AudioDeluxe 12th Anniversary Sale

BTP

On 10/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, mibby said:

Good find!  TBProAudio has got to be one of the most underrated devs around. I'm always recommending their ISLO8 plugin for monitoring, but for some reason I always forget to check back on the site for other plugins.  The channel strip, gain rider, and ABLM plugins all looks pretty amazing and are surprisingly affordable for all the features! Maybe this dev just doesn't have enough visibility since he's not on any of the resellers?  Regardless, bookmarked (again) and I will be watching these (again!) ...

I had the channel strip on my list of interests for a long time, on paper all the features are there with good flexibility, as I demo'd it, quickly came the the realization I'd never use it over something like the AMEK 9099.  The problem with tbproaudio I think is actually the price, each plugin you have to ask yourself is it really worth that much more than you can get and alternative for?  Is it even worth what the alternative is?  

The pricing doesn't seem to get discounted and until the euro fell to the USD value they felt a little high.

EQ mentioned below is a good example, is it better than Toneboosters?  Which costs half as much or less? 

8 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

EQ mentioned below is a good example, is it better than Toneboosters?  Which costs half as much or less? 

If you are talking about DSEQ3, they aren't even really similar beasts, I own all the Tonebooster stuff as well, and think they are great, but TB-EQ's can't do half of what DSEQ3 can do, and the answer to your question is yes it is, even if just in what it can do that TB-EQ's can't, and is it worth it at double the price?, you bet your sweet a s s it is 😁  think you best have a read up.

https://www.tbproaudio.de/products/dseq

If that's not what you're referring to, then as you were captain.

Edited by heath row

14 hours ago, heath row said:

If you are talking about DSEQ3, they aren't even really similar beasts, I own all the Tonebooster stuff as well, and think they are great, but TB-EQ's can't do half of what DSEQ3 can do, and the answer to your question is yes it is, even if just in what it can do that TB-EQ's can't, and is it worth it at double the price?, you bet your sweet a s s it is 😁  think you best have a read up.

https://www.tbproaudio.de/products/dseq

If that's not what you're referring to, then as you were captain.

I've done the read up.  The qeustion is what is the practical use what can it do that EQ4 can't.  The fundemental dynamic EQ stuff is there across both, EQ4 has per band M/S as well as saturation controls (something DSEQ3 doesn't have, correct?).  It has a clean well thought out interface.

You get into something like MAutodynamicEQ and people wax poetic about the fact you can make it do anything but in practical use it can be quite difficult for the average person to set up the "advanced" features and thus provides little to no extra value to a normal person (I own it too).  

TBProaudio also has the geq12 which at $80 seems overpriced, IMO.

DSEQ3 seems more like more of a limited use "fix it" type of tool than an essential everyday workhorse EQ to me.  With that being said, what is it you are dealing with that DSEQ3 is needed above and beyond the capabilites of EQ4, etc?

On 10/14/2022 at 7:20 AM, MusicMan said:

Oh I didn't know that! I've only ever seen it pitched as gain matching, not bypassing sections of plugin chains. Will have to check it out 🙂

I gave GainMatch a demo too and it's actually pretty nice and does have the ability to insert and instance in a plugin chain too, so thanks for the tip.

I did still end up going with MCompare this time around though, as it can do the gain matching, be inserted into the plugin chain in multiple places, load reference files for A-B comparisons and has an option for blind testing between all of these like Hofa. So it's like it's a mash of MetricAB, GainMatch and Hofa blind test all for $12!

On 10/16/2022 at 8:33 PM, Brian Walton said:

I generally like tbproaudio but must have overlooked this one as I don't remember seeing it.  Looks good on paper and interface layout but no first hand experience.

If you want to pin to desktop for a number of instances my first instinct would be download the demo and get a sense of the scaling options. Other plugins I've tried of theirs do have % scaling.  

Looks like a legit alternative without testing it.

Thanks Brian and I've been testing them both out and I don't think there's too much in it. I prefer the Boz interface and the TB is a little crowded, which is to be expected given it has more features. Correlation and phase meters are a nice touch with TB, but I'm likely not going to be panning bass, kicks, or other deep instruments where that matters as much and Boz does have a simple button for a mono check as well.

The stereo widening, mono to stereo and bass focus on the TB are nice additions, but I'm not sure I would be using this plugin for those duties given some of my alternatives.

Boz does have more controls for the delay aspect too. I have a feeling I may end up grabbing Boz, but I haven't quite decided yet. I don't think there's a wrong choice between them really at least 🙂

• Like 1

yup. 7 more hours. i am hold out. saving for BF or CM. But I do really like the sound of the demos of  the UVI 1250 and I don't have anything in my collection that sounds like it. I think UVI still use iLok which is fine by me. I have other stuff that use iLok.

https://www.uvi.net/u1250.html#specs

Edited by telecode 101

13 minutes ago, jbl4311 said:

About 7 hours left. I was looking at the UVI U1250 and the free piano. How's the UVI ecosystem as far as installation and authorization? Hopefully it's better than Syntronik and SampleTank.

Installation works pretty fine, the installer placed a “.ufs” file in a UVI Soundbanks folder. UVI Portal then guides you to (machine) iLok granting 3 authorizations. 

12 hours ago, Fleer said:

Edith adds: better admit you just got that U1250 yourself before the clock runs out. 

Tell her I've just got it so now you too had to :D 

Edited by chris.r
edited for some pathetic grammar errors
  • Haha 1