Boy Meets Girl

noynekker

Hey all  . . . here's something from my studio that I played around with for way too long, finally became an actual song. Originally came about after hearing some Acadian music (eastern Canada) on the radio one night, kind of an Irish roots thing . . . and I added my pop music thing to it, let me know if it's any fun for you . . .

• Like 3

Bruce  , I no nothing about Acadian music but really appreciate the Irish feel. I would love to be able to do the fast reels. I thought this was a Very cool song and I Really liked the instrumentation. Quite a bit different from your past songs. Great job on the entire production.   

If you ever need bagpipes on a song , hit me up.   I've got a set on the wall where they belong.         

Enjoyed it ..          mark

• Like 1

So nice! That Acadian sound is really distinctive. Few years ago my wife and I were in Quebec city and came across a couple of street musicians playing guitar and mandolin. We had to buy their CD they were so good. Anyway, your  song reminded me of that day.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Bruce  , I no nothing about Acadian music but really appreciate the Irish feel. I would love to be able to do the fast reels. I thought this was a Very cool song and I Really liked the instrumentation. Quite a bit different from your past songs. Great job on the entire production.   

If you ever need bagpipes on a song , hit me up.   I've got a set on the wall where they belong.         

Enjoyed it ..          mark

@mark skinner Thank you Mark . . . yes, I do like to try different song approaches and styles, glad you liked it ! Was driving and singing along to my instrumental version of this, then the vocals just appeared on the way back from grocery shopping . . .

(bagpipes in a pop song . . . heard that work only once:)

23 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

So nice! That Acadian sound is really distinctive. Few years ago my wife and I were in Quebec city and came across a couple of street musicians playing guitar and mandolin. We had to buy their CD they were so good. Anyway, your  song reminded me of that day.
-Bjorn

@bjornpdx . . . thanks for sharing the story Bjorn . . . there is very rich history in eastern Canada for this type of simple acoustic music . . . I'm in the west, so am just discovering more of it as time goes along . . .

4 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Bruce

Loved this - remined me of playing in pubs in Ireland!!

Great song, well very played and mixed

Very cool, as I said before, I LOVED IT!!!!

Nigel

@Bajan Blue . . . wow Nigel . . . bet you have some incredible road stories from those days in Ireland, thanks for having a listen . . . always a good day for me when one of my favourite artists loves my tune, with caps . . . it is much appreciated !

Bruce