Melda Black Friday Sale!

cclarry

If you're a first-time Melda customer, sign up for their newsletter to get a flat €10 credit. Also, be sure to use a referral code (mine is MELDA1923165, but anyone's will do) to get 20% off your first order.

By stacking all the discounts, a first-time buyer can upgrade their FreeFX bundle to "pro" for about €10.

For veterans, check your My Account page to see what kind of prices you'll get on upgrades. Bundle prices will be reduced even further to take into account plug-ins you already own that are in the bundles.

If you're wondering which bundle(s) give you the most bang for the buck, MEssentialFX is a smokin' deal. You get Mturboreverble (the only reverb I've heard that can touch the Exponential ones), MTurboDelay ( @abacab described it as a "Swiss Army knife," but to me that doesn't say it all, it's more like one of those plus a Leatherman Tool), MAutoAlign (essential if you're stereo mic'ing anything), MAutoDynamicEQ and a bunch of other heavy hitters.

MXXX is an odd one, since it is really more of a bundle but doesn't count as one. MXXX Core is the shell, so you can use the functionality piecemeal with the plugins you own. The actual bundles have "dupes" because of this (that and all MB versions are dupes of their single band counterpart).

That being said, as much as the concept of MXXX excited me, in practical use it requires a lot more thought to use. I haven't used it as much as I thought I would since a DAW FX chain using the same plugs is simpler and easier to decipher months later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

MXXX is an odd one, since it is really more of a bundle but doesn't count as one. MXXX Core is the shell, so you can use the functionality piecemeal with the plugins you own. The actual bundles have "dupes" because of this (that and all MB versions are dupes of their single band counterpart).

That being said, as much as the concept of MXXX excited me, in practical use it requires a lot more thought to use. I haven't used it as much as I thought I would since a DAW FX chain using the same plugs is simpler and easier to decipher months later.

Honestly I think they should offer Core for free to then encourage more people to buy the echosystem.

MXXX as a full product just throw it in with the bundles that include all the plugins.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul Young said:

To get to the full MXXX you buy Melda one piece at a time.  I like their loyalty.

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

MXXX as a full product just throw it in with the bundles that include all the plugins.

It is part of the MTotalFXBundle and MCompleteBundle. No additional purchase necessary.

40 minutes ago, scook said:

It is part of the MTotalFXBundle and MCompleteBundle. No additional purchase necessary.

For me those bundles are like $1k each hahah.  I looked at what I own and by just purchasing mixing fx bundle ($249) I’m 6 plugins shy of owning all in complete bundle. So that’s what I did. Even after purchasing mixing fx bundle the complete bundle/total fx bundle is $450 at half price since they only count 70% of total value towards bundle.  I don’t get their math. Anyway, I purchased mxxxx core and other than the missing 6 plugins I got all I wanted for $49 versus $450 (on sale) and I’m more than set for now.

• Like 1

Their system is kind of a head-scratcher, even though they spell out how they arrive at the bundle prices.  My All-FX bundle price is $700 , but the Everything Bundle is $608.  I understand that the price drops for my "Everything" because I already own MDrummer and MSoundFactory.  Still...

• Like 1