The Trouble with Our World – banned by YouTube

Bajan Blue

Today we have launched the third track off our new Kiss of Storms album.

It’s called The Trouble with Our World.

Initially when we posted this up on YouTube, they blocked it – apparently inappropriate content!!

So we had to appeal this and eventually they posted it – honestly YouTube is getting ridiculous!

Hope you enjoy it.

You can see the lyrics here

https://devinelie.com/kiss-of-storms/the-trouble-with-our-world/

And the whole album is available on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/27iKYYjlWOT2Ku0ltzSEKB

We’ve updated our website as well – we’ve got our own store now where you can get music and merchandise!!

https://devinelie.com

• Like 9

Nigel
I don't see why the video would be banned on YT. Probably was decided by some robotic filter of theirs.  Anyway, just another well polished and produced video from Divine Lie. Very well done!  

Sad to say I thought those were clips of Portland, Oregon from a couple of years ago.
-Bjorn

Did they ever attempt anything that resembled an explanation of what they considered inappropriate content?  Did they think you were advocating violence against the police?  I can easily see an algorithm that had certain images being flagged by fake intelligence.

Edited by User 905133
edited

On 12/18/2023 at 9:43 PM, KSband said:

It's probably AI that's deciding to ban your videos. Another great song that's recorded mixed very well.

Hi KS

Yes I'm sure it is something like that - but the appeal procedure takes a while and is a real PITA!

Thanks for the very kind comments, really appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 6:20 AM, Supa Reels said:

This is one of my favorites .. a real message here with a smooth mix . great stuff 👍 ( PS it's a great track full blast while driving 😎)

Stay well Nigel&Crew

Steve

Hi Steve

Great to hear from you and hope you keeping well

Really pleased you liked this one - your support is always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 12/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, mark skinner said:

Great Exciting mix and video. I loved the vocal harmonys in this one. You keep raising the bar with these polished performances.    Inspiring ..  mark

Hi Mark

Thanks  so much for those very kind comments - much appreciated

Nigel

• Like 1

You put together some really fine work. Music. Video. Message. All top shelf.  Yeah. The YT conundrum. I have mixed feelings. Free speech  is paramount, but so too private property. I don't need the hassle, so I don't post my private property on their private property. Problem solved for me. The world is a complicated place, and it becomes even more complicated when emotions are high. But history has show us that in order to defeat a monster one has to become a bigger monster. Hence the monster is never really defeated. It just passes the baton to the next runner up in humanities relay race to hell.  Seems almost like a cosmic game of whack a mole. The gods are laughing at us all, brother.  I don't have any answers that are appealing other than try not to get run over by it all.

Best wishes Nigel. Peace!