Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access 2

13 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

image.png.85bd97243cb5e853bf3f0b69d70d2fed.png

What I do is delete one fx by mouse and then just press and hold DELETE on the keyboard. For some reason it won't work without deleting one fx with the mouse prior to just hitting the delete key.

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

(1) I can. (2) That's why I asked if he tried clicking on the ">" arrows  hovering over the categories.  It might not work on his PC; if so, it sounds like a bug to me, but we don't know. Some people see difference and assume the worst.  I'm like that, but then I make a cup of tea (or coffee) and try again. 😉

There were no arrows when I went to Insert.  I could not access my synths, as I can in the current version.

3 minutos atrás, Chris.r disse:

O que eu faço é excluir um fx por mouse e, em seguida, basta pressionar e segurar DELETE no teclado. Por alguma razão, ele não funcionará sem excluir um fx com o mouse antes de apenas apertar a tecla de exclusão.

Sim, mas sempre excluindo os efeitos um por um. Não há nenhum recurso para excluir ALL FX com um único comando. É por isso que estou sugerindo a inclusão deste botão vermelho para excluir um ou todos eles na mesma operação. Obrigado por sua gentileza em comentar.

23 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

@greg54 are you saying that if you clicked on the arrow by, let's say Bass, no instruments are listed? 

There was no arrow.

25 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Do you at least see that the menu option changed from a sub-menu to a "Soft Synth..." ellipsis? Here's what we are seeing:

CW_Insert_SoftSynth.gif

When I went to Insert, most of what was there was whited out.     Maybe I'll download it again and see if there was just an error in how it loaded last time.   

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Sí, pero siempre excluyendo los efectos uno a uno. No hay ninguna función para excluir TODOS los efectos con un solo comando. Por eso sugiero la inclusión de este botón rojo para excluir uno o todos en la misma operación. Gracias por su amabilidad en comentar.

@Milton Sica Your suggestion would be very useful, here is another trick to do it (video in the link) https://imgur.com/a/GorqPeH

Edited by Mauricio Ramirez
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:14 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

According to this shortcut list CTRL-D is a context specific shortcut for delete likely in windows explorer. It has no bearing on what individual applications do with that key. Its certainly not universal in other apps.

Hi Noel, I was too quick upvoting that particular post. However the underlying issue still stands. There are still shortcuts/operations that are not in line with standard Windows  use.  I guess its much easier for the limited group of long term CbB/Sonar users to change to new shortcuts (since they probably already use them for normal Windows operations anyway) than it is for many new users (which I expect CbB will attract especially with the brilliant new Bandlab integration) to have to learn new shortcuts that go against the way they are used to. Once in a while I still find myself also wasting time trying to do something in CbB after which I realise it is done differently (counterintuitively) in CbB. The more logical, the easier new users will feel at home with the DAW (or am I dreaming?🧐).

Its not the first time this discussion comes up. Is it not possible to add an option in Preferences where you can choose for legacy shortcuts/behaviour or new shortcuts that are in line with the operating system?

Btw, very impressive the ongoing list of bug fixes combined with new very useful features. It certainly keeps CbB on par with or even on top of the professional DAWs!

@Lonnie Dawkins, it is the Waves plugin crashing, not CbB. You're not alone, see this topic:

I may have found a new problem with the Track Manager in EA2 (2021.04 Build 125), though the problem could be caused by my inability to deal with the interaction between Screensets, Workspaces and Track Display setting which I have left Custom. In the gif below, I:

1. Start in Track View (Screenset 3) and verify that Workspace is set to None, then de-select some tracks in the Track Manager which removes the tracks from view.
  2. I then switch to Console View (Screenset 2) and then de-select the same tracks in Track Manager which doesn't remove the tracks. Notice that the keep track/console states in sync box is not ticked. However the de-selected tracks are not removed from Console View.
  3. I then open Track Manager again and verify that the de-selected tracks are still de-selected.
  4. I then switch back to Track View (Screenset 3) which shows that the previously de-selected tracks have reappeared.

Given my past screw ups using Screensets, Workspaces and the Track Control button, I suspect I've done something wrong, but I don't know what.

CEGhVK0.gif

30 minutes ago, greg54 said:

There was no arrow.

The arrow isn't there but if you click on Soft Synths it should show the menu as in my screen shot.  

