UVI Synth Anthology 4 is out - Discover your upgrade offer!

cclarry

I'm still waiting for UVI to provide a torrent link for SA 4, because a large soundset like that can take hours to download.  The UVI Portal app has been taking forever to download the String Machines 2 soundset update (I should have used the UVI-provided torrent link for this one).  Perhaps UVI is waiting for the SA 4 product to stabilize (there have been two updates already) before making a torrent link available.

On 9/1/2023 at 2:12 AM, pseudopop said:

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about the upgrade price. I purchased Synth Anthology 3 for about $50 a couple of weeks ago thinking I might get v4 cheaper that way.

(Faking) loyalty is not rewarded, it seems. Not that it's anything new in this business.

Why don't you write their customer service?   Maybe there is a grace period and they will upgrade for free,  Or at least discount it further.

• Great Idea 2

15 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Why don't you write their customer service?   Maybe there is a grace period and they will upgrade for free,  Or at least discount it further.

What a splendid idea! Why didn't I think of doing that? I just opened a ticket with them about it, I'll let you know what they say.

Thank you for your suggestion, Reid, sincerely. 🫡

15 hours ago, Fleer said:

And tell us if you got lucky!

Well, actually, just last night I... Oh, with the Synth Anthology? Gotcha. Will do!

Edited by pseudopop
grammar is my enemy
  • Haha 4

Status update for @Reid Rosefelt and @Fleer:

UVI support said that they don't really have an official grace period, but since I'm such a loyal person they decided to give me a free upgrade! Much more generous than I expected, though I have had nothing but good experiences with UVI support.

Thanks again, Reid. Your suggestion was obvious but I wasn't seeing the forest because of all the dang trees. I will mark this day on my calendar as the only day when I actually saved money in the literal sense because of this forum. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In case anyone was looking at a new purchase rather than an upgrade, I found the following on the Imageline blog.  Code for $10 off the $89 price.

Our friends at UVI have just released Synth Anthology 4, a dreamlike collection featuring the authentic hardware sound of 200 vintage and modern synths. To celebrate we have a FL Studio exclusive offer for you! Get an additional 10 USD/€* discount to UVI’s awesome intro 89 USD/€ offer using voucher code SA4-FLS. After the deal Synth Anthology 4 will be $149 USD/€

• Thanks 3

Here are the 69 new machines included in Synth Anthology 4 with their acronyms in the product presets:

ALESIS - Ion AIN
ALESIS - Quadrasynth AQD
ANALOG SOLUTIONS - Colossus ASC
ARTURIA - MiniFreak AMF
ARTURIA - MicroFreak AMI
ARTURIA - MatrixBrute AMB
ARTURIA - PolyBrute APB
One - Electron GX.2 AGX
ASM - Hydrasynth HYD
BALORAN - The River RIV
BEHRINGER - Model D BMD
BEHRINGER - Poly D BPD
BLACK CORP. - Deckard's Dream BDD
CASIO - VZ-8 CV8
CASIO - FZ-1 CF1
CASIO - KX-101 CKX
CASIO - PT-7 CPT
CASIO - SA-2 CSA
CASIO - VL-1 CL1
CASIO - VL-5 CL5
CASIO - CK-500 CCK
CLAVIA - Nord Wave 2 NW2
DSI - Prophet Rev2 DR2
DSI - TETR4 DT4
DSI - Poly Evolver DPE
EMU - Morpheus EMO
EMU - UltraProteus EUP
ENSONIQ - MR-61 EMR
ENSONIQ - TS-10 ETS
KODAMO - EssenceFM EKS
KORG - Wavestate KWT
KORG - Minilogue XD KXD
KORG - Trinity KTY
KORG - Radias KRD
KORG - Volca Keys KVK
KORG - Volca FM KVF
KORG - NTS-1 KNT
KORG - Trident KTT
KURZWEIL - K2500 K25
MELBOURNE INSTRUMENTS - Nina MNI
MODAL - Argon8 MAR
MODAL - Cobalt8 MCO
M - Matriarch MMA
M - Slim Phatty MSP
NONLINEAR LABS - C15 C15
NOVATION - Summit NSU
OBIE - OB-X8 OX8
OBIE - Matrix 1000 O1K
PHILIPS - PMC 100 PMC
PIONEER - Toraiz AS1 PTZ
RADIKAL TECHNOLOGIES - Spectralis 2 SPE
RLD - SH-09 SH9
RLD - U110 RU1
SEQ - Take 5 ST5
SEQ - Pro 3 SPR
SCI - Pro 8 SP8
SCI - Prophet 2002 P2K
SCI - Prophet 3000 P3K
SCI - Pro One SP1
SCHMIDT - Eight Voice SEV
SUIKO - ST-10 SS1
TECHNICS - WSA1R TWS
UDO - Super 6 US6
YAMAHA - AN200 YAN
YAMAHA - DX200 YDX
YAMAHA - CS6x YC6
YAMAHA - EX5 YEX
YAMAHA - AVX-1 YAX
YUHOJIN - Asoboard YAS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I'm fighting against buying this as I have Arturia's Collection and a bunch of other retro synths from various developers. I haven't really found an answer as to what the benefits of having this over other options might be? Other than maybe having a variety of retro sounds accessible quick within the same plugin? Ie. this seems more like "nice to have" rather than "mandatory"?

