The Trouble with Our World – banned by YouTube

Bajan Blue

On 12/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, bjornpdx said:

Nigel
I don't see why the video would be banned on YT. Probably was decided by some robotic filter of theirs.  Anyway, just another well polished and produced video from Divine Lie. Very well done!  

Sad to say I thought those were clips of Portland, Oregon from a couple of years ago.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn

Yes I am sure it was some AI bot or something like that - BUT these Bots must be given parameters by someone human, one would think - here is the problem I believe.

I preloaded a few of the videos  we had finished and another one of them got blocked as well - for a Copyright Claim by a Music Label !!! pretty rich since I wrote the song, played all the music and Grant sung the vocals - no major music labels involved!!!

Hope you had a good Christmas and are keeping well

Nigel

On 12/19/2023 at 7:52 PM, User 905133 said:

Did they ever attempt anything that resembled an explanation of what they considered inappropriate content?  Did they think you were advocating violence against the police?  I can easily see an algorithm that had certain images being flagged by fake intelligence.

Hi - no, never an explanation

They block it, it stays blocked until you appeal, then perhaps they unblock it

all very off hand

Thanks for commenting

Nigel

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 11:13 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Today we have launched the third track off our new Kiss of Storms album.

It’s called The Trouble with Our World.

Initially when we posted this up on YouTube, they blocked it – apparently inappropriate content!!

So we had to appeal this and eventually they posted it – honestly YouTube is getting ridiculous!

Hope you enjoy it.

You can see the lyrics here

https://devinelie.com/kiss-of-storms/the-trouble-with-our-world/

And the whole album is available on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/27iKYYjlWOT2Ku0ltzSEKB

We’ve updated our website as well – we’ve got our own store now where you can get music and merchandise!!

https://devinelie.com

Outstanding work Nigel! Great composition, performance, and production, thought provoking message and video also!

On 12/19/2023 at 10:32 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Great song, Nigel and and a great mix and video as always. Really like the way the progression evolves. Don't get me started on youtube.

Hi Kevin

Many thanks for watching and the great comments

Always appreciated

Keep well

Nigel

On 12/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, treesha said:

Yes I did enjoy it, very rich. I liked that you slowed/quieted down at times for the contrast. Thanks for the lyrics I think I heard some not on the post ? Very well done, good luck with all your endeavors!

Hi Treesha

Thanks so much for taking the time to watch the song and then make such great comments

Always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

Nigel . . . such a great and inspiring production. The vocals really stand out for me in this one, and I really appreciate that catchy chorus, especially the way you panned the many harmony vocals there to get that very big wide sound . . . it's a very well controlled mix with so much going on, "controlled" in that everything remains quite clear and separately defined . . . video is also excellent in the way it supports (and enhances) the song idea, well done ! (well done ! well done ! well done !)

I'm just adding to the echo of well done's in this thread 

Bruce

On 12/21/2023 at 12:41 PM, daryl1968 said:

Great production Nigel. 

Video is nice too. 

Hi Daryl

thanks so much for the kind comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 12/22/2023 at 12:37 PM, Ricebug said:

I tried uploading a song I had written and performed and YT banned it for copyright violations! This was way before AI got inside the door.

Hi

I've had that on more than one occasion - you have to appeal, then normally it gets sorted eventually

Cheers

Nigel

On 12/23/2023 at 5:20 PM, Ron_Pko said:

Beautiful mix and very important message, Nigel!
Well done!

Hi Ron

Thanks so much - always appreciate your comments

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

Yes top quality production and mix, great performances (vocal and instrumental), catchy melodic elements. Along with Midnight Oil, reminds me a bit of Duran Duran. I hope that is a compliment.

On 12/23/2023 at 7:15 PM, FreeEarCandy said:

You put together some really fine work. Music. Video. Message. All top shelf.  Yeah. The YT conundrum. I have mixed feelings. Free speech  is paramount, but so too private property. I don't need the hassle, so I don't post my private property on their private property. Problem solved for me. The world is a complicated place, and it becomes even more complicated when emotions are high. But history has show us that in order to defeat a monster one has to become a bigger monster. Hence the monster is never really defeated. It just passes the baton to the next runner up in humanities relay race to hell.  Seems almost like a cosmic game of whack a mole. The gods are laughing at us all, brother.  I don't have any answers that are appealing other than try not to get run over by it all.

Best wishes Nigel. Peace!

Hi

Thanks for the very kind comments - really appreciated - yes, things like YouTube and Spotify are a conundrum -the best way apart from playing live to promote your music is probably on their platforms, but they really are pretty despicable - Spotify - last time I checked we get $0.0004 cent per stream......sad or what

Anyway keep well

Nigel

On 12/24/2023 at 7:28 AM, AndyB01 said:

Late to this one - great job as always Nigel - best for the season and 2024. 

Andy

Hi Andy

Best to you as well my friend

Have a great New Year

Nigel

On 12/27/2023 at 4:48 PM, Rikkie said:

Hi Nigel, I told you this is a hit 😉

Rik

Hi Rikkie

That you did my friend😎

Hope you OK

Cheers

Nigel

On 12/29/2023 at 10:02 AM, Ross Smithe said:

Outstanding work Nigel! Great composition, performance, and production, thought provoking message and video also!

Hi Ross

Thanks so much for the very kind comments - much appreciated as always

Cheers

Nigel

On 12/30/2023 at 8:37 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice, provocative commentary :)  

Hi Wookie

Thanks - hope you are all good and had a good Christmas

Cheers

Nigel

On 1/3/2024 at 2:00 AM, noynekker said:

Nigel . . . such a great and inspiring production. The vocals really stand out for me in this one, and I really appreciate that catchy chorus, especially the way you panned the many harmony vocals there to get that very big wide sound . . . it's a very well controlled mix with so much going on, "controlled" in that everything remains quite clear and separately defined . . . video is also excellent in the way it supports (and enhances) the song idea, well done ! (well done ! well done ! well done !)

I'm just adding to the echo of well done's in this thread 

Bruce

Hi Bruce

Thanks so much, really appreciate those very kind comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 1/4/2024 at 12:46 PM, bmarlowe said:

Yes top quality production and mix, great performances (vocal and instrumental), catchy melodic elements. Along with Midnight Oil, reminds me a bit of Duran Duran. I hope that is a compliment.

Hi - no problem with Duran Duran - I always liked them!!!

Thanks for the comments - really appreciated

Nigel