Arturia V Collection X has been released

jim137

Guyz , we all know it s like that with arturia 

relase : 199

fiest sale : new plugin + collection : 149 

and then final sales : 99 

patience is key , i biugth v collection 9 one week ago , asked for a grace period , doubt i will have ...and i really don t care ...i will libe without new stuff easy , nothing exiting exept minfreak that i can get alone if really needed ...

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

Arturia makes some really good VI and FX plugins, but I will never buy another one. Why? The painfully slow download and installation process. I started running the update to Analog Lab Pro 5, then ran the IKM, NI, Softube, Toontrack, UVI and XLN product managers, and downloaded and installed all of the available updates. ASC is still installing AL5. Pathetic.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Maar said:

ASC is still installing AL5. Pathetic.

Happens with me too , it takes time to install the presets and sound pack and map it to the Virtual instruments , but once installed it's worth the 50k presets haha

• Like 2

I notice that they made the bonus soundpacks available for Analog Lab users.

All three of these are made with MiniFreak.  The fist one is Euphoric Grooves.  This is a pack for EDM sounds and it sounds fairly generic with the most simplistic programming of the three.  The second, Deserted Lands, advertises itself for dark soundscapes but could work for a moody pop or rock tune.  The third is called Synthetic Trap, but could be useful for a variety of styles.

While there are some useful sounds there, none of the three packs is going to get me gassing for MiniFreak.  There isn't a sound here that sounds like I couldn't have gotten it with one of the other synths I already have.

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

I notice that they made the bonus soundpacks available for Analog Lab users.

All three of these are made with MiniFreak.  The fist one is Euphoric Grooves.  This is a pack for EDM sounds and it sounds fairly generic with the most simplistic programming of the three.  The second, Deserted Lands, advertises itself for dark soundscapes but could work for a moody pop or rock tune.  The third is called Synthetic Trap, but could be useful for a variety of styles.

While there are some useful sounds there, none of the three packs is going to get me gassing for MiniFreak.  There isn't a sound here that sounds like I couldn't have gotten it with one of the other synths I already have.

I saw the freebies yesterday and wasn't sure if they only worked in VX,** so I didn't download them.  Thanks for these details and the review.

**To clarify, the __Sounds page says image.png.f6c710a9e49136970a60287da6387925.png with no clue they work with Analog Lab V.

Nice to see that  from inside Analog Lab V they can be used.

Edited by User 905133
clarification
  • Like 1

An easy pass for me. I have Collection V9 and Minifreak V but my upgrade is $149. Not interested in the new versions, the augmented stuff and specially not interested at all in the 303 sh*t.

Edith: oh... and my upgrade to the Mini V4 is $49, the same price I'll pay for the new Moog Mariana.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sergio said:

An easy pass for me. I have Collection V9 and Minifreak V but my upgrade is $149. Not interested in the new versions, the augmented stuff and specially not interested at all in the 303 sh*t.

Buy it and sell me minfreak for 49 ...you ll get your upgrade lol 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Here's the FAQ regarding X pricing which they apparently added for me (that's what they said in their email anyway)

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/11781722878236-V-Collection-X-launch-offer

i think in the case of Arturia. They are changing with the times.

The problem with this is you are comparing Arturia to historically what Arturia  have done in the past. You are not comparing Arturia  collection to what other companies  in the same market space are doing and how they are pricing their product(s) collections. In my case its a $299 upgrade offer. So I need to be looking at what other companies like NI, Softube, e.t.c.  are offering in the $299 range. And don't forget, that V Collections bundle has now gotten quite big, and they have re-done many of their most popular synths.

Edited by telecode 101

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

Here's the FAQ regarding X pricing which they apparently added for me (that's what they said in their email anyway)

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/11781722878236-V-Collection-X-launch-offer

Thanks for that link.  I won't take any credit since they added it for you, but several months ago in response to an arturia survey, (under additional comments, IIRC) I specifically asked for more transparency on their special pricing policy because people get different amounts and have to share information to try to figure out the pricing rules.  I probably did not mention this forum, but I think I did refer to "various forums" or something close.

So, thanks for writing to them and getting them to do this!!! 

JMO: Transparency like this is a win for consumers.

Edited by User 905133
moved a coma

UPDATE: It might have been 5-6 weeks ago in response to their "Unlock the Prize: Take Our Survey for a Chance to Win Big!" Survey.  BTW, I didn't win a prize, but if my suggestion was in the back of their minds when they created that page in response to your e-mail, that's a win for all of us! 

Consumers of the world, UNITE!!!!