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Teegarden said:

There are still shortcuts/operations that are not in line with standard Windows  use.  I guess its much easier for the limited group of long term CbB/Sonar users to change to new shortcuts (since they probably already use them for normal Windows operations anyway) than it is for many new users (which I expect CbB will attract especially with the brilliant new Bandlab integration) to have to learn new shortcuts that go against the way they are used to. Once in a while I still find myself also wasting time trying to do something in CbB after which I realise it is done differently (counterintuitively) in CbB. The more logical, the easier new users will feel at home with the DAW (or am I dreaming?🧐).

Since we're already off topic I'll just chime in my 50c. The spoken Ctrl+D for duplicate in most other DAWs became such a big part of people's workflow that Cakewalk simply had to adapt to it like there was no option, in trying to catch up with the front line. It was the user demand. :) 

I'm for example (a "limited group" long time Cakewalk/Sonar user) very uncomfortable with lassoing events with the right mouse click especially in the PRV since X1, but I had to accept it, there's the good and the ugly about it. Was there a switch in the preferences for legacy mode, sure I'd use it.

Edited by chris.r

53 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

The arrow isn't there but if you click on Soft Synths it should show the menu as in my screen shot.  

I tried it, Brian, but most of what was there in Insert was whited out.   I may download it all again and see if maybe it didn't install correctly the first time.

3 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

uau. Isso é muito bom, no entanto, até onde eu entendo, uma restauração é feita para o último estado da mistura. ¿No?

It leaves it as when you insert a new track, that is, it also deletes your automations.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello there

is there a solution for my problem? (did not open bandlab inside cakewalk)

And...  Do you double-click to open the audio clip in a separate window? very inconvenient to edit in large projects

anysolutionsdoh.thumb.png.ce880d92254b4b7306c5726c534939f6.png

Edited by No Rave

1 hour ago, greg54 said:

There was no arrow.

Is that not your picture above showing a list starting with Bass >?

1 hour ago, Bill Phillips said:

I may have found a new problem with the Track Manager in EA2 (2021.04 Build 125), though the problem could be caused by my inability to deal with the interaction between Screensets, Workspaces and Track Display setting which I have left Custom. In the gif below, I:

1. Start in Track View (Screenset 3) and verify that Workspace is set to None, then de-select some tracks in the Track Manager which removes the tracks from view.
  2. I then switch to Console View (Screenset 2) and then de-select the same tracks in Track Manager which doesn't remove the tracks. Notice that the keep track/console states in sync box is not ticked. However the de-selected tracks are not removed from Console View.
  3. I then open Track Manager again and verify that the de-selected tracks are still de-selected.
  4. I then switch back to Track View (Screenset 3) which shows that the previously de-selected tracks have reappeared.

Given my past screw ups using Screensets, Workspaces and the Track Control button, I suspect I've done something wrong, but I don't know what.

Ok, I've worked out what's going on, and it's behaving as expected.

Firstly, as you've pointed out, the track/console states in sync box is not ticked.  When you use a keyboard shortcut to bring up the Track Manager, it brings up the Track View's version of that dialog.  This is why it makes no difference to your console strips. If the sync box is not ticked, you need to select Track Manager from the Strips menu on the console to affect the console tracks.

Secondly, the visible tracks are stored per screenset.  So hiding tracks in screenset 1 will not hide them from screenset 2.

16 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Is that not your picture above showing a list starting with Bass >?

That's with the older/current version, not the new one.

48 minutes ago, greg54 said:

I tried it, Brian, but most of what was there in Insert was whited out.   I may download it all again and see if maybe it didn't install correctly the first time.

I'll admit it is a little odd with the inconsistancy in the menu - synth doesnt' have the arrow but rewire does.  Certainly try a re-install or wait for the final release for .04.

But I'm personally thrilled with the new menu look.  A vast improvement.  

• Like 2

PLEASE update the auto-save of this program. Instead of auto-saving into a series of auto-save files like Premier, Cakewalk Auto-saves OVER the previous auto-save file, and just rewrites and rewrites it over and over. What happens is if Cakewalk crashes WHILE the auto-save is re-writing, it can truncate the auto-save file, rendering it useless, and only giving you access to the last manually saved version of the file, not the last auto-save version, which is potentially devastating if its been a while since you last manually saved.  ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE??? 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 3