Dron&on&on&on

Wookiee

Here is another little thing that dropped out of the paws. Starts a little like a drone and mutates into more Berlin school.

Hope you enjoy.

Toys used for Dron&on&on&on

Instruments
Cherry AUDIO

Voltage modular Custom Patch
CR-78

GForce
OB-X
VSM IV
Axxess
SEM

FX
Moog

Moogerfooger MF-103S, MF-108S, MF-105S, MF-104S

Boz Digitals +10dB Compressor

All other FX Stock Cakewalk or S-Plat Plugins

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, garybrun said:

It certainly is dronie (not sure if that's a word)
To be real honest I couldn't listen to it all the way through as all I could hear was the drone bit in my head inthe end.

No idea if dronie is a word. It is kind of the idea that the drone is mesmerising, try again, lights out, lay back just let it flow over you, it is better on monitors than headphones. 

Thanks for the ears and the music.

• Like 1

Well that was very interesting --- in a very positive way.  I did shut my eyes and let the music flow. The introductory droning was almost like a meditation mantra and for me was very relaxing.  I appreciate that there was a slow build up toward the "Berlin school"ending.  The build up allowed me to comfortably come back to reality.

You did indeed use some "real cool tones.

Well done and excellent job!

• Thanks 1

That drone is both distracting and mesmerising at the same time - I really like the synth work - has  a kind of Vangelis feel to it. I feel that if Einaudi wrote synth pop - this is the kind of music he would make. There are a lot of layers to this - and I'm not one who really appreciates electronic music - but this is very cool. 😎

Andy

• Thanks 1

Hi Wookie

Like this, very much up my street

Cool stuff my friend.

I notice you used a Moogerfooger MF-108S - I had a real problem with my Moogerfoogers after aa overdue  software update, but I have got them all working again except the MF-108S - have you had any issues with yours??

Cheers

Nigel

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 1:47 AM, freddy j said:

Well that was very interesting --- in a very positive way.  I did shut my eyes and let the music flow. The introductory droning was almost like a meditation mantra and for me was very relaxing.  I appreciate that there was a slow build up toward the "Berlin school"ending.  The build up allowed me to comfortably come back to reality.

You did indeed use some "real cool tones.

Well done and excellent job!

Thank you Freddy I appreciate your kind words, it could have gone on & on & on that drone was quite seductive.

Hey Wookie , I Really like the Blade Runner feel I get in several parts of this. Very cool !  A Very nice production and I'll bet you had a good time doing it. Very impressive.                  Loved it ..

mark

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 6:26 PM, Rikfr said:

Hi Wookiee, I like it from the one minute mark onwards, the first minute sounds exactly like my lungs, wheezing and groaning 😉

Rik

Nice to know mine aren't the only ones wheezing and groaning.  The first minute establishes the drone, which is constant throughout, does dissappear into the mix. Thanks for the ears and k8nd words.

• Like 1