Eventide Important Updates

cclarry

We've released maintenance updates for all Eventide plug-ins, packed with bug fixes and improvements. Check the release notes on each plug-in's downloads page for a complete list of updates. Don't miss out – update now for the best experience.

To update, simply click below to log in and download the latest installer for each of your plug-ins.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

First time I’ve ever gotten a email from these guys. In the past always found out first from this Forum.👍 Unfortunately, I can’t log in. I suspect their site is slammed from all their customers getting actual notice of updates , for the first time😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LAGinz said:

First time I’ve ever gotten a email from these guys. In the past always found out first from this Forum.👍 Unfortunately, I can’t log in. I suspect their site is slammed from all their customers getting actual notice of updates , for the first time😂

Me too.   I go out and check once a month or so, so it was really nice to actually get an email.

• Like 1

You definitely need to run the VST plugin scanner after updating. 
Eventide rebuilt their installers so now all the VST3 are located in *.VST3 subfolders (E.G. SplitEQ is now in subfolder SplitEQ.vst3). As long as you run the scanner it shouldn't affect anything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

You definitely need to run the VST plugin scanner after updating. 
Eventide rebuilt their installers so now all the VST3 are located in *.VST3 subfolders (E.G. SplitEQ is now in subfolder SplitEQ.vst3). As long as you run the scanner it shouldn't affect anything.

In some daws it does, but not in CbB/Sonar! But you can also move the VST3s out of the subfolders if you want, it shouldn't destroy anything.

8 hours ago, CSistine said:

In some daws it does, but not in CbB/Sonar! But you can also move the VST3s out of the subfolders if you want, it shouldn't destroy anything.

I do the exact opposite.  I create subfolders for each developer to keep things organized.  Hasn't caused any problems in S1.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

I do the exact opposite.  I create subfolders for each developer to keep things organized.  Hasn't caused any problems in S1.

I use to do that but  plugin hoarding made too much work for that.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi crew, my update rendered an error message failed to load (80004002), I tried a couple of things from the forum. Didn't work . the update should be seamless , but it is messing with cakewalk.  I did run into this problem a few years ago but I don't remember how I fixed it . The eventide plugins  were fine until the update and windows... any ideas? Windows 11, brand new smoking hot Dell computer, 4TB hard drive as a main,32 g ram, don't need to list it all been  with cake for 20 years any of you who reply be kind!😄 To many reply's I have seen called  for  anger from members.    

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Madness said:

Hi crew, my update rendered an error message failed to load (80004002), I tried a couple of things from the forum. Didn't work . the update should be seamless , but it is messing with cakewalk.  I did run into this problem a few years ago but I don't remember how I fixed it . The eventide plugins  were fine until the update and windows... any ideas? Windows 11, brand new smoking hot Dell computer, 4TB hard drive as a main,32 g ram, don't need to list it all been  with cake for 20 years any of you who reply be kind!😄 To many reply's I have seen called  for  anger from members.    

I had the same problem. I sent eventide an email a couple of days ago. I thought they would have answered by now. 
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Found it!! ANSWERED The VSTs have too many folders deep. Move them up to the main plug-in named folder like - put spliteq in the spliteq folder.  Be sure to rescan the plug-ins. 

Edited by Max Arwood
Found the answer

Anyone else have a problem running the Recirculate-1.0.2- installer? My computer is blocking it without an option to proceed.  I've tried both double-clicking and "Run as administrator" without success. Everything else Eventide installs fine.

Recirculate.png.e53d9fbda6a225b899f179db28d57639.png

22 hours ago, Madness said:

The eventide plugins  were fine until the update and windows... any ideas?    

The problem is that Cakewalk's VST scanner doesn't detect that anything has changed with this update because the new folder name is same as the plugin name so it doesn't update the registry listings.  When Cakewalk later goes to access the plugin it hits the folder not the plugin and it fails to load. 

