10 hours ago, scook said:

This is a problem.

Vstscan.exe is not designed to run from the command line.

It should always be run from preferences.

it wasn't run from a command line, but from its folder - right click, run as administrator. and it's the only way it ran, because @Kevin Perry , from Preferences or the Plugin Manager, it wouldn't run at all, all buttons greyed out, as per my initial comment.

That won't set the command line parameters correctly, so it won't populate the registry with updated/new information.

• Thanks 1

I use Ozone 8 Elements to master my projects.

In some of them, the shape of the stereo wave has assumed this form.

image.png.68e3eedaf4bc7859e148be301a38b776.png

At the end of the export of the mix to the wav file, a click is heard that is inserted immediately at the beginning of the final mix.

Without making any changes to the project, I closed DAW, opened the project again and exported the mix.

So the mixing took on the parameters that I had determined.

image.png.65b99168918e89c21c5a708304234e0b.png

Hi,

I've just installed the 2021.4 build 175 version and I still have the issue described in this post (tiny plugin menu)

Hi again. I'm sorry to say, guyz, but it goes wrong !

I've been working with Cakewalk and Sonar for about 25 years and professionally for more than 15 years and I can't remember having so huge problems.

Now, I almost can't use Kontakt instruments. After some have been loaded in a project, the last one goes silent anytime I press play. Afterward, I get no sound from it except a few glitches. And I have to close it and reload it again to make it able to sound. But I get no sound again when I try to play again. My computer lack memory, but I never had such a problem and had been able to use many Kontakt instance in my project. Now, I've one with just two Kontakt instances, Rapture and Loom and even after freezing one instance, a third one can't run !

Also when I try to quatize MIDI when I have a plugin GUI opened, none of the drop down menus in the quantization window works. I have to close the window, close the plugin window and reopen the quantization window to have it working.

You use to to a wonderful job updating Cakewalk with nice new features. But take care a reliability. I'm now working on a client project and I will meet him this afternoon with very, very few done since our last meeting because of all this problems. It's not bearable.

• Sad 1

Há 1 hora, Will Zégal disse:

Oi de novo. Lamento dizer, guyz, mas dá errado!

Trabalho com Cakewalk e Sonar há cerca de 25 anos e profissionalmente há mais de 15 anos e não me lembro de ter problemas tão grandes.

Agora, eu quase não posso usar instrumentos Kontakt. Depois de alguns terem sido carregados em um projeto, o último fica em silêncio sempre que eu pressiono play. Depois, não recebo nenhum som, exceto algumas falhas. E eu tenho que fechá-lo e recarregá-lo novamente para torná-lo capaz de soar. Mas não tenho som de novo quando tento tocar de novo. Meu computador não tem memória, mas eu nunca tive um problema e tinha sido capaz de usar muitos Kontakt instância no meu projeto. Agora, eu tenho um com apenas duas instâncias Kontakt, Arrebatamento e Tear e mesmo depois de congelar uma instância, um terceiro não pode correr!

Também quando tento quatize MIDI quando tenho um plugin GUI aberto, nenhum dos menus suspensos na janela de quantização funciona. Tenho que fechar a janela, fechar a janela do plugin e reabrir a janela de quantização para fazê-la funcionar.

Você usa para um trabalho maravilhoso atualizando Cakewalk com novos recursos agradáveis. Mas tome cuidado com a confiabilidade. Estou trabalhando agora em um projeto de cliente e vou encontrá-lo esta tarde com muito, muito poucos feitos desde nossa última reunião por causa de todos esses problemas. Não é suportável.

Tente isso! Para mim funcionou com plugins que eu tinha deixando a variável de controle de inicialização sem tanta verificação.

image.png.2186e3bee7c5d265b38ee90781318434.png

Horizontal zoom on heavy projects completely freezes the dynamic display of some plugins. If you close such a plugin and open it again, its interface is already white.

2 hours ago, Will Zégal said:

Hi again. I'm sorry to say, guyz, but it goes wrong !

I've been working with Cakewalk and Sonar for about 25 years and professionally for more than 15 years and I can't remember having so huge problems.

Now, I almost can't use Kontakt instruments. After some have been loaded in a project, the last one goes silent anytime I press play. Afterward, I get no sound from it except a few glitches. And I have to close it and reload it again to make it able to sound. But I get no sound again when I try to play again. My computer lack memory, but I never had such a problem and had been able to use many Kontakt instance in my project. Now, I've one with just two Kontakt instances, Rapture and Loom and even after freezing one instance, a third one can't run !

