IK Modo Drum Updated to 1.5.0

cclarry

Just now, simon said:

It's very difficult to like IKM - they obviously think that this kind of business practice works for them though ?

What saves them is "Group Buys" and the quality of the product...but eventually that's not going to be enough.
People will get fed up with the idiocy.  I've been there MULTIPLE TIMES, coming close to selling everything and 
saying "Screw 'em"!

• Like 3

Commercial strategy totally abusive, previously they lower the irresistible price and then that one buys you shake a deceptive purchase update, I will stay with the 1.13 that goes luxury and I paid 69$, now surely it touches the same fate to bass mode, IK is a marketing company, it was to be expected.

• Like 1

Yes, the new kits are additional.  79.99 upgrade, less than some others charge for a single kit...

If you have a previous version but are not seeing the upgrade pricing, please contact support and they can assist you.  I'm reaching out to see if there's something going on to cause an issue but it would be great to report directly if you have the issue and have time to do so as it is good data to have (I reached out to our Support Manager to see if there's a common thread with anybody having issues).

• Meh 2

4 horas atrás, Peter - IK Multimedia dijo:

Sí, los nuevos kits adicionales. 79.99 de la actualización, a menos que algunos otros cobran por un único kit de...

Si usted tiene una versión anterior, pero no ha visto la actualización de precios, póngase en contacto y se le puede ayudar. Estoy llegando a ver si hay algo que va a causar un problema, pero sería genial un informe directamente si usted tiene el problema y tener tiempo para hacerlo, ya que es bueno tener (me llegó a nuestro Gerente de Soporte para ver si hay un hilo común con nadie tiene problemas).

Yesterday I bought the full version (1.13) and unfortunately, due to IKM's nefarious art, today I have another incomplete version. embarrassing IKM, it was my last purchase.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JT music said:
4 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Sí, los nuevos kits adicionales. 79.99 de la actualización, a menos que algunos otros cobran por un único kit de...

Si usted tiene una versión anterior, pero no ha visto la actualización de precios, póngase en contacto y se le puede ayudar. Estoy llegando a ver si hay algo que va a causar un problema, pero sería genial un informe directamente si usted tiene el problema y tener tiempo para hacerlo, ya que es bueno tener (me llegó a nuestro Gerente de Soporte para ver si hay un hilo común con nadie tiene problemas).

Yesterday I bought the full version (1.13) and unfortunately, due to IKM's nefarious art, today I have another incomplete version. embarrassing IKM, it was my last purchase.

This is interesting. Peter's original post was in English but when you quoted him, it was Spanish. How did that happen?

I installed the MODO Drum 1.5 update that IK dropped into my account today, and it promptly broke my existing MODO Drum full install. So I uninstalled it and rolled back to 1.1.3.

Details: I have the MODO Drums library content installed on my D (data) drive. After the update, MODO informed me that my content was missing and that I needed to reinstall.

• So I reinstalled, but it wouldn't let me put the content on my D drive path, it automatically selected my C (boot) drive. Cancelled.
  • So I rolled back. Wasted an hour. 🙄
  • Then I found out it is a paid upgrade to 1.5. SMH...

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

I installed the MODO Drum 1.5 update that IK dropped into my account today, and it promptly broke my existing MODO Drum full install. So I uninstalled it and rolled back to 1.1.3.

Details: I have the MODO Drums library content installed on my D (data) drive. After the update, MODO informed me that my content was missing and that I needed to reinstall.

• So I reinstalled, but it wouldn't let me put the content on my D drive path, it automatically selected my C (boot) drive. Cancelled.
  • So I rolled back. Wasted an hour. 🙄
  • Then I found out it is a paid upgrade to 1.5. SMH...

The Upgrade to 1.5 is free...it's the 3 Kits that they are charging you for...but the upgrade to 1.5 is free,
and you have install the new Sound Libraries under "Sounds" in the IK Installer

Just now, cclarry said:

The Upgrade to 1.5 is free...it's the 3 Kits that they are charging you for...but the upgrade to 1.5 is free,
and you have install the new Sound Libraries under "Sounds" in the IK Installer

Correction. 1.5 CS is free, no new kits included. But it broke my existing full install!

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Same message for me! 🙄 

But I got MODO Drum with the Total Studio 2 MAX Maxgrade deal in October 2020. That was prior to the group buy 2021.

There are issues right now that IK is attempting to sort out...be patient...they'll work it out.

It'd be quite nice to be able to demo them. I know it wouldn't be practical to offer multi-gigabyte libraries for demoing. However, one of the selling points of MODO Drum (as I understand) is that it's a physically modelled kit (or at least the drums are). I assume v1.5 includes the new code for modelling the drums already baked in; it'd be nice to have a demo mode (even if excluding cymbals), similar to how you can demo all of the Modartt Pianoteq instruments (pianos/glockenspiels/electric pianos/harps) which are all baked into the plugin.

• Great Idea 1