IK Modo Drum Updated to 1.5.0

cclarry

40 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Same here.  I got MODO Drum during the GB as a freebie. Maybe only people that paid for MODO Drum are eligible.

This is consistent with my experience.  I was offered the $79 upgrade. My GB25 entry was MODO Drum.

PS: My version of TS2 MAX (purchased October 2020) had MODO BASS, not MODO DRUM. 

Never mind.  I just checked the store. It is now $199 for me to get MODO DRUM 1.5.  Its $149 to get MODO DRUM SE.

MODO DRUM CS is free, but since I already have MODO DRUM 1, I am passing.  I also have the ability to download the Studio Kit separately for free.    

Perhaps the $79 offer was only good for a very limited time--perhaps the time it took for IKM to get the individual kits available for separate purchase.  I saw the $79 offer before the individual kits were listed.

Edited by User 905133
(3) to update with new information; (2) to add a PS re: TS2 MAX; (1) removed then put back after double checking my receipts

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So I read over at GS (I think) that this will be taken care of and all Group Buy participants who got Modo Drum as a freebie will also be able to pay the upgrade price, which I will definitely not. 

yeah. I am sure it will get sorted out soon. its just really the same thing every time. IKM release a product and then there are all sorts of issues with the store. anyway, no big issues for me here.. as i will just wait until a GB to pick them up. There is a long list of interesting IKM products that are building up. TEAC, Fame, this, ...

• Great Idea 2

41 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

This is consistent with my experience.  I was offered the $79 upgrade. My GB25 entry was MODO Drum.

PS: My version of TS2 MAX (purchased October 2020) had MODO BASS, not MODO DRUM. 

Never mind.  I just checked the store. It is now $199 for me to get MODO DRUM 1.5.  Its $149 to get MODO DRUM SE.

MODO DRUM CS is free, but since I already have MODO DRUM 1, I am passing.  I also have the ability to download the Studio Kit separately for free.    

Perhaps the $79 offer was only good for a very limited time--perhaps the time it took for IKM to get the individual kits available for separate purchase.  I saw the $79 offer before the individual kits were listed.

The $79 offer is still good.  You just have to be logged in.  The issue right now is many who have MD 1 are not
showing the upgrade offer price, which is probably why you're not seeing it

18 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The $79 offer is still good.  You just have to be logged in.  The issue right now is many who have MD 1 are not
showing the upgrade offer price, which is probably why you're not seeing it

Thanks for the info.  I was (and still am) logged in.  But I see MODO DRUM CS in my user area.  So, maybe I clicked on that thinking that like Syntronik 2 CS it would add something; not sure.  If so, maybe having the CS version wiped out my $79 offer.  Not a big deal for me, though.  I have plenty of other drums.  Hope IKM can get their act together for the sake of others.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

Any of you could answer me if Mr. Peter representative of IKM went on vacation or fell asleep not responding to so many claims of this already so extensive post?? Or maybe it has no valid arguments to defend IKM's bad attitude towards Drum Mode customers....

1 hour ago, JT music said:

Any of you could answer me if Mr. Peter representative of IKM went on vacation or fell asleep not responding to so many claims of this already so extensive post?? Or maybe it has no valid arguments to defend IKM's bad attitude towards Drum Mode customers....

I'm as big a critic of IKM as anyone but Peter on the whole is ok - he's obviously paid by IKM so  of course he's going to 'sell' the company line - but bear in mind he has NO obligation to come on here for you (or us!) to abuse him  🕊️

yes these things are annoying but ultimately you have to learn to live with it - you only have to watch the news to see there are FAR worse things that can happen. 

Personally I'd very, very politely email IKM support and explain that you only bought it last week - they may well 'upgrade' you - I've had them look after me like that in the past...obviously no promises....

just my opinion obviously.

• Like 3

The IKM MODO Drum email I received this morning FINALLY made a clear statement that beyond the bug fixes and optimizations in v1.5, that 3 new drum kits were available for purchase. Maybe all of the negative feedback  had some impact on their marketing peeps. Or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 3