You can either:

1. delete the registry listings for the Eventide plugins then rescan 
  2. in VST Settings - do full reset & rescan 
  3. you can move the plugins out of the subfolders

Comments:

1. you need to know how to edit the registry and where to find Cakewalks plugin listings.
    In case you are IT literate, but haven't done this before, they are kept under:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory
    Just to reiterate: IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO EDIT THE WINDOWS REGISTRY - THIS IS NOT YOUR SOLUTION.

2. painful and time consuming if you have a lot of plugins.
    Under top menu - Edit/Preferences/File section - VST Settings click on Reset button

3. only a temp fix -  next time you install an Eventide update you'll have to do it again.

Edit:
Another possible alternative is to temporarily move the Eventide VST3 plugins out of the 
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
folder then run the Cakewalk VST scanner,  then move them back and rescan again.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

The problem is that Cakewalk's VST scanner doesn't detect that anything has changed with this update because the new folder name is same as the plugin name so it doesn't update the registry listings.  When Cakewalk later goes to access the plugin it hits the folder not the plugin and it fails to load. 

This is a timely post.  When I tried to insert a TONEX plugin, CbB displayed the  "... plug-in failed to load (80004002)..." error.  The path for TONEX is:  
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\TONEX.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\TONEX.vst3 
"TONEX.vst3" is the DLL name and is part of the file path too.   

I used the registry trick to clear things out. Then did a VST rescan, and it fixed the problem. 

I updated my Eventide H9 plugin bundle.  Of course, it has the same error others have encountered.  I'll try your temporary move suggestion to fix this these plugins.

Hopefully  the Cakewalk Bakers are aware of this issue.

Thanks for the tip!     

• Like 1

Thanks to TheSteven , you were spot on. Ran the VST  reset and rescan and  it is all good! I'll take the little bit of pain from over 1100 plugins to have an easy fix any day. Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

BTW I did open a bug report with Cakewalk over this issue and they said they are looking into it.

Root of issue is change in VST3 spec.
Spec NOW specifies the usage of the “MyPlugin.vst3” folder as ‘a bundlelike package’ containing the plugin and all additional resource files useful for the plug-in.
In previous SDKs, the VST 3 plug-in was defined as a single dll file with the .vst3 extension. This has been deprecated since VST 3.6.10.
You can move the whole MyPlugin.VST3 folder, for example into subfolder for organization, but extracting the plugin might cause issues.
In some cases (like with United Audio VST3s) moving the embedded plugin out of its .vst3 folder will break it (UA plugins loose their skins).

Currently the VST scanner doesn’t account for VST3 plugins transitioning from the pre VST 3.6.10 spec to the current.

Edited by TheSteven
typo fix/clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Steinberg reminds me more and more of Apple that break a lot of old stuff gaining no real improvement! 😆 

For the users and the music world Vst3 brought a lot of traps and caused immense effort until now!

On 3/21/2024 at 11:14 AM, Fwrend said:

Anyone else have a problem running the Recirculate-1.0.2- installer? My computer is blocking it without an option to proceed.  I've tried both double-clicking and "Run as administrator" without success. Everything else Eventide installs fine.

Recirculate.png.e53d9fbda6a225b899f179db28d57639.png

I just got the same warning message (Windows 10).

FYI, I noticed that Recirculate is the only Eventide/Newfangled Audio plugin (that I own) that's not listed in the Control Panel's Programs and Features.  I searched for it by name and under Eventide and Newfangled Audio, but couldn't find it.  Not sure if this is relevant info.

53 minutes ago, locrian said:

I just got the same warning message (Windows 10).

FYI, I noticed that Recirculate is the only Eventide/Newfangled Audio plugin (that I own) that's not listed in the Control Panel's Programs and Features.  I searched for it by name and under Eventide and Newfangled Audio, but couldn't find it.  Not sure if this is relevant info.

Actually, support answered back yesterday and gave me a link to another version which worked without issue.

• Like 1