Happy Thanksgiving

Leadfoot

37 minutes ago, craigb said:

Benjamin Franklin allegedly wanted the turkey to be America's bird...  Sounds about right!

I was reading part of George Washington's diary one time. You can find it online. He had an entry about the abundance of turkeys in the wild while they were out surveying parts of the east coast and how the survived off of them while camping out in the wilderness.

Anyhoo ... Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pragi said:

image.png.460dac4934798ea23331ab5484f94124.png

I agree with ol' honest Abe. Lol. Especially the " ... that said ... " part of one of his famous speeches, that almost nobody has ever heard of and historians hide ...

The place I read Washington's diary is at an online library. It's really a fascinating site for old writings and things like that if you're in to such things.

I seem to remember a thread about this site years ago. openlibrary dot org. They actually have scans of many very old documents and books. At least they used to. I haven't been to that site in years.

• Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I seem to remember a thread about this site years ago. openlibrary dot org. They actually have scans of many very old documents and books. At least they used to. I haven't been to that site in years.

One day they will have that map about the hurricane path with the added sharpie bulge.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bapu said:

One day they will have that map about the hurricane path with the added sharpie bulge.

Reminds me of a South Park episode where the weather guy was drawing on a map pointing out the weather pattern. He drew a big circle around the southern states, a long corridor through the Midwest, with a smaller circle near the rockies at the tip of the corridor. Or something like that. Something about wet snow all over the Rockies, or maybe I'm remembering wrong. 😁

On 11/22/2023 at 11:23 AM, Bapu said:

4 days off work, what's not to celebrate?

It's my first Thanksgiving being retired. Kinda weird not feeling that "I'm on vacation" vibe from the holiday. It's all good though - smoking a couple of turkey breasts and the kids and their others will all be here this afternoon.

Wishing you all joy and happiness - and I hope each of you has something to be thankful for. 💗