Favourite coffee?

I prefer really coffee tasting coffee.

When I made espresso a lot I used Lavazza. It was messing with me, so I went back to brewed coffee usually with a sugar free creamer that looks like milk but isn't.

I haven't been roasting my own coffee and eventually ended up making coffee I bought at Aldi. Generally a medium roast arabica. 

If you knew me, you would know that's stooping pretty low since not too long ago I roasted my own fresh Yirgacheff beans. Now I'm trash.

Edited by Tim Smith
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, craigb said:

I drink too much in the mornings and don't have a budget to waste on trendy stuff

I can solve both those problems for you.....

Try drinking a cup that unbeknown to you was made with water that passed through a really manky old floor cloth on it's way to the cup. Worked for me....now just the smell of it makes me feel like I'm about to see the last thing I ate again. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I don't like the same thing all the time. I usually get what's on sale, be it dark or flavored.

That said, the only way I can drink it now is when it's made in a percolator pot. Nice and strong. When its made that way I really cant tell much of a difference between brands, unless they are flavored.

This is a pic I grabbed off the net. It's not mine, but this is the exact one I have. It's an old Pyrex Percolator Pot. My sister collects them and gave me one.

Screenshot_20240411_073351_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Like 2

We like Jamaican Blue Mtn. coffee that we get from a local roaster (5lb bag) which lasts us a month. I stopped buying from the local stores as a lot of them get rancid and they're not fresh. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:36 AM, craigb said:

I drink too much in the mornings and don't have a budget to waste on trendy stuff.  This works for me!

KirklandSignature100_ColombianCoffee_Dar

That's actually decent coffee.

I have ground, whole bean, and K-Cups.

As for store brands Kroger is terrible. Safeway/Albertson's Signature Select is very good.

I drink coffee straight.

We have a store in my area where they sell expired items.  I've gotten Starbucks and Pete's whole bean for under $5.

My favorite coffee that is hard to get was Kenya AA.  With the price of food these days I don't do elite coffee.

I got myself addicted to coffee on purpose when I started college. I needed some kind of routine to help me get out of bed in the morning.

Well, it worked. I would drink two or tree pots a day, plus a couple of bottles of cola. 

Eventually I reached a point where I didn't enjoy the taste at all. 

I managed to switch to tea a few years ago. It works great for me.

With coffee, when I needed a little upper,  I'd get that initial jolt but I would crash shortly after. But if I went to bed I couldn't sleep for more than 2-3 hours. 

Tea has less of a kick but the energy is more even. To me anyway. Not the most exciting beverage, but I developed a taste for it. It's also less tempting to load it with sugar and all kinds of stuff. Another advantage is that it's a lot easier on my stomach. And lastly, it's a lot cheaper. 

That being said, the smell of coffee is like nothing else. Really makes me miss it, but I'm not sure I would actually enjoy it.  Part of me does wish, though.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.79d87ca7b7c3f3b5f6352d5ecec6ddb3.jpg

• Like 3

Lately, it's been Great Value (WalMart*) French Roast pods.
For the first time since I (debatably) became an adult, I don't even have a regular coffee maker.
I have a small camp percolator for power outages. I use that on my gas grill.

3 hours ago, Rain said:

I got myself addicted to coffee on purpose when I started college. I needed some kind of routine to help me get out of bed in the morning.

Well, it worked. I would drink two or tree pots a day, plus a couple of bottles of cola. 

Eventually I reached a point where I didn't enjoy the taste at all. 

I managed to switch to tea a few years ago. It works great for me.

With coffee, when I needed a little upper,  I'd get that initial jolt but I would crash shortly after. But if I went to bed I couldn't sleep for more than 2-3 hours. 

Tea has less of a kick but the energy is more even. To me anyway. Not the most exciting beverage, but I developed a taste for it. It's also less tempting to load it with sugar and all kinds of stuff. Another advantage is that it's a lot easier on my stomach. And lastly, it's a lot cheaper. 

That being said, the smell of coffee is like nothing else. Really makes me miss it, but I'm not sure I would actually enjoy it.  Part of me does wish, though.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.79d87ca7b7c3f3b5f6352d5ecec6ddb3.jpg

I still enjoy coffee, but no longer have any after noon.  Then I also switch to tea (I've got around 14 types to choose from! 😆).  One side-note, for any of you who have started including fasting into your life (which I had to a few years ago due to some health issues), The Earl Grey shown above is the one you want to be drinking while fasting.  It includes bergamot which helps a lot during a fast.  Oh,(another side-note!), if you get any "jolt" from drinking coffee, it actually means that you haven't been sleeping correctly!  Once that's corrected (I even have a course I can put online if anyone's interested), you can actually drink coffee and go right to sleep if you needed to (not recommended though since it can cause acid-reflux).

That said, I may have to check the rules to see if it's ok to be in the Coffee House wearing a tea-shirt... 🤔

😜

• Haha 2