IK Modo Drum Updated to 1.5.0

cclarry

Just now, cclarry said:

There are issues right now that IK is attempting to sort out...be patient...they'll work it out.

That's great, but I'm not wasting any more time on it personally. I'm done here, just wanted to share my experience in case it informs others! :)

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Correction. 1.5 CS is free, no new kits included. But it broke my existing full install!

Ok...let me make this clear...

If you ALREADY own Modo Drum then the upgrade to 1.5 is FREE!

The FREE version is NEW and includes ONE KIT (Studio Kit)

If you have MD FULL then there are 10 KITS under your "Sounds" in the IK Product Manager
that you have to install, along with the 1.5 update.

The SE Version gets 5 Kits - same scenario...2 old kits and the 3 New ones

There are THREE COMPLETELY NEW Kits that you get when you upgrade your existing Modo Drums Full
or buy or upgrade to Modo Drums SE

Hopefully that resolves all of this

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you have MD FULL then there are 10 NEW UPDATED KITS under your "Sounds" in the IK Product Manager
that you have to install, along with the 1.5 udpate.

So I don't see any updates - this is an example of what I see for all Modo drum.  Is this right?

image.png.c6f1a963ac5d4c9bbcdf0e651e727997.png

Just now, Fleer said:

And why don’t I get an email about this, as a Modo Drum owner? I must have enlisted a zillion times to their newsletter. Go figure. 

I didn't get one either...I spotted it in my daily update check

1 minute ago, husker said:

So I don't see any updates - this is an example of what I see for all Modo drum.  Is this right?

image.png.c6f1a963ac5d4c9bbcdf0e651e727997.png

Nope..that's not right...if you have Modo Drums FULL then there should be 10 new kits there...

Modo Drum SE 1.5 will have 3 kits there...the FREE Studio Kit that comes wit the FREE 1.5 CS, and 2 more 

FREE version you will also have to get the FREE Studio kit, which is the FREE kit

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you have MD FULL then there are 10 NEW UPDATED KITS under your "Sounds" in the IK Product Manager
that you have to install, along with the 1.5 udpate.

I didn't think that the original 10 kits had been updated - where did you see that information ?  

The ones listed in the "Sounds" tab say "installed" 

Wow..this is one major CF for IK!

MODO DRUM Custom Shop is available free and includes one of IK's most popular drum kits and the full power of the MODO DRUM engine. At any time within the program, users can choose new kits à la carte, make their purchase and expand their drum room in minutes. All new kits and cymbals instantly become available for making music and creating custom hybrids with the other kits they already own.

There's One for Everyone

MODO DRUM 1.5 CS is fully featured with all of the same controls and customization capabilities of MODO DRUM SE and Full. It includes the versatile Studio drum kit with 12 more kits available à la carte within the program.

MODO DRUM 1.5 SE comes with 5 kits, including the 3 new ones, with the remaining kits available via the Custom Shop in the exact same manner as MODO DRUM CS.

MODO DRUM 1.5 includes the complete collection of all 13 drum kits and is the best choice for demanding music producers and composers.

Pricing and Availability

All versions of MODO DRUM 1.5 are available from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for the paid versions:

MODO DRUM 1.5 CS Free –1 kit, the MODO DRUM engine, grooves and effects

MODO DRUM 1.5 SE $/€149.99* - 5 kits, the MODO DRUM engine, grooves and effects

MODO DRUM 1.5 $/€299.99 - all 13 kits, the MODO DRUM engine, grooves and effects

Individual MODO DRUM kits $/€49.99 – available to CS and SE users via the Custom Shop

Special Pricing

Owners of MODO DRUM 1.0 and other qualifying IK products can log into their IK user account and add MODO DRUM 1.5 to cart to see the special crossgrade and upgrade pricing available to them, starting as low as $/€79.99 for the full version.

*All pricing excluding taxes

For more information about MODO DRUM 1.5, please visit: www.ikmultimedia.com/mododrum

The new "free" v1.5 update that is not "so free" brings as a novelty three horrendous padlocks to unlock new kits and nothing else, because the rest remains the same as v1.13, not even they solved the terrible consumption of CPU, a real update that only works for IKM and not the client.

• Like 2

At this point I have NO IDEA what's right!

I had 10 updated kits after updating to 1.5  The only ones that I didn't have were 
the 3 new kits

Based on the above from IK's website, only the Custom Shop update is free...
The whole thing is rather convoluted really, so I'm bowing out of trying to figure this
mess out!

Edited by cclarry
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, JT music said:

The new "free" v1.5 update that is not "so free" brings as a novelty three horrendous padlocks to unlock new kits and nothing else, because the rest remains the same as v1.13, not even they solved the terrible consumption of CPU, a real update that only works for IKM and not the client.

sums it up perfectly :)

• Like 1

Please note you don't need to download/install from the Sounds tab.  Ryan (where has he been around these parts for a while???) just told me that there was some confusion over this.

Also, if you have MODO DRUM 1.0 you can upgrade to get the three new kits for 79.99.  You should see the proper pricing when logged in with the account on which MODO DRUM 1.0 is registered.

If you update without purchasing the upgrade, you would still have full access to the kits you had before, of course.

• Meh 1

Black Oyster, Bubinga, Djentleman, Extreme, Grungy, Jazzy, Plexi, Reference, and Rock Custom.

There were 9...but, to be honest, these may not have been installed, I don't know...but they 
showed I had a full amount of days to download and install them...so who knows?

Edited by cclarry

11 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Please note you don't need to download/install from the Sounds tab.  Ryan (where has he been around these parts for a while???) just told me that there was some confusion over this.

yes you do - it even tells you to do that in MD when you click on the kit..... the additional 3 kits have a separate download (4 x .pak files in total)

• Like 1