IK Deals on Hammond B3 and a "Secret" Deal

cclarry

25 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

This post!!!! This is exactly why it may be a good idea to wait a day or two before pulling the trigger -- as Larry will beat his own deals! 

Also, if you have Jam Points at IK, they work for this sale, so you can reduce the price a little lower than JRR's price if you have enough Jam Points to take the maximum 30% off from the sale price. I know, because I tried and am still contemplating whether to pick this up or not.

fb1c27c6526385d0904dca7e3862f7b97ec85ef10f5cb446f71503c3d96ad113.jpg.605895da2d021e1fc19f46b1c9560eaa.jpg

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

B3's are used in rock, blues, R&B, neo soul, country, house and jazz (there's probably more...)

Yes, gospel! Also it's worth mentioning that the initial idea for creating a cabinet organ was to miniaturize pipe organs so that one could bring it home and practice classical music 😆. Personally I'd say it's been a huge, huge part of any 'organic' type of music, but then you will find samples of it in house music, as rightfully pointed out, and pop.

Edit: and then, only 2 hours later, I have read the Vernon's comment about "organic sound" :D 

Edited by chris.r

13 hours ago, Keni said:

Sadly, these sales are leading me to believe there won’t be any updates/upgrades. I hope I’m wrong as it definitely has room to grow!

??? IK seems to put things on deep discount just before they release a new version.  The upgrade cost is generally outrageous and everyone complains bitterly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason Neudorf said:

??? IK seems to put things on deep discount just before they release a new version.  The upgrade cost is generally outrageous and everyone complains bitterly.

I thought I remembered something along those lines, but with the changing times...

We reduced most of our prices recently, including upgrades that dropped more than $100 lower than they had been on flagship products so things have been changing for the better and likely will continue to do so.  There are also incentives for loyal customers beyond just JamPoints like the additional $50 off we offered for MAX users to upgrade (off of already-reduced pricing during the aforementioned price drops) and the current $100 off the lowered upgrade pricing on Total Studio 4 MAX for 3/3.5 MAX users that we've been mailing to customers (on a Total Studio package that added a lot of products yet still lowered every price point by hundreds compared to 3/3.5 MAX pricing).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We reduced most of our prices recently, including upgrades that dropped more than $100 lower than they had been on flagship products so things have been changing for the better and likely will continue to do so.  There are also incentives for loyal customers beyond just JamPoints like the additional $50 off we offered for MAX users to upgrade (off of already-reduced pricing during the aforementioned price drops) and the current $100 off the lowered upgrade pricing on Total Studio 4 MAX for 3/3.5 MAX users that we've been mailing to customers (on a Total Studio package that added a lot of products yet still lowered every price point by hundreds compared to 3/3.5 MAX pricing).

Does the future have any love for the owners of Total Studio 2 MAX?

Edited by pseudopop
  • Great Idea 1

20 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia (1) Will all the details be posted in one place for those of us who don't get e-mails? And if so, where will it be posted?  (2) Will a list be posted of all the new products that came out since Total Studio 4 MAX came out so consumers will have a clear understanding of what's not included in Total Studio 4 MAX? Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Don't worry. You offer "hardcover book" pricing on new products, and gradually decrease prices as time goes on. Just like almost everyone else.  At least you offer prices attractive even to us hobbyists towards the end of the cycle.  

7 hours ago, Grem said:

And this is exactly the B3's appeal. For many years when I was younger I thought the Deep Purple sound was the distorted guitar sound. Then I realized all that time it was the B3 that Jon Lord was playing having that sound, not the guitar. 

Monomix doing the same with a new genre of music.

If you limit the B3 because it has a 70's sound to it, then you really limit yourself. 

One of my favorite bands of all time is Opeth, who feature a B3 on a number of songs and albums.  Oboe, too.  Who’d a thunk death metal could be so refined?  

• Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 7:31 AM, audioschmaudio said:

Thanks. Yes well, I guess it's not for me then.

I'm actually middle-aged. I'm 50. Just into more modern music.

hmm.. it works in modern productions. all depends how you use it. i know one EDM chill step producer who uses Arturia Solina a lot. and thats a really old instrument. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

cool. i am still holding out for some hardware deal incentives.