Is "Cronus" - V Vocal plugin no longer supported ?

noynekker

57 minutes ago, scook said:

AFAIK, all the updates are still available on the old Cakewalk website through the knowledge base just like they have always been.

The X2a update is definitely there  and was never applied to the production X2 installer. Rolling updates were introduced after X3.

IOW, ALL Cakewalk products without a CCC aware installers need to have ALL updates manually applied for the DAW and it's content to be at their most recent version. The most recent installers shown in the CCC are the latest fully patched installers for those products.

Thanks for all the excellent info... As always you are the best!

I also want to thank you dor alerting me to the knowledge base in general. Now and earlier. I forget about it and simply search My Products for things.... I gotta make a note... somewhere... somehow! 😉

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

V-Vocal tends to crash. This seems to be related to other VST's.

Hence there is a simple workaround:
- save a copy of  the file you want to edit
- remove all tracks with VST's in that copy (probably from the synth rack, too)
- make your vocal edits 
- export the finished vocal audio
- import that audio back into your original project

In case you need the instruments as a reference for vocal editing: just bounce them from your original file and import them to the copied file. (The one without the VST's)

As a matter of personal taste I prefer V-Vocal to Melodyne.

4 hours ago, Richie_01 said:

V-Vocal tends to crash. This seems to be related to other VST's.

Hence there is a simple workaround:
- save a copy of  the file you want to edit
- remove all tracks with VST's in that copy (probably from the synth rack, too)
- make your vocal edits 
- export the finished vocal audio
- import that audio back into your original project

In case you need the instruments as a reference for vocal editing: just bounce them from your original file and import them to the copied file. (The one without the VST's)

As a matter of personal taste I prefer V-Vocal to Melodyne.

Here's an easier way that never crashes. Disconnect all soft synths, save and close CbB and reopen. Use V-vocal.

Or if you need to hear the soft synths you can either export an audio mix of the music track and import it back in or bounce all the soft synths 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

got a Summer Of Sound June code for Plugin Alliance June 1st! I picked up CrispyTuner for $14! It is very similar to V-vocal but on steroids! I highly recommend you check it out!

Um... color me interested. How do I take advantage of this? Do I have to subscribe to Plugin Alliance for a month? Not a problem if so, just curious.

2 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Plugin Alliance is a conglomerate of plugin developers of which Brainworx,  Izotope and others belong.  Search for PA and join and they will send notifications on great sales prices on great quality plugins!

When did Izotope join them?

53 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

i have, but frankly  since i upgraded to Melodyne Studio, i'm firmly in that camp now. i have about another 5-6 products but Melodyne is just fast, reliable, and i can tune guitar / piano (sampled) chords etc if needed. 

My bad, lost track of who was who in this thread, it was meant for the person looking for an inexpensive tuner