Arturia best time to upgrade ?

Zo

Hi guyz , i was wondering the best time to upgrade its v collection , price now is great (99 $)  but i was wondering if V colection 10 is around the corner and when the drop it , is it 99 upgrade also ? (if so i will wait) 

I think last time they offered V 9 + minifreak (witch i so wich i grabbed , i thougth they would do it again but then they offered the acid crap )

Yep Vc10 is around the corner, if the update is now 99$ you can count with 199$ when Vc10 is out.

The good news is that you can wait a few months then.. and will be greated with that 99$ again 

have to say that i am a big fan of this type of upgrade path… like NI, Izotope and others

• Like 3

My suggestion for Arturia bundle upgrades (and other upgrades, e.g., WUP for Mercury):

1. Make list of what has been added compared to what you have
  2. Assign a "no brainer" price to each addition (e.g., "yes, I'd definitely buy it for $25", "I'm not terribly interested but, if it were on sale for $10...". If it's something I'd really get only if it were a freebie, then assign zero)
  3. Add them up and compare to the price of the upgrade.
  4. If the price is good then buy, otherwise wait for the next version or the next sale and do the numbers again.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Hi guyz , i was wondering the best time to upgrade its v collection , price now is great (99 $)  but i was wondering if V colection 10 is around the corner and when the drop it , is it 99 upgrade also ? (if so i will wait) 

I think last time they offered V 9 + minifreak (witch i so wich i grabbed , i thougth they would do it again but then they offered the acid crap )

No, they always have the 99$ upgrade sale at this time.  It is not reflective of a new version.

• Like 1

When they upgrade to a new version, what do they usually add? All Vintage Synths that have been released since the Vintage Synths that were included in the previous version? New Vintage Synths that were not previously released? Non-vintage Synths?  

Thanks for any insights into Arturia's past behavior in upgrading the V Collection.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

No, they always have the 99$ upgrade sale at this time.  It is not reflective of a new version.

Well.. previous versions were released around these dates, less than two years apart 

Vc7  25 April 2019 

Vc8  13 December 2020 

Vc9   03 March 2022

I would say that it is indeed around the corner, but just a guess

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, User 905133 said:

When they upgrade to a new version, what do they usually add? All Vintage Synths that have been released since the Vintage Synths that were included in the previous version? New Vintage Synths that were not previously released? Non-vintage Synths?  

Thanks for any insights into Arturia's past behavior in upgrading the V Collection.

Normally everything released after the latest collection, and they release something new around the time of the new collection that is also included, at least is what i remember 

• Thanks 1

I've been waiting and looking at the V Collection every year for about 3 years. Finally got it this BF for €99. I reckon they'll maybe another synth before 10 so it'll be that and the acid one...and then they'll probably have a deal that you can upgrade to 10 and get some new effect for free. I use ABL3 for my 303. Don't need any more synths. I say buy 9 and be done with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I hope they'll redo Spark at some point in the future 

Yep , kept v5 for that 

A ot(er question , if iugrade to v9 , can i re sale v7 ? This will solve the issue and a happy new owner ata stupid price ...

• Like 1