Jump to content

Recommended Posts

[UPDATE 17-May-2021: Cakewalk 2021.04 Update 1 (build 27.04.0.175) is now available]

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to 2021.04. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

2021.04 Release Notes

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the new version and I have to work some time on it.

I have to say that the enhancements are really cool!

Thanks a lot.

Giorgio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Many thanks for all your efforts lads! Much appreciated. 👍

Edited by Skyline_UK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was feeling experimental so I tried the High DPI Rendering variable. It definitely looks better. So thanks for that.

Bandlab integration seems to work well. I love the Tempo Track.

This is a very impressive update. Great job Bakers.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the New Version.

There is an ISSUE with the New "East West Hollywood Opus Edition". CW is official not supported,  see manual  page 8:  Sequencer Compatibility

It plays the wrong MIDI Track, that makes the selected track get the midi of other tracks - sorry need to figure out more in details ...

 

Edited by Roland-Music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I've had something like this before - but I can't remember how I solved it.

The GUI looks unchanged after the update to 2021.04 (Build 144, 64 bit).

But: when I click on the '+' in the Synth Rack to add a new softsynth to the project, the popup list with all VST instruments is too tiny to read on my 4K main monitor. And I can't grab and drag the popup to my second monitor that is configured to HD.

How can I increase the size of the popup and/or its font to make it readable again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LoopJunkie said:

I know I've had something like this before - but I can't remember how I solved it.

The GUI looks unchanged after the update to 2021.04 (Build 144, 64 bit).

But: when I click on the '+' in the Synth Rack to add a new softsynth to the project, the popup list with all VST instruments is too tiny to read on my 4K main monitor. And I can't grab and drag the popup to my second monitor that is configured to HD.

How can I increase the size of the popup and/or its font to make it readable again?

How large is the normal application menu text in comparison?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waveform outlines do not work on all colors, if I choose another color that is not in the first color palette, but in the subpalette, the outline disappears 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herbert Zio said:

Waveform outlines do not work on all colors, if I choose another color that is not in the first color palette, but in the subpalette, the outline disappears

 

Works fine for me. What Sub-palette are you referring to? The "Other..." Windows color picker? Something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Works fine for me. What Sub-palette are you referring to? The "Other..." Windows color picker? Something else?

Yes, even if you change the color in the theme editor for the new tracks, they appear without the outline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, Morten Saether said:

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to 2021.04. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

2021.04 Release Notes

Thank you all for your continued work improving and expanding CbB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Base 57 said:

I was feeling experimental so I tried the High DPI Rendering variable. It definitely looks better. So thanks for that.

Bandlab integration seems to work well. I love the Tempo Track.

This is a very impressive update. Great job Bakers.

Where is that variable ??  I keep looking but can't find it..

Thx !


EDIT - Found it in the release notes (OF COURSE :) )

Edited by Greg Wynn
More info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LoopJunkie said:

I know I've had something like this before - but I can't remember how I solved it.

The GUI looks unchanged after the update to 2021.04 (Build 144, 64 bit).

But: when I click on the '+' in the Synth Rack to add a new softsynth to the project, the popup list with all VST instruments is too tiny to read on my 4K main monitor. And I can't grab and drag the popup to my second monitor that is configured to HD.

How can I increase the size of the popup and/or its font to make it readable again?

What resolution are you running at and what are your display scaling settings in Windows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey guys... absolutely LOVE the tempo track revisions, and a couple of the minor bug fixes are very welcome for my Modus Operandi.

However, I notice that the Visible/Hidden status of the Browser (B) is still being ignored by the Screensets Module. Can that be addressed in future?

Inspector pane (I), and Dock (D)  status are saved in Screensets, but not the Browser.

Edited by OutrageProductions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using the new variable for Win10. My monitor is a Sansung Curve. I haven't noticed anything abnormal so far. Not for the better, not for the worse. I did notice a slow loading of Ozone 9 Elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I'm using the new variable for Win10. My monitor is a Sansung Curve. I haven't noticed anything abnormal so far. Not for the better, not for the worse. I did notice a slow loading of Ozone 9 Elements.

The difference is seen in text rendering when you are running with display scaling set to something higher than 100% in Windows. Take a screenshot before and after the change and you will see the text rendered better if you zoom in.
Fonts are rendered much crisper. But with some plugin's not optimized you may see some perf issues. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

How large is the normal application menu text in comparison?

It's as before and like in any other app or program: readable and in adequate size; the popup VST instrument list seems in comparison like 10% to 20% of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

What resolution are you running at and what are your display scaling settings in Windows?

I run 3840 x 2160, display scaling at 175%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...