The future of Creative Sauce.

I've learned so much from Mike's Creative Sauce Youtube Cakewalk channel.  And I've wondered where he would take his channel in the future.

Link to his new Cakewalk Revealed youtube channel, focused entirely on Cakewalk, Next, Sonar.  To support Mike's Cakewalk,Next and Sonar future episodes please visit and Subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/@CakewalkRevealed

Link to his explanation of his future plans.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I like Mike, but, really, clickbait aside this could have been a completely positive announcement of a new Youtube channel.

I understand, and despise, the pretzels that  content creators have to contort themselves into, in order to stay relevant to the algorithm.

Subscribed.

• Like 3

He was dissing Cakewalk last spring after the announcement and started luring people to Studio One. I thought of him as a trader after that. But after all,  being a you tuber is a business for guys like Mike. 

• Like 3

Mmm - to be fair he was comparing the strengths and weaknesses of each DAW and on balance he did consider Studio 1 to have a slightly better workflow overall. However IMO he has never 'lured' anyone away and in fact his Cakewalk  group on Facebook is ever growing (full disclosure I'm a mod there).

In the video he has been quite upfront about his reasoning, including the commercial aspect, and I, along with many others - judging by the 1.6k subscribers who have signed up (in a day) am glad that he will continue to provide new videos related to Cakewalk / Sonar.   

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Like 8

@JoeGBradford  @John Vere I remember that vidio Very well , but at the time ..  Mike seemed so bummed out (and bummed me out) by the future of Cakewalk, that he actually did get Very close to luring, and in my opinion he took it real personal. 

I think he was upset that Cakewalk wasn't making major changes to the workflow putting it in real contention with Studio 1.  I think he's over it now and he realized he shouldn't abandon his followers.  

I'm glad he's back , whatever the motives ..   mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 4

Yep, i´m supporting him. Mike was my primary tutorial source during the Cakewalk by Bandlab days. And come on guys, do not act, like we are in war against other DAW´s, that´s not fair. Just be glad, that you have many good ways to create your music 😀.

• Like 3

Agree with many comments, I've always been a huge fan of Mike's work and his videos have quite literally transformed my understanding and ability in using Cakewalk, and DAWs in general.

Also subscribed, and the fact he is sticking with Sonar makes it more likely that I will do the same.

Andy

• Like 3

Not a bad idea for him to get "first to market" with the new channel for the new software. That does make this video here more like a promotion that could have been a reel or short. Still, I look forward to watching. I had drifted from him when the channel was going in different directions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herky Acuff said:

Not a bad idea for him to get "first to market" with the new channel for the new software

I actually started a new Playlist  For both Sonar and Next a while ago but had to take down the videos as requested because they didn’t want anything happening outside the beta testing. 
I put this first one out a few day ago just to show people how to get it. There’s actually nothing much else to say because nothing really changed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

I actually started a new Playlist  For both Sonar and Next a while ago but had to take down the videos as requested because they didn’t want anything happening outside the beta testing. 
I put this first one out a few day ago just to show people how to get it. There’s actually nothing much else to say because nothing really changed. 

Great video John ! If only Cakewalk could produce some helpful migration videos like yours ! But, alas, why would they, when they've got you to do it for them free of charge. I'm old enough to remember the days of Brandon and Seth doing the video introductions . . . hopefully, when they officially release it, there will be something video ? Just putting in a good word for you, because I really appreciate what you do on this forum sir !!

• Like 3

I like Mike but it all seems a bit odd to me....

Mike built is company "Creative Source"  from majority of Cakewalk followers  that turbo charge his channel for "Creative Source" to dump  Cakewalk he built a company from, every post was mainly cakewalk.  Yes he created a new YouTube channel just for Cakewalk and entitled to change his mind and do whatever is right for him. Maybe Cakewalk should have missed a trick to haev a ambassador etc.  

Its like building a business for BMW  customers, then  sending them to a new BMW business whilst the old business changes to Audi, just all a bit bizarre but hes been honest about it, wish him well

• Like 1

I agree with Larry. I think Steve's original post was rightly intended as a recommendation for what is, in my opinion, an excellent, really useful resource for Cakewalk users. I don't quite understand why others need to be troubled by his recommending one, two or even a dozen different DAWs. Like many on YouTube, he's making an honest living with these videos, but unlike much of the available YT stuff, his lessons are well structured, clear and informative...and above all, it's FREE to us. At the end of the day there's room for Mike, John and anyone else who wants to post lessons. If you don't like it, vote with your feet. (... or should that be your mouse...😀)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, whoisp said:

Mike built is company "Creative Source"  from majority of Cakewalk followers  that turbo charge his channel for "Creative Source" to dump  Cakewalk he built a company from, every post was mainly cakewalk.  Yes he created a new YouTube channel just for Cakewalk and entitled to change his mind and do whatever is right for him. Maybe Cakewalk should have missed a trick to haev a ambassador etc.

He pretty much explained why. Anyone trying to earn a living from Youtube needs to game the algorithm. It isn't about what makes sense to YOU, it's about what delivers browsers to his channels. Full stop.

It's a sick, sick industry and it is not just Youtube. It is absolutely ANY business that relies on online ad revenue instead of, oh, actual people buying something.
Look up 'enshitification' if you're curious, it contributes to that.

Then you get folks here complaining about "subscriptions" when it is about the only thing that cuts the adware companies out of the equation of customer->creator.

EDIT: Sorry @whoisp, this rant is not really directed at you

Edited by Colin Nicholls
  • Like 2