A|A|S Multiphonics CV-2

cclarry

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I have everything AAS.

Me too. Just bought the upgrade. A bit surprised it came out so soon- But I think the Cherry Audio guys were cleaning up in a limited market with their modular. I love multiphonics though but I'm no synth expert. I tweak and explore using someone else's hard work to get me started. Things like the objeq filter are superb and unique to AAS in their modular. I think Multiphonics will (eventually) be Tassman on steroids.

Edited by Brando

I’ve got its grandfather AAS Tassman, with the modules firmly mounted on a black brick wall with Phillips screws, so I don’t need no darn CV-2. Gee, they really knew how to make GUIs in those days. Lots of presets as well. However, Full Magnifying Glass required.

jsEmU2n.jpg

As an owner of Tassman I’m actually offered an upgrade to CV-2 for $59 $49. But no, I'll wait for the $9 deal at Plugin Boutique. After all, that's what happened to my Objeq Delay.

Edited by Canopus
AAS have just dropped the upgrade price from Tassman slightly.
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

22 minutes ago, Canopus said:

I’ve got its grandfather AAS Tassman, with the modules firmly mounted on a black brick wall with Phillips screws, so I don’t need no darn CV-2. Gee, they really knew how to make GUIs in those days. Lots of presets as well. However, Full Magnifying Glass required.

jsEmU2n.jpg

As an owner of Tassman I’m actually offered an upgrade to CV-2 for $59. But no, I'll wait for the $9 deal at Plugin Boutique. After all, that's what happened to my Objeq Delay.

I remember the LE version use to be bundled in Home Studio.

Funny with all of these high res and big screen TVs as monitors you almost need a magnifying glass for everything.  Everything is easier to see on a 32" 720p TV.

I’ve got its grandfather AAS Tassman

Me too - and it still gets some use here though not as much as it once did. I love that old synth. Picked it up originally as one of the few available DXi's for Cake's Sonar 1 way back when (before Sonar could load VST/VSTi) and have upgraded it through all of it's various iterations. Always hoped AAS would come up with a new version of Tassman but understand the need to move on. Still love AAS and Microphonics has a rightful spot in the migration, IMO.

3 hours ago, Canopus said:

As an owner of Tassman I’m actually offered an upgrade to CV-2 for $59. But no, I'll wait for the $9 deal at Plugin Boutique. After all, that's what happened to my Objeq Delay.

Thank you for this information.  CV-1 was the only AAS instrument I didn't have and I had decided to pass on the CV-2, mostly because of the price.

I didn't know I'd get an additional discount for owning Tassman (which I've never used).

I got the CV-2 for 49 $CDN  (~37 $US) straight from AAS.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Paul P said:

I got the CV-2 for 49 $CDN  (~37 $US) straight from AAS.

Well, thank you, sir. The price you mentioned surprised me, so I went back to my AAS account and noticed that the upgrade price from Tassman to CV-2 has been lowered from $59 to $49 this afternoon. Still a tad too much according to me, but definitely a step in the right direction.

5 hours ago, Canopus said:

Well, thank you, sir. The price you mentioned surprised me, so I went back to my AAS account and noticed that the upgrade price from Tassman to CV-2 has been lowered from $59 to $49 this afternoon. Still a tad too much according to me, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Thanks Canopus... Owning both Tassman and CV-1 I'm now less impressed at the upgrade price.

I must say, the factory patches are impressive indeed.

The only word that comes to mind is clarity.  The sound is so much cleaner than what I get from other 'analog' vst synths.

I don't know if that's something you really want in an analog sound, at least not if you're in a before-digital-era frame of mind, but it's impressive in its own right.

I'm not sure what to make of it.  I want to round off some corners, but then I'd lose the incredible sparkle and precision.

I'm listening through some upper-end Sennheiser headphones.  I have very little experience in producing music, but I've listened to and own a lot of electronic music though, and this is in another realm.

I'm also just playing the standalone version so no daw or any other effects.

Edited by Paul P

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up CV-1 right after it was released (maybe ~2 years ago IIRC?) and was really surprised by the lack of some of these very features, so I emailed them multiple times asking if they might implement an FX instance of the VST, and if they'd somehow get rid of the error message that basically tells you you've run out of module space (seriously, if this is still a problem with CV-2, I'm going to laugh).

Of course I got no response, and that's kind of expected these days, but I couldn't help but notice that the GUI and 90% of CV-2 is just CV-1 in CV-2's clothing. It seems like an April fool's joke, because this could've easily been any other company's awesome 1.5 update (UVI did way more than this for their free Falcon update recently, for example). Jumping straight from 1.1 to 2 haphazardly is definitely going to cost them some previous fans and supporters. I hope they're aware of this.

For now I'll be sticking with Cherry Audio as I always do (who actually update their UI without charging), but I'm just glad to see anyone talking about this on the internet because it's low-key driving me insane.

• Like 1