Also when I try to quatize MIDI when I have a plugin GUI opened, none of the drop down menus in the quantization window works. I have to close the window, close the plugin window and reopen the quantization window to have it working.

You use to to a wonderful job updating Cakewalk with nice new features. But take care a reliability. I'm now working on a client project and I will meet him this afternoon with very, very few done since our last meeting because of all this problems. It's not bearable.

@Will Zégal Its very unlikely that the latest release caused any of these issues but have you tried rolling back to the prior release to verify?  A link to the rollback installer is always listed at the top of the new release thread. Very often issues are being attributed to the latest release when they are preexisting or externally caused issues so its important to roll back and verify if you have a reprodicble issue.

Is the problem reproducible every time or intermittent? Which version of Kontakt are you using?

5 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Vlad Vilnev Which plugin has this issue?  Sumptom  looks like it would be a memory leak or bug in the plugin.

With Eventide, with ADPTR metric AB, Wavesfactory Trackspacer 2.5, oeksound soothe2

The first thing to do would be to try and isolate the problem by rolling back and testing.
Also not sure if these do but some plugins that use OpenGL have problems in Cakewalk with certain versions of Windows and video drivers.

On 5/24/2021 at 3:32 PM, Kevin Perry said:

That won't set the command line parameters correctly, so it won't populate the registry with updated/new information.

It didn't, but unlike after being opened in CW, at least in ran.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:40 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

What resolution are you running at and what are your display scaling settings in Windows?

I'm having the opposite experience of a lot of other folks. The context menus for plugins are gigantic for me, even though my Windows display settings are set to 100% and 1920 x 1080, both of which are the recommended settings for my monitor.

4 hours ago, Ben Chase said:

I'm having the opposite experience of a lot of other folks. The context menus for plugins are gigantic for me, even though my Windows display settings are set to 100% and 1920 x 1080, both of which are the recommended settings for my monitor.

Thanks for the report. I'm working on some fixes in that area, so I'll PM you to discuss shortly.

I think I have a new (admittedly minor) item with 2021.04, build 175.  This is about setting the time signature on new projects to non-4/4 signatures.

I have a "clean start" template that has nothing in it except a master bus and has the "now" time positioned at 2:01:000, ready to receive imported audio.

Today I had a track in 6/8 to import.  I opted File | New and set the tempo, bit rate, time signature, path and project name in the dialog.  The template opened with the "now" marker at 2:03:000 -- and I imported all the audio tracks before I noticed it.  Okay, minor nuisance, and I corrected my project and moved on ... But I presume that the DAW recognized my time signature numerator (6), and it moved my "now" marker to the seventh quarter note (i.e. ignoring my input time signature's denominator of 8).

When I set 6/8, I would expect each measure to have six pulses, each pulse being an eighth note ... And a "now" marker set to 2:01:000 still should appear at/on the first pulse of the 2nd measure.  (I know, simple math.  Probably a bit of a logic flaw in there somewhere.) 

Is anyone else seeing an issue with midi not being recorded? Since the latest patch, I find if I try record midi, the clip vanishes when I hit stop. If I open PRV I can see the notes appearing as I am recording, so it is definitely seeing the device and the incoming midi data, but as soon as I hit stop, the entire clip vanishes from the track view and the notes are gone! I will do some more investigating later - but just wanted ask here before I file a bug report!

Thanks all!

• Sad 1

On 5/27/2021 at 12:40 PM, Chris Boshuizen said:

Is anyone else seeing an issue with midi not being recorded? Since the latest patch, I find if I try record midi, the clip vanishes when I hit stop. If I open PRV I can see the notes appearing as I am recording, so it is definitely seeing the device and the incoming midi data, but as soon as I hit stop, the entire clip vanishes from the track view and the notes are gone! I will do some more investigating later - but just wanted ask here before I file a bug report!

Thanks all!

@Chris Boshuizen, This has happened to me twice so far today. The first time I was just, "oh, I must have pressed SPACE when I meant R" but the second time I remembered this post. I think this may actually be a real thing.

Note: I am recording MIDI on a track that is not pre-armed, trusting Cakewalk to automatically arm the track when I press (R)ecord.

It's not reproducible - so far - in that the second time I try it, it captures the MIDI and creates the clip. I'll be vigilant for future recurrences.

Hello. I'm trying to get started with Cakewalk but cannot figure out how to solve this font issue.

I've reset Windows fonts to default, I think, and reinstalled Cakewalk a couple of times.

I'm using W10 laptop @ 1920x1080 at 150% scale, but i've tried 100%

This is what I see when trying to pick an instrument for example.

I have searched for a solution a lot without success. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2piFODF.png

uLl9ivI.png

• Confused 1