Acustica Fire Filter - First of the Fire One Knob Series

cclarry

8 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

If you have a coupon, it is applicable. That knocks off (for me at least) 20% which makes the price €31.20.

Which seems absolutely insane for a HP and LP individual filter plugin, right??

Not sure I really get this one and perhpas I should test drive before such judgement, but when you have something like Melda's MBandPass for free and has a "20-20" range on either end, 11 slope options and a seemingly endless Q range and super low CPU hits....

Don't get me wrong, HP and LP filters are super useful.  But they are also a dime a dozen, with top manufactures giving one away for free.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

One Knob, One Job
Our developers have worked diligently so that our new plugins work in 4 modes...

[]  Cash

()  Credit

^ Payments or

+ Gift (using one of the above to benefit a 3rd party)

all of which make that wonderful sound...   CA-CHING!!!**

Buy one of our nonrefundable plugins today and get KNOBBED!!!

**note: you may hear other sounds unless you happen to be on our side of the web servers 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah I've become a cynical old *****.
While I really hope that these are magically intuitive feats of audio programming wonder - that curmudgeon that sits on my right shoulder is whispering that they'll probably be four various implementations of sometime that should have been, at most, combined in a single plugin.

Edited by TheSteven

I used to love Acustica but the love affair has soured over the years. Just seem to be on a money grab all the time. Also the ethics of the thing, Behringer gets slammed, rightly so, for making money off the backs of designers who have toiled for years designing stellar equipment only for Behringer to clone it 1:1 and make a tidy profit.  Doesnt Acustica do exactly the same thing? Sample other peoples hard work for profit? I’m probably just in a bad mood and at least these filters are their own box they’ve built and sampled 

22 minutes ago, tom said:

I used to love Acustica but the love affair has soured over the years. Just seem to be on a money grab all the time. Also the ethics of the thing, Behringer gets slammed, rightly so, for making money off the backs of designers who have toiled for years designing stellar equipment only for Behringer to clone it 1:1 and make a tidy profit.  Doesnt Acustica do exactly the same thing? Sample other peoples hard work for profit? I’m probably just in a bad mood and at least these filters are their own box they’ve built and sampled 

That's what they ALL do...make money of other peoples hardware by "modeling" it.
However, in their defense they DO pay a fee if they use the same name...i.e...SSL, Pultec, etc...