New FREE Waves plugin

satya

28 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Boy...that site is crazy!  It doesn't let you know that you've signed up...it just sits there 
and says nothing after pressing "sign up"

Try a different browser. It did the same to me in one, so I switched to another and it confirmed I'd registered afterwards in the second one.

40 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Boy...that site is crazy!  It doesn't let you know that you've signed up...it just sits there 

I received the following after signing-up in Firefox.  It's confusing that it says to come back on BF to request the plugin after I just did.

image.thumb.png.802beb0b51416bc6b9b6ec3ffa9f5055.png

Edited by locrian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

Signing up gets you on their email list i.e. to be notified.  As @BTP mentioned  "You have to be fast on 24th to get the plugin."
What a crock...

But even after you sign up you won't get notified.  I've signed up EVERY YEAR since they started this,
and NEVER ONCE have I received a "Notification" that I got the plugin, or to get the plugin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Signing up gets you on their email list i.e. to be notified.  As @BTP mentioned  "You have to be fast on 24th to get the plugin."
What a crock...

Yeah that is the way it works every year...except this is the first time I've seen them say they are limiting to 10K freebies.

The limited authorization period is also new development (likely designed to trap into WUP instead of letting users grab a few codes and then use those codes to activate when WUP time comes around.  I would say also to prevent flippers, but these plugins are also worthless on the 2nd hand market.

Does anyone want to join me in a speed round of slogans and taglines for Waves? 

• "Come for the free plugins, stay for the WUP!"
  • "WUP the FUP?!"
  • "A free can of WUP as* with every Waves plugin. "
  • "WUP, the gift that never stops giving."*
  • "WUP doesn't seem so bad now that you've seen we could go subscription-only overnight, does it? "

* Waves gives you email and Waves Central WUP requests for more money with every plugin purchase.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, cclarry said:

I got a confirmation in Firefox... It tells me to expect an email when it becomes available...

8 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

Tried in firefox, brave, chrome, safari, and got the “come back on the 24th” message each time.

Yes... That's the point. There's nothing to get now. If you've registered, come back on the 24th.

That's when it will be available.

They also mention that they will send an email notice at that time too!

We'll see...