Im referring to the posts about tempo changes. We had a long window where we were responding to feedback which is the purpose of the early access program.
We'll continue to respond to feedback but any changes will only occur in the next release.

1 hour ago, gmp said:

Hey Toy, I'm unsure from your post if this Tempo crash bug and quirky behavior you outlined was fixed in build 175 or is it still being worked on.

This has been confirmed multiple times in build 175 that it definitely occurs on two Japanese PCs. The video is the reproduction procedure.
 After confirming that "Change the Most Recent Tempo." Was not initially selected, it was very inconvenient, and then an operation test was performed. As a result, it was found that the operation was very strange.

Hi Everyone, I just upgraded to this new version of Cakewalk. Everything seems to be just fine except one cosmetic issue that I am having. In the inspector pane under the timeline, the separator seems significantly thicker than the previous versions. I am not sure whether this is a theme issue, it shouldn't be since I am using the default Tungsten theme and the issue persists with the Mercury theme as well. 

I know it seems like a rather minor nuisance, but that bit of real estate is definitely more useful for displaying tracks rather than a separator since I am on a 1366x768 resolution laptop.

Please see attached image.

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

It's a little thicker because of the new tempo envelope.

Just now, scook said:

It's a little thicker because of the new tempo envelope.

But If I'm not using the tempo envelope, it shouldn't be thicker, makes no sense for it to be thicker. I have seen screenshots in this same thread of people using this new version with the separator being the same thickness as before.

• Like 1

Hi there, today I installed 2021.04 Update 1.

I'm facing a problem with deleting tracks from the console view. I'm not sure if this is caused by the update or if I just didn't run into this problem so far.

Situation: the project consists of many VSTis with separate MIDI and audio tracks. I set up the track view to show only the MIDI tracks and the console view to show only the audio tracks.
I want to delete an empty audio track (not used by any VSTi). I select it in the console view, open the context menu and select to delete the track.

Problem: The audio track does not get deleted but the selection changes to the next track.
The selection change lead me to the impression that some other track may have been deleted (I asked myself if I really selected the correct track for deletion or if I unintentionally deleted a different track). As far as I can see, this didn't happen. Just nothing was deleted.

After including the audio track in the track view, delete was successful when invoked from the track view.

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm running 2021.04 update 1 and it happens that audio engine stops after having some clip editing and convert to clip to join some audio clips.

It's then impossible to start audio engine, unless project is closed. I'll have to go back to previous version ...

----
Sorry, after reinstall of 2021.01 same bug happens, this looks to not be a specific 2021.04 issue...
-----
This is a dropout issue, as indicated by the "dropout" label in the audio-engine panel.
I tried to increase buffers size and filesystem buffers but that doesn't help. Once the audio engine is stuck, there is no way to restart it without closing the project.
Very frustrating....

Cheers,

Edited by Marc Bleuwart
update after go back to 2021.01

In version 2021.04 , build 175 , the problem with keyboard shortcuts (w, CtrlPgUpDn,Shift/CtrlPgUpDn) in Staff View

persists ...

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

A few firsts, after the successive updates since 2021.04, which now persist even after the rollback.

1. Groove Player missing on template load.

2. The Options and Scan buttons are greyed out in the Plugin Manager, and in the VST Preferences, as well. The VST scan no longer works at all, automatically, on startup, or on demand. Newly added plugins are not detected.

3. The Gloss EQ missing in all PCs, in the Console View. The thumbnail no longer appears in the Insert menu, either. The .dll still exists in its Internal folder.

4. Trying to insert ANY PC module in the Console View crashes Cakewalk with no warning.

Don't know if it's CW or the Win permissions - which all seem to be the right ones, and should not prompt a crash; Defender doesn't report any active block - don't know from which update it comes from, except that it started to happen after the last 1-2 build updates.

Just putting it out there.

Untitled 3.jpg139578643_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.f79ca7ca5d9824be3a1a70f45d60d1b4.jpg

Untitled 4.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Olaf
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Olaf said:

A few firsts, after the successive updates since 2021.04, which now persist even after the rollback.

1. Groove Player missing on template load.

2. The Options and Scan buttons are greyed out in the Plugin Manager, and in the VST Preferences, as well. The VST scan no longer works at all, automatically, on startup, or on demand. Newly added plugins are not detected.

3. The Gloss EQ missing in all PCs, in the Console View. The thumbnail no longer appears in the Insert menu, either. The .dll still exists in its Internal folder.

4. Trying to insert ANY PC module in the Console View crashes Cakewalk with no warning.

Don't know if it's CW or the Win permissions - which all seem to be the right ones, and should not prompt a crash; Defender doesn't report any active block - don't know from which update it comes from, except that it started to happen after the last 1-2 build updates.

Just putting it out there.

Untitled 3.jpg139578643_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.f79ca7ca5d9824be3a1a70f45d60d1b4.jpg

Untitled 4.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Regarding VST scanning, I also had some problems with EA (early version), as the scanning process now includes a scan with more error checking. My vst configuration is this:

.image.png.a492af35fa9a7da9647e44cc89ca816c.png

No arquivo de inicialização foi incluída uma variável que permite qual tipo de consistência para verificar. Levantei o nível para 1. Ou seja como faziam em outras versões.

image.png.a46a70e6a387375f8274af0fc6893f2a.png

I hope this helps you.

Posted (edited)

Track Folder Buttons: In this and prior versions when an existing project is opened the Track Folder buttons rarely reflect the state of the tracks for all Track Folders.  For example folders that only contain functioning Aux tracks should have the the "Input Echo" button on, and frequently don't. Similarly other buttons may not be properly synchronized with track states and this can occur whilst working on a project. A minor inconvenience, but still, it might reflect CbB GUI rendering  issues that might be of some importance...

