UVI Synth Anthology 4 is out - Discover your upgrade offer!

cclarry

Yuck on the timing of this release after I just blew a bunch of cash.

Can anyone tell what, if any, new sound/synth content is included since v3?  I see a lot on new feature/structure updates, but the new sounds part is escaping me.

Edited by Anxiousmofo
  • Great Idea 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Can anyone tell what, if any, new sound/synth content is included since v3?  I see a lot on new feature/structure updates, but the new sounds part is escaping me.

When comparing the manual for Synth Anthology 3 to that of Synth Anthology 4, SA3 has 132 synths vs 200 for SA4. Also, SA3 has about 3,700 presets, compared to just over 5,000 for SA4. As a result, SA3 requires 15GB of disk space, whereas SA4 requires 21GB.                      

I have SA3 and will keep it. Regardless any potential enhancements and being offered the update for €49, I hate the new four-shades-of-gray UI of SA4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Canopus said:

When comparing the manual for Synth Anthology 3 to that of Synth Anthology 4, SA3 has 132 synths vs 200 for SA4. Also, SA3 has about 3,700 presets, compared to just over 5,000 for SA4. As a result, SA3 requires 15GB of disk space, whereas SA4 requires 21GB.                      

I have SA3 and will keep it. Regardless any potential enhancements and being offered the update for €49, I hate the new four-shades-of-gray UI of SA4.

Thanks.  I hadn't yet looked at the manuals, but it seems they would want to emphasize the new sounds  content more in their ad copy. I appreciate the info.

To the extent this makes SA more MPE friendly and less MPE-setup-cumbersome in Falcon, that alone makes the update worthwhile to me.

• Like 1

Can anyone with Synth Anthology 1 or 2 share their upgrade price? I have 3 and the 49 upgrade price but given I haven't really used it much I'm tempted to wait for a future upgrade. Assuming the upgrade from 1 or 2 is 49 as well. Much closer to the intro price of 89 and it wouldn't look much like an upgrade price at all. 

• Great Idea 1

51 minutes ago, Scott H said:

Does it make any sense to get Synth Anthology if you already have Vintage Vault?

My question as well.   I don't have any SA, but my upgrade price is $49.  It obviously has many more synths than VV, but, do I really need it.

(Probably not).

48 minutes ago, Scott H said:

Does it make any sense to get Synth Anthology if you already have Vintage Vault?

I’m afraid so. Vintage Vault is much larger, holding all the separate UVI synths, while Synth Anthology is more like al integrated vehicle, somewhat comparable to Arturia’s Analog Lab. 
Conversely, you could compare Vintage Vault to Arturia’s V Collection. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fleer said:

The dual engine is what makes SA4 different from SA3, apart from more sounds and FX. 

That dual engine reminds me of what AAS have done with the latest installments of their instruments. 

It reminds me of those quick n cheap Play Series Kontakt instruments which NI have been focusing on instead of creating real synths.  I don't particularly like any of those Kontakt instruments, however, UVI's sample/sound quality is much higher.

PP_SA4_GUIS.gif

Utopia:

uuid-d02eff78-4a5a-b735-569b-41bce24c3c8

DUETS:

uuid-9a155a41-d7d2-786b-8f08-7b92e5a94f0

IGNITION KEYS:

Ignition-Keys-790x414.jpg

Edited by Hurricane
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Canopus said:

Same here the gui is an insult, also i don t see any upgrade price , i hade originaly an nfr of 3 bougth the upgrade of v 3 and dont see any upgrade offer .... seems im supposed to buy new versions evrytime ? Lol better not having an nfr to strt with .

what i see is that newresets must be based on this dual concept .

my advise for anyobdy seriously looking for those vintage sounds :

1) stickwith v3 

2) disable scond osc 

3) take of all fx 

original soundsource will then reveal themselves and will show they true caracter printed by the hw !

the dual approch is the second osc enhnced in v 3 , sound matching is exactly what s present in xln audio XO

if we have control over that lfo in the mix area , it cn be great but it deosnt seem to be teh case , a more solid way to play with the mix mod ( enveloppe , seq or several lfo type) is imho a must , maybe its there but didnt seen this ....

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig N said:

Can anyone with Synth Anthology 1 or 2 share their upgrade price? I have 3 and the 49 upgrade price but given I haven't really used it much I'm tempted to wait for a future upgrade. Assuming the upgrade from 1 or 2 is 49 as well. Much closer to the intro price of 89 and it wouldn't look much like an upgrade price at all. 

I have version 1 and it's 49 for the upgrade price.

• Like 1

Can someone who has SA4 on UVIWorkstation 3.1.12 and select any 28. machine preset and post what happens.

When I select any 28. machine preset,  I get SA4 display an error mesage "Unable to load the convolution reverb data from'SFalcon
Resources.ufs/Samples/Convolver/Speaker/Champion.wav'" and "Unable to load the convolution reverb data from'SFalcon
Resources.ufs/Samples/Convolver/Speaker/bass Green.wav'"

I have reported this to UVI support but I just want to make sure it's not just me.

8 hours ago, Promidi said:

Can someone who has SA4 on UVIWorkstation 3.1.12 and select any 28. machine preset and post what happens.

When I select any 28. machine preset,  I get SA4 display an error mesage "Unable to load the convolution reverb data from'SFalcon
Resources.ufs/Samples/Convolver/Speaker/Champion.wav'" and "Unable to load the convolution reverb data from'SFalcon
Resources.ufs/Samples/Convolver/Speaker/bass Green.wav'"

I have reported this to UVI support but I just want to make sure it's not just me.

are you using last update of workstation ?  if so maybe it's a preset made in falcon that used something not present in workstation ...