Sonar pop up screen

Opened CbB on my "offline" pc this morning.   I was greeted with a screen about the new Sonar and a link to learn more about it. 

At least I'm seeing some movement ..  I guess it will be popping up from now on .     ??                 ms

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Opened CbB on my "offline" pc this morning.   I was greeted with a screen about the new Sonar and a link to learn more about it. 

At least I'm seeing some movement ..  I guess it will be popping up from now on .     ??                 ms

Same, been waiting to see how many people this hit this morning.

• Like 1

I've not seen the pop-up myself yet, but had a look at the Sonar pages to see if there were any updates. I noticed the suggested specs have been posted. What's not clear is if 8 cores means physical cores or logical cores, as if it's 8 physical cores, then I guess a new PC is on the cards...

• mark skinner changed the title to Sonar pop up screen
12 hours ago, GaryW said:

I've not seen the pop-up myself yet, but had a look at the Sonar pages to see if there were any updates. I noticed the suggested specs have been posted. What's not clear is if 8 cores means physical cores or logical cores, as if it's 8 physical cores, then I guess a new PC is on the cards...

I asked the Bakers about that a while back.  Their answer was that 4 physical cores should be enough for the Core Cakewalk program.

They mention 8 cores on the specifications to cater for any possible third party plugins that the Bakers may wish to include in the final release of the new sonar.

Of course, we do not know which, if any, third party plugins will be included.

I've been away overseas for three weeks, started up my music PC for the first time today and got the pop-up, but now Cakewalk won't open any of my projects and even if I just start it up and do nothing it freezes. I've tried reinstalling it, but it's totally borked - I can't do anything. This is incredibly distressing - does anyone have any advice?

2 minutes ago, Steve Collins said:

I've been away overseas for three weeks, started up my music PC for the first time today and got the pop-up, but now Cakewalk won't open any of my projects and even if I just start it up and do nothing it freezes. I've tried reinstalling it, but it's totally borked - I can't do anything. This is incredibly distressing - does anyone have any advice?

Does this pop up screen not have a countdown?  And when the countdown reaches zero you can click through?

Are you off line?  If so, and if you can, go online and the countdown should not appear.

I’ve tried it offline, seen the pop-up, waited for the countdown and closed it. I’ve also tried it online and not seen the pop-up. The problem is once CW starts I can see the cursor switching from the arrow to a circle and back, like it’s constantly thinking about something. I can’t use the software at all. Everything else on my system is fine. 

56 minutes ago, Steve Collins said:

I’ve tried it offline, seen the pop-up, waited for the countdown and closed it. I’ve also tried it online and not seen the pop-up. The problem is once CW starts I can see the cursor switching from the arrow to a circle and back, like it’s constantly thinking about something. I can’t use the software at all. Everything else on my system is fine. 

That sounds like something else is going on.

You have been away for a few weeks.  Windows updates would have happened in that time.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling (and updating if necessary) the drivers your audio interface?.

On 2/1/2024 at 11:48 PM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

This "splash screen" will ONLY pop up if you open CbB whilst being offline. If you go online first you'll never see it.

That's rediculous!  It's fine when I am home working on projects and am online however, when my band is performing live my Surface tablet is NOT online not to mention many of the outside venues we play there is no internet...

What a stupid suggestion or requirement...

On 2/2/2024 at 4:44 PM, Steve Collins said:

I agree....same thing is happening to me

19 minutes ago, tdehan said:

That's rediculous!  It's fine when I am home working on projects and am online however, when my band is performing live my Surface tablet is NOT online not to mention many of the outside venues we play there is no internet...

What a stupid suggestion or requirement...

Don't shoot the messenger 😁