Native Acces updated to 3.9.0

asprog

3.9.0 - 2024-03-06

ADDED / IMPROVED

Made the NTK Daemon backwards compatible

Improved the way Native Access determines products as a subscription vs. perpetual

Added the ability to directly open standalone Applications from Native Access

Added EULA consent to the start of Native Access

Several accessibility improvements to the navigation to and navigation of the download manager area

Consolidated Splash Screen into one window

Several infrastructure improvements

Added My Account section in the preferences

Moved Manage Subscription and Logout button to the My Account section

Added indicators to products owned through subscription services for extra clarity

FIXED

Made adjustments to our activation diagnostics

Addressed an issue where corrupted installers were being downloaded

Addressed several accessibility bugs where content was not properly being read out

Library tab now hides products that are part of a cancelled subscription

KNOWN ISSUES

When Legacy Toggle is on, could show an empty product entry. This entry is not replacing an existing product.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, asprog said:

Improved the way Native Access determines products as a subscription vs. perpetual

Finally. Subscription products you don't have anymore aren't listed in the Library.

9 minutes ago, Greg said:

Still is painfully slow to launch.  Not sure why it takes 3-4 minutes to launch. 

7.5 seconds from shortcut click to product list appearing here (PC config as per sig). 

NA 3.90

5 hours ago, asprog said:

3.9.0 - 2024-03-06

ADDED / IMPROVED

Made the NTK Daemon backwards compatible

Added the ability to directly open standalone Applications from Native Access

Added EULA consent to the start of Native Access

Several accessibility improvements to the navigation to and navigation of the download manager area

Consolidated Splash Screen into one window

Several infrastructure improvements

Added My Account section in the preferences

Moved Manage Subscription and Logout button to the My Account section

Added indicators to products owned through subscription services for extra clarity

FIXED

Made adjustments to our activation diagnostics

Addressed an issue where corrupted installers were being downloaded

Addressed several accessibility bugs where content was not properly being read out

Library tab now hides products that are part of a cancelled subscription

KNOWN ISSUES

When Legacy Toggle is on, could show an empty product entry. This entry is not replacing an existing product.

I wouldn't put money on it.

I'm getting this issue after the update. Got five nothing-burger instruments at the top of the list. Nice.

nativeblank.GIF

Three dots only has 'release notes' in it and clicking that brings up nothing ("No release notes available for this product.")

Edited by Kirean

9 hours ago, Kirean said:

I'm getting this issue after the update. Got five nothing-burger instruments at the top of the list. Nice.

nativeblank.GIF

Three dots only has 'release notes' in it and clicking that brings up nothing ("No release notes available for this product.")

I got a mystery product, too.

image.png.7440db94541b25f3ba37d1ca332358f3.png

Quite an update!

Just now, kitekrazy said:

The problem is if you open Asshat it will update without leaving you the choice,  Worse than a virus.

Thanks for that advice.  I won’t need to open it for awhile, and hopefully in the mean time this gets fixed. 

7 minutes ago, fret_man said:

I updated with no problems found so far.

Seeing this topic and the complaints, I opened Network Access and let it update.  Afterwards I did the two updates that were available.  The updates, including for Kontakt 7, worked fine.  My list of 171 items (?!) comes up near-instantly.  There were no difficulties on my pretty standard Windows 10 desktop system. 

Scrolling through the EULA, it was fascinating to see all of the 3rd party license notifications.

So my own anecdotal experience is of a mature, stable product.  Much different than the Cakewalk Product Center which doesn't seem to do much so far and appears in my SPLAT (2017.10) and CbB (2024.02) as a plug-in under Instruments/Synth [;<: ).

We don't tolerate the language used in your original post.

Post that triggered the warning:> My kindness has exhausted. I have 3 machines and have yet to have 3 of 3 installs go flawless. My only fix has been to remove it and use the legacy installer and then download the newest and sometimes that works. Wasn't the update suppose to fix that problem. Once again I suggest being able to download updates without this app. Most developers allow this. Popularity is dwindling. [Headline edited by Moderator. Watch your language !]

Permission Problem

You are banned.

I just need a far more higher level of tolerance for incompetence.

The only issue with Asshat is installation.

Edited by kitekrazy