By the way, just to make sure I'm not doing it the unnecessarily hard way, can someone verify that this is the way it should be done?
1) Download, install, and authorize the separate VST instruments.
2) Download the associated sound packs one by one as zip files from the website for each product. You can at least control + click to select a few at a time. I'm downloading them to my backup drive for archiving.
3) Unzip each of those zip files somewhere. In my case, to the desktop.
4) Run the installer for each of those unzipped archives. Then delete the unzipped folder from the desktop.
5) Run the appropriate product to update the database.
This takes literally days. If I'm not doing it this stupidly long way, then it's really ridiculous that they haven't written some sort of tool to assist with this in some way. The downloading one-by-one I can live with, but there should be a way to point the programs to a directory and tell them to install everything!