FREE IK Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

Patrick Wichrowski

1 hour ago, Patrick Wichrowski said:

No problems here. But I always use the old Authorization Manager after installation to avoid samples not loading in Sample Tank. Also I install with Administrator privileges.

Thanks Patrick...

What was needed here ws to install the previous version 2.0.5 which installed fine, then updated it to 2.0.6 which is now installed and working fine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Not sure what the convoroom reverb is but if it's in there, I'm sure to find it!

When I first got MP2, I wanted dry audio so I could add my own FX.  It seemed that every factory preset had an omnipresent reverb. In my experience, the ConvoRoom was sider was up by default for R1 [Return 1]. 

I had to slide the MIX window all the way to the right to find where the returns were. 

Each Effect Return Channel has 5 effect slots just like the Part Channels. And then at the far right is the Master Channel which processes the master output.

Edited by User 905133

39 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

When I first got MP2, I wanted dry audio so I could add my own FX.  It seemed that every factory preset had an omnipresent reverb. In my experience, the ConvoRoom was sider was up by default for R1 [Return 1]. 

I had to slide the MIX window all the way to the right to find where the returns were. 

Interesting. I'm sure to learn more about this as I begin using the software...

4 hours ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

I download when I purchase and then back up to bluray. If I don't have the room now I can always install later from back up when  I do! It's not rocket science ;) My current rig has 18tb of storage and has room for 4 more hdd and 1 more ssd or no more hdd and 2 more ssd. I never understood why people like to do things the hard way and then blame everyone else... Guess I'm old :)

Bill

It's not that it's hard Bill and it's easy to work around, it's just the comparison to how most other companies do it so much better and there's no additional costs, or storage required from them.

It's like if you're buying a car and most other manufacturers sell you the complete car but the IK model car is missing one door! The door would be easy to buy (painful to install knowing IKs installers 🤣) but more importantly, you just shouldn't have to.

Same with WUP from Waves, it's easy to pay, but still a crappy practice by them.

Lots of great things about IK and even though their freebies even cop flack, they are really generous in my eyes and some of their software is excellent.

This is an easy thing for them to address and bring them up a level to their competitors.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

I download when I purchase and then back up to bluray. If I don't have the room now I can always install later from back up when  I do! It's not rocket science ;) My current rig has 18tb of storage and has room for 4 more hdd and 1 more ssd or no more hdd and 2 more ssd. I never understood why people like to do things the hard way and then blame everyone else... Guess I'm old :)

Bill

Massive Blu-ray collector here, but in the computer world they are antiquated tech already.  And would take a whole pile of discs to backup the IKM suite.

My IKM download/backup is about 1TB that is double the space of most laptops being sold today.  Completely absurd to have to buy drives to backup something of that size for a future install.

• Like 1

The way I back up sound library files (don't have to back up application/plugin installers, those are always available) is to install them all on an external drive and map that in our VIs, then back that up so if anything happens it's a quick cutover.  I do copy that over to my main studio machine's samples drive too for better performance but the external drive "floater" is great for laptop/multiple installs and the second external HD is a great backup for those that don't want to upload/download to and from the cloud when they need a backup implemented very quickly.

But also, as I said above I'm still poking the bear about the sounds download expiration regularly regardless :)

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, MusicMan said:

It's not that it's hard Bill and it's easy to work around, it's just the comparison to how most other companies do it so much better and there's no additional costs, or storage required from them.

It's like if you're buying a car and most other manufacturers sell you the complete car but the IK model car is missing one door! The door would be easy to buy (painful to install knowing IKs installers 🤣) but more importantly, you just shouldn't have to.

Same with WUP from Waves, it's easy to pay, but still a crappy practice by them.

Lots of great things about IK and even though their freebies even cop flack, they are really generous in my eyes and some of their software is excellent.

This is an easy thing for them to address and bring them up a level to their competitors.

I have a thorough dislike of WUP

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, Cookie Jarvis said:

I download when I purchase and then back up to bluray. If I don't have the room now I can always install later from back up when  I do! It's not rocket science

Disc drives are pretty much dead these days. Modern cases have no room to install them and external units can be expensive, especially for things like BluRay. And because nobody uses them, blank discs can sometimes cost more than memory cards.

On 9/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, Cookie Jarvis said:

My current rig has 18tb of storage and has room for 4 more hdd and 1 more ssd or no more hdd and 2 more ssd. I never understood why people like to do things the hard way and then blame everyone else

Just because you can afford a lot of storage doesn't mean everyone else can.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bonjour à tous, j'ai lu avec intérêt les derniers commentaires puisque que j'ai le même problème que Keni, mais  la différence   est que je suis incapable de trouver la version 2.0.5 ! ou puis-je télécharger cette version SVP ?

Merci d'avance. 

47 minutes ago, jema said:

Bonjour à tous, j'ai lu avec intérêt les derniers commentaires puisque que j'ai le même problème que Keni, mais  la différence   est que je suis incapable de trouver la version 2.0.5 ! ou puis-je télécharger cette version SVP ?

Merci d'avance. 

(Apologies for not attempting to answer en Francais)

In your account on the IK site, under "My Products", then "Software", find the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 section. 

There should be a list of links underneath (including "Serials/License", "Download Resources" and others). One of these should be: "Past Releases". Click that, and downloaders for previous releases. (I have Miroslav 2 CE and see versions 2.0.3, 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 available to download, along with the current 2.0.6.)

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zolton said:

(Apologies for not attempting to answer en Francais)

In your account on the IK site, under "My Products", then "Software", find the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 section. 

There should be a list of links underneath (including "Serials/License", "Download Resources" and others). One of these should be: "Past Releases". Click that, and downloaders for previous releases. (I have Miroslav 2 CE and see versions 2.0.3, 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 available to download, along with the current 2.0.6.)

Hope this helps!

Thank very much, it's works, I find all old versions, then I am realy pleased to try it .  Many  thanks, 

Jean