Edited by Tez
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Regarding VST scanning, I also had some problems with EA (early version), as the scanning process now includes a scan with more error checking. My vst configuration is this:

Thanks, Milton, I don't have anything added in the Initialization File. I suppose the scan value is the default, but that's not the problem, as it doesn't scan at all. It's not operational. For a brief moment, on opening, Plugin Manager displays the buttons correctly, then they instantly grey out.

Edited by Olaf

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

Thanks, Milton, I don't have anything added in the Initialization File. I suppose the scan value is the default, but that's not the problem, as it doesn't scan at all. It's not operational. For a brief moment, on opening, Plugin Manager displays the buttons correctly, then they instantly grey out.

Those two options are always greyed out when "Automatic Background Scan" is selected, as they make no sense for automatic background scanning.

They work if you change to "Scan on Startup" or "Manual Scan".

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Those two options are always greyed out when "Automatic Background Scan" is selected, as they make no sense for automatic background scanning.

While I generally leave the drop down at the default "Automatic Background Scan" the Scan and Reset buttons have always been available regardless of the setting.

One thing that will disable the Scan and Reset buttons is a bad  VSTScanPath entry in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST

VSTScanPath should contain the fully qualified name of the VstScan.exe. The default VSTScanPath entry is

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\VstScan.exe

IIRC, this is one of the registry values restored when running a full personalization (to run hold down the CTRL key while starting CbB) or manually update the registry.

Other issues in @Olaf's post may be related to a bad install too. They may be fixed with a simple uninstall/re-install; if that fails, a clean install. When running a clean install be aware step 9 may remove 3rd party plug-ins. Backup/copy the Vstplugins folders to prevent data loss.

@Milton Sica unless you have intentionally added VST plug-ins to "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins" (not recommended) this should not be in the scan path. No Cakewalk DAW or CbB install VST plug-ins into that path. Everything in there is DX format.

Also it is a good practice to leave the two rescan options under the scan frequency drop down deselected (the default setting). To deselected them change the scan frequency to "Manual Scan", uncheck both options then restore the scan frequency.

Love the latest build and all the great features that keep getting added, thank you! One thing I've noticed recently on my setup is that certain plugins (2 that I know for sure and I think there might have been 1 other) will have their GUI frozen or become blank after a certain time. The ones I know it happens on for me are Oeksound's Soothe 2 and Baby Audio's Smooth Operator.

They start off working fine but after a random time, when I open their GUI it's either blank (like all whitespace) or it's visible but any real-time feedback (e.g. spectral movement or button animations etc) becomes frozen. The plugins still work but their GUI doesn't respond or update (happens on both VST2 and VST3).  If I quit and restart they work fine again for a while.

These 2 plugins are new for me and I see someone else reported the same issue in a CW Facebook group back in January, so it might not be from the last update. Soothe 2 has the option to turn off OpenGL but that doesn't help.

I have a 3 monitor setup running on an Nvidia GT730 graphics card with all latest updates if that makes any difference.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, msmcleod said:

They work if you change to "Scan on Startup" or "Manual Scan".

thanks, @msmcleod, but it's not because of the scan mode selection - which hasn't changed - besides, it doesn't scan at all, even automatically. @scook is right. i've checked the registry paths, they're exactly those for my installation, some VST folder paths were missing from the registry, in relation to the DAW settings, I've readded them. I've managed to run a vst scan by running vstscan.exe as administrator in the Shared Utilities folder, and, in consequence, all the VST lists in Plugin Manager are now completely depopulated. On the other hand, the Browser Menu has not registered any change - no new detection, but no depopulation either. Inside the DAW - in the preferences and the Plugin Manager - the scan buttons are still greyed out, so you cannot select anything. Basically, every two or three updates, you need to do a clean reinstall and reconfigure/recustomize everything afresh.

Edited by Olaf
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Olaf said:

Basically, every two or three updates, you need to do a clean reinstall and reconfigure/recustomize everything afresh.

Not my experience at all. I have applied every update since CbB was released, some several times using the rollback installers.

Not once has it been necessary to perform a clean install or reconfigure CbB.

Also, I do not run CbB as administrator, never have.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

The Tempo Track is a great addition. However, the Tempo Inspector doesn’t respond to decimal commas, only decimal points. When trying to enter a tempo containing a comma as a decimal separator, the decimal is simply ignored. However, when entering a decimal comma for a node in the Tempo Track context menu, it is indeed acknowledged as a decimal separator. Would it be possible to make the Tempo Inspector acknowledge the regional setting Decimal Symbol as set in Windows? Almost all of Europe and also e.g. South America uses comma as decimal separator, so that's what you will find on the numeric keypad on your keyboard. And, after all, it already works that way in most other parts of CbB.

Edit: This issue was later fixed in CbB 2021.06.

Edited by Canopus
  • Like 2

The addition of the arranger inspector Tempo inspector seemed to have affected whether we can see Pro Channel in Inspector. I have some Pro Channel EQ and FX on one of my busses by default and the only way I can view Pro Channel now is by undocking the Inspector. 

It seems part of the problem is not enough space at the top of the Inspector Show/Hide Arranger Inspector, etc. Because if I undock the Inspector, I can then see the Pro Channel tab at the top right. With it docked, you can't see that tab

There's also a check box for Pro Channel - compact EQ module. That doesn't affect this problem. I did a search for Inspector and didn't find any other posts about this. So has this been reported yet?