

Thanks Matthew,🍀 the clarification gives me food for thought.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesse, I was ranting about IK's upgrade model...it sucks...

Yes, you have to buy at least a $99 product to qualify for
this group buy, but if you want the most bang for your buck...JRR is where it's
at...slightly cheaper than Audio Deluxe...with code GROUP

Edited by cclarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, trager said:

Or get one of the half price products cclarry sniffed out and posted here:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/5676-fender-collections-1-2/

They still seem to be available. You might not want them in themselves but they're probably the cheapest route to the better freebies.

It's over...no longer half price...but still a good discount with code GROUP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, apologies. 

They still show as half price for me when I add them to the cart, but I guess you're saying they can't be fulfilled anymore?

I've noticed an active GROUP code actually cancels the 50% discount for these items if that explains the discrepancy at all. 

Edited by trager
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 5:59 PM, trager said:

They still seem to be available

Yes they are still selling this at half price!!

On 8/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, cclarry said:

it's over...no longer half price.

Put it in your cart and go to check out you will see it's still $49!!

You slippn'!! : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...