[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access 2

46 minutes ago, Moving Air Productions said:

Using the new update I'm discovering some glitches dragging audio clips to 0:00.

I'm helping someone edit a podcast. When we cut off the dead space at the beginning, everything's fine.  However, if I then take the file and drag it back to absolute zero (0:00:00), things go all kinds of crazy. I attached images so you can see what it's doing. It only happens with "Ripple All" engaged. 

In the images attached, the file is starting at around the six second mark. It's a 17 minute track and has two cuts in it  There is only one track. When I drag the first section to 0:00, it breaks like this. In fact, if I drag it to almost anywhere below the one second mark causes this to happen.

This did not happen prior to the 2021.4 update.

I'm pretty sure this is the same issue as reported here: 

The issue is doing a ripple edit delete at the beginning of the project (which is in effect what is happening when you drag a clip back to zero - it's doing a ripple edit delete on everything before the move). It is removing the tempo envelope and reverting to 8bpm.

We've fixed this for the next update.

8 hours ago, Rene van der Lende said:

Another thing I noticed in both the regular and the 'early access' version of Cakewalk:

In Track View with Clips Pane focussed [Ctrl-A]  (MS-Windows 'select all') will select all clips, but [Ctrl-D] (MS-Windows 'deselect') will not only deselect all current selections, but also appends a copy of the previously selected clips to their respective tracks,  makes those copies selected and positions the Time Ruler at the end of the farthest clip.

So [Ctrl-A] acts in accordance with MS-Windows specs, [Ctrl-D] does not. For a newbie (and long time MS-Windows user, 35years or so) this is very confusing, especially with hitting [Ctrl-D] a few times in succession.

Probably too late to change this behaviour with so many user being used to this, but [Ctrl-A][Ctrl-C] combined with [Ctrl-V] or [Ctrl-D] are so commonly used in MS-Windows (as are [Ctrl-Z] and [Ctrl-Y] ) that I'd give it a second thought....

Not sure where you get this from - Ctrl-D in Word, for example, selects the Font dialog!  In Excel, it does some funky duplication.  And in File Explorer, it does Delete,

So definitely not an MS-Windows standard by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PE Musik said:

Hello, Cakewalk Team

1: Thanks for updating this program. I've been a user since it's very first (pre-Sonar) incarnation. It's still my favorite.

2: Like many other users, I'm experiencing recorded MIDI notes are planting about a 32nd note ahead of where there are actually played on the timeline resulting in midi performances that are too early on the timeline. I know not everyone experiences this or, if they are, are just not sensitive to it. But, for enough people, it's there.

I've researched this and the one common theory is that this is a windows 10 issue that is impacting MIDI. Will there be a switch added to offset a problem like this?

Which other users? This is the first I’ve heard of this issue :)
Do you have delay compensated plugins in your project? Check if this happens in a MIDI only project with no audio tracks - just hardware MIDI.
If you are using a virtual instrument which one are you triggering?

14 hours ago, Rene van der Lende said:

Another thing I noticed in both the regular and the 'early access' version of Cakewalk:

In Track View with Clips Pane focussed [Ctrl-A]  (MS-Windows 'select all') will select all clips, but [Ctrl-D] (MS-Windows 'deselect') will not only deselect all current selections, but also appends a copy of the previously selected clips to their respective tracks,  makes those copies selected and positions the Time Ruler at the end of the farthest clip.

So [Ctrl-A] acts in accordance with MS-Windows specs, [Ctrl-D] does not. For a newbie (and long time MS-Windows user, 35years or so) this is very confusing, especially with hitting [Ctrl-D] a few times in succession.

Probably too late to change this behaviour with so many user being used to this, but [Ctrl-A][Ctrl-C] combined with [Ctrl-V] or [Ctrl-D] are so commonly used in MS-Windows (as are [Ctrl-Z] and [Ctrl-Y] ) that I'd give it a second thought....

According to this shortcut list CTRL-D is a context specific shortcut for delete likely in windows explorer. It has no bearing on what individual applications do with that key. Its certainly not universal in other apps.

15 hours ago, Jesse Jost said:

@James Argo can you sign in successfully regardless? Can you also provide your system specs? Thanks.

Yes, I can sign in and everything goes as expected once you log in.  The problem is the initial window size before you sign in is too large, you have no option to close or minimize it. You are forced to either log in or -if you want to close it- use Alt + F4  to close it. I run 3 different computers and 1 laptop with various specs, Win 7 and Win 10 they all show same result.

2 minutes ago, Gilles Murguet said:

Bonjour, la mise à jour s'est bien passée, mais je ne trouve pas le compresseur PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier dans le Pro-Channel...

Hello, the update went well, but I can't find the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier compressor in the Pro-Channel ...

Do a VST scan from within preferences - this should pick it up.

Staff view scrolling

The problem that appeared in the previous version is still present:
when using keyboard shortcuts (w or Shift-Ctrl/PgUp-Pgdn) to move the position in the Staff view , the display is not correctly updated

появилось ли решение для моей проблемы? (не открывался bandlab внутри cakewalk)

реализуют ли открытие аудиоклипа в отдельном окне по двойному нажатию? очень не удобно редактировать в крупных проектах

Edited by Alfred Vice

3 hours ago, Alfred Vice said:

появилось ли решение для моей проблемы? (не открывался bandlab внутри cakewalk)

реализуют ли открытие аудиоклипа в отдельном окне по двойному нажатию? очень не удобно редактировать в крупных проектах

Translate: 

is there a solution for my problem? (did not open bandlab inside cakewalk) Do you double-click to open the audio clip in a separate window? very inconvenient to edit in large projects

• Thanks 1