Boz Digital Labs launches New York L virtual piano and other deal

satya

Boz Digital Labs has announced the release of two virtual instruments that bring the sounds of 1926 and 1991 grand pianos.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/search?qs=match&q=Boz+Digital&oses[]=

The New York L series pianos were sampled from multiple microphone perspectives to give you all the choices you need without being overwhelmed with options.

New York L 1926 and New York L 1991 for Windows and Mac (VST3, AU and AAX) are on sale for the introduction price of $19 USD each (regular $79 USD), while the bundle of both is on sale for $29 USD until December 31st, 2023 (regular $99 USD).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

Why in the world would he create his own plugins for this instead of a Kontakt library? It’s especially bad since he's known to abandon his plugins until the next paid version. Oh well. Windows users enjoy, I guess.

Honestly, I was wondering why do yet another piano library.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jngnz said:

Why in the world would he create his own plugins for this instead of a Kontakt library? It’s especially bad since he's known to abandon his plugins until the next paid version. Oh well. Windows users enjoy, I guess.

If you have Kontakt then the question is why would you buy/pay for yet another piano library?

With his own - it has value to those that haven't paid for the Kontakt overhead, investment cost = $20.

It makes sense to simply add to his offerings getting out of just effects and is a logical leap from the Clap, Stomp, etc that was an instrument.

I'm also curious about the size, while he says it isn't a 40-60 GIG library, just how small is it exactly?  

Someone asked on Youtube how many velocity layers there are or is it a secret and they replied: 

Sort of secret... mostly because it's not a simple question to answer. It relies on a combination of sampling and modelling, so it's not just a simple x number of layers. It allows us to have better control over the dynamics and smooth transitions as you get louder. With the added benefit of taking less hard drive space.

Also according to the newest video, there should be a demo but I don't see one on the website. I have too many pianos already so I'm not going to buy new ones blindly even if the price is tempting.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2023 at 4:04 PM, Brian Walton said:

If you have Kontakt then the question is why would you buy/pay for yet another piano library?

With his own - it has value to those that haven't paid for the Kontakt overhead, investment cost = $20.

It makes sense to simply add to his offerings getting out of just effects and is a logical leap from the Clap, Stomp, etc that was an instrument.

I'm also curious about the size, while he says it isn't a 40-60 GIG library, just how small is it exactly?  

I expect this will disappear down the queue quickly but figured I'd post a reply. I have a few Kontakt (I use K7) piano libraries but mostly for a mix, I tend to use True Pianos (4 Front) where the piano is in a denser mix. Most of the larger pianos I own get little practical use. I bought the Boz pianos and they're quite versatile, sound nice and have a number of useful presets that will make both of them very useable for my needs. Lots of control over the sound and the playability.

The samples occupy about 15 GB of storage on one of my sample SSD's.  During installation, there is complete flexibility on where the samples reside. 

I own quite a few Boz plugs and the ones I've owned for years continue to work properly (Studio One Pro 6.5.1 in Win 11 is my main DAW). (There was a comment about this developer abandoning plugs. Hasn't been my experience at all FWIW). 

For anyone looking for a small, versatile piano (or 2!) Whether or not you own Kontakt,  I'd recommend these 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

1926 is 7.3GB
1991 is 7.9GB

These are just renamed wav files, so they're very fast to download (there's an installer/downloader) even if you have a slow connection. 983 and 1220 samples.

The plugin is surprisingly good, there's a lot of mix, reverb and tone settings.

IMO the sound can't quite compete with my favorite piano libraries that can be bought for less than $50 right now (Signature Piano and the above mentioned Meldway Grand). But they're great for less than $30.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1