Edited by Kirean

4 minutes ago, Kirean said:

So I'm fighting against buying this as I have Arturia's Collection and a bunch of other retro synths from various developers. I haven't really found an answer as to what the benefits of having this over other options might be? Other than maybe having a variety of retro sounds accessible quick within the same plugin? Ie. this seems more like "nice to have" rather than "mandatory"?

For me it is, where it highly differs from Arturia. Not as much because it’s sampled, but because SA4 includes 200 synths, as many modern as retro, and serves as an inspiration machine with the new proximity explorer. But I would always recommend to first get the Arturia Collection. 

I guess the bigger question is also that can you actually tweak the sounds to get outlandish and outrageous results or is it, just like you said, more of an inspiration machine than a stand-alone, fully fledged synth?

Kinda like how some of those orchestral 'essential' packs are great for having a quick-go but if you really wanna play around, might need something a bit more elaborate....  

Or maybe like Arturia's stand alone synths vs. Arturia's Analog Lab? 

Edited by Kirean

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

I guess the bigger question is also that can you actually tweak the sounds to get outlandish and outrageous results or is it, just like you said, more of an inspiration machine than a stand-alone, fully fledged synth?

Probably not your goto for sound design. You can edit envelopes and filter settings etc. but you are constrained by the original sample in the patch and the fixed architecture. That said the tweakability will be sufficient for many people.  The layering expands the range of sounds too. But outrageous and outlandish is stretching it.

On 9/9/2023 at 5:00 PM, Kirean said:

Kinda like how some of those orchestral 'essential' packs are great for having a quick-go but if you really wanna play around, might need something a bit more elaborate....  

Or maybe like Arturia's stand alone synths vs. Arturia's Analog Lab? 

If you’d like to use it for sound design, best to have Falcon. 

I've spent a short time with this, and here are my initial thoughts, particularly for people who are considering upgrading from Synth Anthology 3. 

First, it's a totally different thing.  SA3 only gave you one patch at a time, with a separate Sub engine.  This is two patches at the same time, similar to Analog Lab.  Obviously this gives you a lot more options with all the presets.

The FX and the arp are way better.   In fact, the arp has features you won't find on most, if not all, of the Vintage Vault instruments. Cool stuff, like making a note  in the arp add a 9th.  Randomizing capabilities.  And if you don't like this arp, you can turn it off and use the old one that comes with Workstation or Falcon.

As I am an arp-lover,   I have been working for a while on a video on the new Falcon arpeggiators that have turned up in Falcon versions 2.5 and 2.8.  (Plus the three Euclidean sequencers from Falcon 2.0)  There is some cool stuff there.  But as I can't figure out how to turn off the arp on SA3 (I don't think it's possible),  you may not be able to use any of these new sequencer/arp scripts in Falcon with SA3.

The point I'm hoping to make in the video is that these arps are like extra libraries that do amazing things with any UVI synth sound you have.  I truly think they are reason enough to get Falcon.  And even long-time Falconistas may not know about them because so many of them only came out a year ago. Will I ever finish this video?  Stay tuned.  But it's easy for you to try them out by adding Script Processors in the  Events Category.

Back to SA4.  I  think it's a really good deal.  The problem with Vintage Vault for me is that it is a LOT to look through.  This is more manageable, and therefore useful.  And it is a big leap forward from SA3

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Has Falcon 2 ever been in a deep discount?

There has been the same Falcon sale every year, around October.  I think it goes for around $250, with two expansions plus a $100 voucher.   If you wait until BF and the 30% off UVI sale, you can get 3 expansions for the voucher and a few bucks. 

But you never know, there could be something better. 

• Like 1